1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Build 4

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Echo_29, Dec 4, 2018.

1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

And looking foward to some graphics improvements. Preferably get rid of the gost effect during TV camera replays. But it could be that those are not top priority at the moment.
    A lit inquisitive about the spectator mode. I am imagining during live stream events the speaker saying "Now we will pass the transmission to the pit lane with Paul (Paul a guy with. VR gear that had join the server in spectator mode, waking to the pit wall to see the cars fly by). :)

2. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]
    download.png

I also cannot wait for the new 720s GT3 (Pictured above in bare carbon) and the new Aston :D

[​IMG]

But these cars are for next summer update so we are a long way away from that yet! :rolleyes:
    Excited to try the Ferrari at Hungaroring :D

Fernandito and Son like this.
  3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Not too hyped, as I'm not driving ACC, sadly. No reply on lock-to-horizon for VR users, niche as it is. I want the sim to succeed, I just don't find it joyful enough compared to ol' AC to put time into it.
    The day I can drive ACC in VR in same matter as AC, I'm all in.

Mike1304, Shooter80 and Minolin like this.
  4. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Car truly looks beautifully gorgeous, specially the back end. I will give you that. Still, I would have loved to see the Aston One instead.

On a side note, does anyone know why these "gt3 prototype" cars are on Michellin tyres instead of on the dreaded Pirelli?, heck!, imagine the actual improvement on the driving if the actual competition continued to use Michellin instead.

I mean, what's the point of testing these cars on Michellins, for then switching to Pirellis once they begin to compete in the championship?, tyres will always be the decisive factor when it comes to the behaviour of a car. I don't get it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Not all the gt3's champs in the world runs with Pirelli, or maybe the Blancpain's regulation doesn't allow to run "extra season tests" with officials Pirelli tires.

6. Echo_

Echo_ Gamer

That Aston is the GTE from WEC (which uses Michelin’s), not GT3, don’t think Pirelli supply tires to WEC, but it is the sole supplier of Blancpain so all teams must use Pirelli.

7. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

As I believed, that must be why GTE cars handle so much better than GT3 according to some real life pilots.

I don't understand why making the lives of the drivers so hard by using which is possibly worst tyres available, at least in what it comes to slicks. Also, and on a side note not so many people hold the pirelli street performance tyres in such high esteem too you know. It's just all about who's selling me the cheapest tyres to be used in a championship, and then pure marketing.

8. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

Laser scanned Hungaroring is what interests me the most in the next update as it's my 'home' track after all. Been there a couple of times, but not with full-on race cars.

mESCx and D.Jankovic like this.
  9. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

GTE and GT3 don't just distinguish in terms of tyres. The whole car is totaly different e.g. regarding downforce.

mESCx likes this.
  10. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

well..... that's not so much the case anymore. Yes there are still differences, but not as big as say 3-4 years ago.
    The aero is a bit different, but the overall downforce is now very close for both. GTE cars have a bit more options to aid efficiency and drag on circuits like lemans.
    GTE cars have better suspension geometry, more modifications are permitted and being more works cars also have more hi end damping solutions, bumpstops and such. We're talking small differences again, but professional drive them and they can understand and appreciate those differences, more than gentlemen drivers.

Tyres are a bigger factor indeed. GT3 siglemake/singlecompound strategy, is obviously low cost oriented. Although that is not to say that Pirelli is doing a worse job, it simply has different priorities. The GTE Michelin tyres, have different compounds and constructions even for different cars, more suited to their handling characteristics. Pirelli on the other hand, might be less performant, but they manage to create a single compound/construction, that "works" on all cars, all circuits, all weather. Pretty impressive too.

12. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Yes I believe Michelin works with the teams to create the best tyre for their car, whereas Blancpain is a one make tyre series for all cars, levels the playing field a bit, but it's up to the teams to make their car work with Pirelli.
    The new Aston Martin Vantage GT3 can be upgraded to compete in GTE classes and vice versa.

13. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Not sure if it'll be included in this build or not, but i'd like to see some graphical optimization and clarity improvements. The cars are great and the track will be fantastic, but the graphics and triple screen support are keeping me from playing much right now.

14. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

This week there was a small update of ACC, I guess it was 53Mo.
    I didn't find any info on that.
    Anyone knows what it was exactly ?

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Probablly just steam downloading some stuff.

mikendrix likes this.
  16. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

To 16th January when the Jaguar will finally arrive:D

Son likes this.
  17. It is crazy how similar the new Aston GT3 and GTE look, I can barely tell them apart in pics.
    The old one, well thats a different story altogether - The GTE car actually has a diffuser to start with :D

18. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

488 GT3 + Hungaroring, I can't wait. I can even less wait for the Fanatec wheel this Christmas, throw the X360 gamepad away and finally get serious into this thing! Bring it!

Ælleden, mESCx and andrea.chiovato like this.
  19. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Going from a gamepad to a Fanatec wheel you will be blown away :)

20. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

^Most definitely. Hope he succeeds in the long adaptation process of several months, where many times the idea of throwing the peripheral away and rolling back to the controller will cross his mind many many times.

The price of those wheels almost force you to suceed in it man, so there's no turning back for you at all when you finally get your hands on it : - D

Anyway, whether you're getting a fanatec you found cheaper for whatever reason or not, remember you have the t300 at a very good price tag now, even with the t3pa add-on.