1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic ACC Console Info

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by PHA7VTOM, Jun 16, 2020.

1. DNR_Gaming

DNR_Gaming Gamer

Sadly most reviewers/users will still judge the game by the graphics, specially on console, so I think that’s why they went the 30 fps route.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

2. I saw several reviews and some are gruesome. People who did not play, not close, a simulator. To the point of not being able to configure the steering wheel, use race line, more driving aids than necessary.

And what DNR says, disappointed with the graphics.

And then there is the X file that I didn't find a single one played with Xbox one.

By the way, one of them told me that it does not support a keyboard. A big disappointment to me, I have a keyboard based button box. Although I still have not given up on it, was one of those who could not configure the steering wheel.

Cheers

3. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

Mi concern is about the car lights in the dark. I suppose is due to the hardware limitations, but with the cockpit view, it’s very difficult to see:

[​IMG]

4. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

I think you'll need to switch to high beam to have more visibility.

5. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

That's the high beam...

6. ORO ERICIUS

ORO ERICIUS Gamer

So sad to see this. Wtf? I mean why?

7. vava74

vava74 Rookie

Some people got their physical copy last Friday, such as this YT channel

8. ORO ERICIUS

ORO ERICIUS Gamer

I know this. What do you mean?

I meant the headlights that are actually not available.

9. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

I’ve just installed ACC on my PS4 pro For some reason it sets the my T500 to shortest throw. Pressing right and mode to 3 flashes made the on screen hands match my movements.

I sorry to say but this game looks really bad, terrible framerate, I’m not sure I can play it like this? I’d much rather have less detail and effects to achieve a better FPS. I don’t think I’m going to play this much or ever as I don’t see this problem being resolved. Might be sending this one back.

I don’t expect to hear much from the Devs here, but I hope they know what an embarrassment this game is. I’m very disappointed considering how great original AC was, I don’t think they should have released it on this generation’s consoles.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  10. vava74

vava74 Rookie

Exactly. It is what it is.
    And GametekUK's video also mentioned a simply fact: this was a direct port from the PC version - with minimal adaptation - so they had to find a way for a 7 year old hardware to make it work.
    Kunos is a small outfit making incredibly detailed car racing simulations - AC1 on PS4 is still a great title - so there were no resources to try and squeeze more out of the current hardware as that would imply re-coding.
    People have the wrong notion of how small and how on the limit some of these software production houses live.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  11. ORO ERICIUS

ORO ERICIUS Gamer

It was clear ... but Project Cars, Forza Motorsport and F1 Series also manage 60FPS at 4K. At least on the Xbox One X. For me, Kunos is just too lazy and too easy to optimize on the game. Who the hell can play like that?

12. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Then why don't you go and make us a perfect game from scratch since you know everything so well?

Its been well documented that the physics engine eats up most of the processing power of these current gen consoles.

13. ajwraceready

ajwraceready Rookie

I have put a few hours into it already on base PS4 with a g29 wheel. Definitely not as smooth as AC but perfectly playable in my opinion. Was a bit surprised at not being able to set up fov or seat position, unless I am missing something. I have run a couple of the races in the career and couldn't drag myself away as it is plenty immersive and feels awesome to drive

SlowGrayAudi and ORO ERICIUS like this.
  14. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

On the PC version you need to press pause when in the car, then select "view" and the FOV and seat position options are in there, assume it will be the same on PS4. (I think) the seat position will save just for the car but the FOV will be applied across all cars

15. vava74

vava74 Rookie

No, the 30fps is due to the game being a direct port from the PC, without no console re-coding to optimise.
    The only thing that they could do was to reduce the visible polygons, which I am pretty sure is just a simple in-code adjustment.

16. vava74

vava74 Rookie

Who are you to call lazy? Kunos is a relatively small outfit and optimising the code for two consoles which are being replaced would imply consuming resources that they do not have - potentially even having to hire outside people.
    They did what was manageable.
    You buy it if you want. No one is pointing a gun at you.
    Watch the GametekUK video on YT from last Friday and you will better understand what you get.
    Lazy can also be used to characterise your criticism.
    I am not saying that I will like the game - haven't tried yet, my copy should arrive tomorrow, hopefully - but I will not pass judgement without appropriate data and without considering factors which are far more complex to achieve than what my wishes would like them to be.

fsuarez79 and Lewisxbone like this.
  17. Nobody forced Kunos to make it on console if they can't make a clean launch. Xbox User a forced to preorder the game otherwise they didn't get the Dlc and have to wait maybe months. That's extremely unfair. Playstation can wait 2 weeks and even then they get the Dlc free.
    The trailers on Xbox for preorder are not from Xbox you can see that. People are excited because they trust them.
    If it's not possible for a developer to show the own game (Xbox) then it's more than natural that are people not happy. Because the AC launch on console was the same. No Xbox footage and the game stutters months after release.
    Then people give them again trust. Preordering means I give people trust that they do what they say in promo and trailers. Otherwise they have to wait to release the game if it's not staible

ORO ERICIUS and Vítor Sousa like this.
  18. ajwraceready

ajwraceready Rookie

Yeah thought that was the case but that option does not appear when I pause the game

19. vava74

vava74 Rookie

You have a point on the pre-order for X-Box users, no doubt, but it is what it is.
    It's an actual feat to get 7 year old architectures to run it without any physics compromise, even if only at 30fps (which by being LOCKED - ie. stable - is not the end of the world)

SlowGrayAudi likes this.
  20. I play at the moment project cars 2 and it run smoothly with 60 fps dynamik 4k. MotoGP 20 runs with 60 fps 1080p. F1 2019 4k 60 fps. Forza Horizon 4 1080p 60fps, Gears of war 5 native 4k 60fps, Grid 4k 60fps, Many more games run with 60 fps on 1080p.
    The Xbox one X is not a 7 year old hardware.
    Some people on PC think whe still playing 480p 30fps on console I can understand that some people think there are gods because they give them such a great game on a 1000 euro PC.
    But I would pay 60 euro instead of 35 and get then a optimized product on one X. And not a PS4 Port.

ORO ERICIUS likes this.