1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC 0.7 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Brado23, Mar 19, 2019.

1. mms

mms Alien

And you, instead of just ignoring him, pour fuel on fire... Even banning him would be more appropriate. Really sad :(

I'm out of this forum, the worst one I ever participated in.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

If I wasn’t civilized, I’d xxxxxxx!

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

M8 you’re right.
    Last post on this topic, and even in this forum.
    By

tabis and stefanoCasillo like this.
  4. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

naples is playing really bad against Arsenal!

5. SebiTheJoker

SebiTheJoker Gamer

What is even more sad is that the first half they couldn't chain together more than 3 passes, and it's an italian team

6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

@Lord Kunos
    Yeah, feel good!
    But remind you who was there in your dark days, when all you wanted was leaving...
    Sad poor soul!

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  7. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I just said I was impressed, why are you now attacking me? And I've not played Forza or Gran Turismo in the last 10 years...

8. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Never thought I had to use the ignore button.

9. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Naples? Is that Napoli?

10. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Well I hope nobody minds if I change the subject...

Just had a couple of excellent races on Kunos 01 server, think it was set to 50 SA, 20 minute race in the dry at Zolder.

Didn't see any d**k moves at all, had some really good racing and got below 1:30 a few times so very pleased. Finally getting the hang of the 2018 Datsun, very nice machine, does precisely I want it to in a way none of the other cars do.

The feel of this game on my wheel is just getting better and better as I fine tune the settings, and the changing light conditions, and the atmosphere, the sounds, holy F*** the SOUNDS, ratings, tracks, and don't even get me started on the rain, and the dynamic conditions, ofmg... you guys are absolutely nailing it here... and I don't even like GT3 cars haha, well I'll keep telling myself that for a while anyway :D

I think CN is bugged because it kept climbing every lap but I was driving exactly the same... :p

Definitely the driver category is messed up as yesterday I got promoted from Bronze to Gold for the first time, was nice to see PRO next to my name in the server. But in two races zero contacts and finished pretty well first race from far back in the pack, then podium second race, all rating changes throughout races were increases, yet I got downgraded back to Bronze by the time I was out of the two races.

RC is really plateauing now at 53, and every single session I hover over says 1,500 ELO so not sure what that is supposed to mean?
    Finally I am assuming CP is disabled? Since unlocking it has not moved off zero nor gone green at all...

11. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

In this forum??? wow :D

12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I see what you did there.... :D
    But thx for the first actual feeback on a 50 SA server

13. Si.

Si. Simracer

I also just had a fantastic race round Monza, even though the first corner was a disaster with crashes, went from 3rd to 19th. I then spent the next 20mins working my way back up the field to finish 3rd. During the esport hot stint I was able to hit 1:50s on occasion but now I can hit 1:49s regularly, mostly due to focusing on CC and CN :).

I’ve also just gone over 50 SA so I’m hoping that I can join some rated servers now and avoid the first corner mayhem.

This is turning into a truly fantastic sim.

14. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Was in the race with you. I feel like an ******e when people congratulate me for good race and I can't reply because Im in VR :D

The race was great apart from the start - I was supposed to be 3rd, but because I am using autostart, the Ferrari in 4th started to drive earlier and I could not get back in front of him until the green lights..

Also, had to miss the race before due to being teleported to pits from formation, even though i pressed Drive in time.

@Minolin I also noticed that my setup was reverting back to safe preset, even though I would change it to agresive in sessions before and would also change fuel level.. I thought reverting back to safe happens only if you choose agresive and dont change anything..

LeiF likes this.
  15. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

The ultimate test of artificial intelligence is whether a human can accurately determine if they are interacting with a human or a computer. The AI drivers in ACC are generally passing that test for me except for their tendency to be highly consistent which include going very fast in some sections, slower in some sections and making very few random errors like really late breaking or over acceleration out of corners leading to instability. They also rarely make totally dumb *** attempts to pass which is way to common in human drivers.

16. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I agree.This is why AI in r factor 2 is very fun as it makes a lot of mistakes.

17. fabT

fabT Alien

Back on topic, i've run a couple SP custom weekend 20min races, at Misano and Monza.
    92% AI skill, 75% aggressivity.

Now AI behaves a bit better than before, it's less reckless.
    Letting alone its pace, it's almost fine at Misano, yet:

1) At Monza AI cars still occasionally ram me at the braking zone of first chicane -and- ram / hook my back on parabolica exit ( under acceleration ). Still a tad glitchy.
    2) Seems to me that on qualification AI skill % is ignored ( 100% applying? ): AI cars are blazing fast on qualy ( much more than me ) and much slower on actual race. I mean 2-3 seconds slower.
    3) Again at Monza: AI cars still do a lot of unneeded zig-zagging at race start on straight. Got hit on side a couple times ( when going absolutely straight ) by some AMG AI guy "swinging" all the way from left to right unexplicably.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I guess not.... passed over again! :confused:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

They could always manage it as most humans do in MP. Full throttle and have a huge crash then block the track, sure its not ideal AI stopping/slowing in a train. But also in a race nobody should be stopping on track and if they do it would be a yellow, red or safety car situation so everyone should avoid overtaking and follow in a train.

Could it be improved? Sure everything always can just like your PB times. Over time and with effort everything usually improves and people are usually doing things i order to get it better. Doesnt always work out so progress is not a linear path or even always positive.

Sounds easy maybe you should just do it, code must be so simple.
    1 Start AI
    2 Learn you %$#@ers
    3 Goto beach and collect piles of cash.

I Cant even imagine how much effort goes into trying to code AI for all possible situations you can think of. Then see them run and find they do something completly unexpected and you go back to the drawing board.

Fix something and it makes them fail somewhere else. Always striving to improve any aspect you can but hours of effort may need to be scrapped regularly when it was a wrong approach.

Often you may make a breakthrough, but sometimes you just tear your hair out. Have you seen @Lord Kunos head recently. :D

The AI somehow needs to be able to race the fastest possible pace, and also against people that may be 5 or more seconds off pace. They need to be able to race hard and tight amongst good racers and somehow leave plenty of extra margin against those that need this.

They also need to manage with the guys stopping mid race on track for no logical reason, but go flat out all other times when they dont.

That self learning thing and the beach sounds like more fun to me, shame its more marketing speach then reality especially inside a sensible budget for a commercial racing game. Ask Boeing how their 737max AI assisted code is working out for them?

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It's qualy and practice its more of an issue for me. Sometimes I try and let a faster car go by however he just will not do it and it puts us both in awkward situations.. Late in the AC development there was a change to the Ai which handled this situation better however only in the corners. On the straights the issue remains. All these years, all these people banging on about it however I have never read anything official to say what the issue is, we cant fix it, we can fix, its on the list, we cant be bothered etc... To be honest I am surprised it carried over from AC. I thought this would have been a fairly high priority. Who knows.....? Somebody knows though ;)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019