1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC and AC considerations

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Mario Moretti, Oct 11, 2018.

1. For Lord Kunos: I have always considered you a programming genius. Your AC engine is the best currently running, efficient, lightweight, fantastic in VR with Vive Pro (90 fps max graphics, only no post processing).

That said and after trying ACC in VR I think that as much as you can optimize graphics and performance I do not think you can even approach, as regards the VR, the performance and quality of AC.
    Probably the guys from Epic would need your advice to optimize their engine at least from the aspect of the Visual Quality vs Performance ratio.
    Considerations of a layman who hopes, however, are blatantly wrong.

P.S. ACC in VR runs unacceptable with the best hardware you can buy today, especially after the AC experience.
    Long life to AC and thank Lord Kunos for creating it.

Good job

2. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Ehhh.. Remember what ALPHA means in early access? Yes? Feature implementation and testing. Not performance optimizing, not bug fixing. They are for BETA phase.

But yes. The performance now is quite poor with some players so your not alone. Need to wait quite a long before they start working on it though.

3. I Know that,
    but my fear is that even when the optimizations come, the unreal engine does not allow big gains in performance and visual quality.

Again, I repeat I hope I'm wrong.

4. Today i try again ACC in VR and my conclusion are:
    just me on the track, visual quality just acceptable and still much lower than that of AC with 15 opponents on the track, poor frame rate with blurriness in corners. I see no optimization capable of matching AC quality.
    Again i hope I'm wrong.

5. K_Soze

K_Soze Racer

I am afraid that currently the VR ACC runs the deferred rendering pipeline instead of the lighter specific VR forward renderer.

Deferred rendering doesn’t work/perform well with VR. But in order to support lot of light sources, Kunos may stick to the deferred renderer.

Unreal Engine is able to provide 90fps crisp graphics if you use the specific VR forward renderer (Robot Recall).

6. We just have to rely on Lord Kunos' programming skills and his determination to fully exploit the possibilities offered by the Unreal engine.

In Kunos we trust!