1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC and early access

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rehooja, Oct 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

*Takes out his Kunos Simulazioni white-knight cape and puts it on*

Plain and simple: Stop the fking whining and focus on giving constructive and supportive feedback.

Too many posts in every thread claiming that game is utter sh1t and Kunos ****d up and everything is so much better in earlier version blah blah blah. Can't you people comprehend that this is Early Access? You are supposed to TEST and TRY out the features that are JUST BEING IMPLEMENTED for the FIRST TIME.

There are 100% surely A LOT of bugs and **** brake and something don't work, game don't start, controls glitch, graphics look buggy and FPS lag. That's the inherent property of an ALPHA version of the game. Stuff get implemented NOT fixed. Fixing bugs are (mostly) BETA phase. Some critical issues get fixed in alpha. So, if someone posts a workaround then all means use that if it gets it working for you since it's going to be the best thing you will likely get for a while. AND IMPORTANTLY help other simmers with their questions. Kunos already pointed out they love us (their supportive community) so let's keep it that way!

Now. Not to put down anyone who has hard feelings involved but really: Try to contain that eager to type useless whining and namecalling over these forums. Focus on reporting what problems you run into and hope that the devs have time to fix it.

ALSO: Search the forums and read what others post and have written. There are many duplicate posts out there that could have been avoided if the posters would have just done some background research first. Most of the common issues (like no controls in VR) have likely been reported already. READ THE FORUMS.

TL.DR
    Stop whining. You are a TESTER. Keep the feedback constructive and supportive. This is alpha, NOT beta. Also read and search the forums.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018

2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

well written. 100% d'accord!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  3. esox71

esox71 Alien

Sticky!

4. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

+1.
    Was just trying to figure out what is it about the gaming community that brings out this type of response? It has been clarified on numerous occasions that this is EA, and not every feature will be complete or work 100% in each release.

It seems that Kuno's has adopted an Agile / Scrum approach, releasing a minimum viable product on a monthly basis, with the intention of getting new features into our hands as early as possible. Of course each feature will not be in it's final state, but it will get there.

I was just surprised to see some of the more senior / long time posters here also adopting the same attitude, when we should've known better from kunos's comms on the EA process.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

5. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

This surprised me too..

6. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

So much this. To put it in technical terms: The signal to noise ratio in the forums has become rather bad, which implies the danger of really constructive feedback being unheard due to the yelling crowd.

sissydriver and Alex2 like this.
  7. Alex2

Alex2 Gamer

Well a lot of us sim-freaks doesn‘t see or feel improvements or addition 0.1->0.2. It could be so easy to give the folk main improvements like graphic, performans or controller settings but when it comes to those terms nothing happened IMHO.

8. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

Kudos to the OP and well said.

People should have a sense of perspective. The full game will not be released for another six months at the minimum. A lot will happen in that time, content will be added and bugs will be ironed out.

It's a long process and the least we can do is respect Kunos and offer them constructive feedback so any problems can be addressed. AC had it's issues to begin with, but over time it developed into something special. Just be patient guys and let the developers work.

sissydriver and aotto1977 like this.
  9. Redoxs

Redoxs Rookie

I would like to add that criticism is a good thing if you keep it constructive (read. devs can draw conclusions from your opinion).
    Nevertheless, if u are crying about your disappointment without pointing specific thing that should be changed it is just useless, characterized by emotions hate.
    So keep in mind:
    * devs are actually ppl not robots working 24/7.
    * You are not alone playing this game (not everything will go in your favor).
    * Complaining without pointing reason or pointing unrealistic/illogical reason is rather harmful and demotivating.

sissydriver and aotto1977 like this.
  10. Genius69

Genius69 Gamer

They confused a game in early access with crowdfunding where people are aware
    that will have to return the feedback to contribute to the decisive collective development ...

Having 50 years, I was able to contribute to several early access and crowdfunding, and that comment was somehow a self-criticism for having re-entered .... I am confident in ACC, even if I did not like it as a beginning.

Having seen the Roadmap I was hoping for more defined and working VERSIONS not in PATCH where you have to hope that maybe they work and give feedback to fix them

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  11. Typer

Typer Simracer

Well Kunos posted the release notes for 0.2 when it was released, what more do you want?

Oh I see, you wanted the specific things you care about to be addressed. I’m sorry, but that’s pretty self-entitled.

aotto1977 likes this.
  12. Alex2

Alex2 Gamer

Oh I see, you wanted the specific things you care about to be addressed. I’m sorry, but that’s pretty self-entitled.[/QUOTE]

Why are you „sorry“? Were are you? Another fanboy or stuff member?
    Yes, my bucks and my life. I‘m fixed to my self and the easiest things for a positiv game experience wasn‘t fix. That‘s the sound of disapoint humans so I‘m bugged and out till next year. Cheers brother

13. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Alex2 the point is that you should report stuff that are missing and let the devs know how to possibly reproduce it. Not whine around calling them out for not doing something you wished they should have done.

14. Alex2

Alex2 Gamer

a none playable computergame is a bug. The reasons why I‘m/we‘re controller-guys not able to taste the game was mentioned a lot. Again: We need a proper setup menue for pads/ controller also with a real deadzone = 0 (zero)!

15. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Yes. You are right with this but please try to be more patient. That's all. If something don't get fixed right away then try pumping the bug report in the support section to get attention from the devs and wait for the next patch. Getting upset about these problems is not going to help.

Meanwhile you can try look for workarounds. Like some apps that might let you remap the controller, ect. Do some research if you can get it working somehow.

16. Kincade

Kincade Gamer

the forum is mostly like: mimimi, when the sun goes down, i can not see anything anymore. The sun has to be removed. She does not even warm my face. crap game.
    :D

Go play Forza. :rolleyes:

Incredible that kunos do not just stop the ea. with all that whining. o_O
    Then we can all race in the next year. :eek:

Thanks for the reminder, Rehooja.

mkotechno and sissydriver like this.
  17. Typer

Typer Simracer

Yeah sorry about that, I’m English, we habitually apologise even when the other guy is the one being the bell end. I think it’s genetic.

Oh, yeah graphics and performance, the easiest things to fix.

Hey Lord Kunos, could you just flip those “better graphics” and “faster performance” build switches, thanks.

SMH.

Jebus, bondyboy, jaxx_za and 3 others like this.
  18. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

See you then, no one is going to miss your toxicity.

jaxx_za likes this.
  19. Alex2

Alex2 Gamer

think big my brother! Graphics and performance are forbidden to improve cause we should buy new hardware ( especially Geforce cards); That‘s so lucent. But why do the KUNOS guys didn‘t include the controller simmers with a proper setup-menue? Greetings 2u my brexit racer.

20. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Are you fine now?