1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC 1.1 release discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Zeraxx, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

excellent update. Physics and content wide I think it’s awesome. It is the sim I get the most enjoyment while driving.

Can the UI receive some love?

I noticed small things like:

- 2 and 3 instead of 1 and 2 for accept and cancel

- still no way to know how long will be the online race until the countdown

- no ECU description in car setup

- save/load setup still unchanged

- no option to save graphics configuration (change from vr/monitor). Maybe have two different json files, one for launch in desktop mode and one for launch in steamvr /openvvr mode. Loads automatically

- option to hide the chat during races. Extremely annoying people ranting popping all the time

- inconsistent default setups/presets tire pressures after the warm tires update. New cara have correct tire pressures set by default. Old cars it seems unchanged/not as good as the new cars.

- option to change damper values from “clicks” to actual units. Even if it’s not in the ui, maybe a .json filé option to change it. But I would prefer a checkbox in options or in the setup screen.

-maybe a “tutorial mode” teaching you how to pit, explain all the simulation aspects from the weekend, etc. i.e. simulation starts 2 turns before pit entry, race engineer talks to you about pressing the speed limit button, where to park, which key to press to shut down the engine, which key to press to change drivers, etc

Sorry typos from smartphone

chksix, Donato Ragone and kickers2k1 like this.
  2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

made my day....hilarious :):):)

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

have a 2nd look please ;)

4. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

Will have a look. Yesterday I couldn’t find it.

thanks for the awesome work and please consider the other options too :)

5. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

You find it in the garage above the chat window.

Micii1 and Dufloth like this.
  6. Panda gt3 is the most insane thing I could have heard!
    What about a bravo 96 gt3?

7. Anyway I am so much confused with the BOP in mixed scenario.
    As I understood, If I take a 2018 Ferrari in a 2019 track, it will go exactly like the 2019 one.
    But what about Jaguar for istance, or aston v12? That is what I don't get.
    Is what I sayd true only for the cars who joined both seasons?

8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Quoting myself from another chat.

Need to explain a couple of things so that you get maybe a better understanding. I apologise in advance as it is really confusing.

So, BOP is as it says a balance of performance. They don't care how fast the actual car is, they care to bring it down or up to a performance comparable to other cars. So, in 2018 some cars like the Merc were very good, especially in comparisson to M6 or Nissan or Lexus etc...
    Enter 2019 and the Merc doesn't changes, while new EVO cars appear. So what the BOP does? It gives the Merc a little bit extra weight to bring the performance a tiny bit down, not by much as already heavily restricted. Just a tiny bit to close the gap to M6, Nissans, Lexus... EVO cars result much better. So HEAVY BOP on them to be on par with Mercedes.
    So paradoxically you get new EVO cars that might be even slower than the non EVO 2018 cars with 2018 BOP. Real teams, knowing that the EVO cars are better jump on them. Nobody stays on 2018 non EVO cars because SRO tells them "we will BOP you more" so it doesn't make sense and they commit to buy the new cars.
    On the contrary on the sim, you get to run 2018 cars if you like. What we do to BOP them? Either nothing, if they were already slow, so identical to their 2018 BOP even in 2019 tracks, or use a bit harsher 2019 BOP if they were already fast in 2018. So a Lambo 2018, in a 2019 track/grid, will get a little bit of weight and a restrictor so to be similar or a tiny bit slower than 2019 cars.

9. Fantastic job Kunos

10. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

What about ferrari BoP for 2019 ? is it bit favourable or same or even worse ?

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I've already made a few donations.. Lets just say I need a new keyboard. :eek::D

gotta love acc

Ricky Reject likes this.
  12. Mudguts

Mudguts Rookie

Hahaha :eek:

13. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

I'm surprised this thread has had so little responses, but I'll believe that's a good thing, people busy racing instead of visiting forums.

I'm in touch with a reasonably large community of ACC racers and I have to say the opinions of everyone I've heard about the new patch are unanimously very positive.

Thanks to all involved.

14. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I’ve been too busy racing to post much, but just wanted to pop in and say how much I’ve been enjoying the update. New cars are great and have breathed new life into the sim. So much so that I really don’t know which car I’ll run in the next league season. Possibly the Aston (but I think there’s going to be loads of them and I’d like to be different) or possibly the NSX EVO, which I quite like and with some effort can be quick. The Porsche is interesting and could definitely be quick, but also risky. The lambo too. Decisions, decisions!

Awesome job Kunos, thank you so so much. I’ve said it before, but this is certainly the best sim on the market and is now really the only one I still play.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  15. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Really liking the new cars and Zand, and especially liking the ability to run semi-custom liveries on public servers now. In lieu of the understandable restrictions on allowing full-custom liveries, this is the next best thing. If we only had an in game editor, it’d be a near perfect solution.

16. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

1,576 peak players yesterday. Wow! Huge jump. Something is working

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

True.. I counted 50 occupied servers in my list with 40% of them being 2018. A considerable jump.. :)

18. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yep, I'll add to the general positive vibe. New cars and tracks are a blast, but there are so many incremental improvements over so much of the sim since 1.1 that have really pushed it to the next level. Superb.

19. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

20. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

@Minolin
    Can you guys increase the fps in menus to 60 instead of 30? It makes the showroom odd....

tjr, eracerhead and ChivasRx like this.