1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic ACC Console Info

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by PHA7VTOM, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Mark Ryan

Mark Ryan Gamer

You need to go do a little research, watch the stream from Aris. They tried and it was not possible with the level of simulation / Physics in the game.... Its not going to be 60fps, so stop *****ing about it and enjoy it fir what it is, the best simulation by far on console to date. If you cant cope with the 30fps, then move onto the games you like to play and dont be getti g so upset...

2. vava74

vava74 Rookie

I have not played ACC yet, so I can only comment from a theoretical point of view, but anyone making reference to PC2 (which should be called "slippery slide with no force, no feedback"), Forza (!!!!), etc... are clearly not ACC target clients, so their opinion is not material (sorry guys, but this is the harsh reality).
    ACC is a serious sim. If it works on the PS4 and XBox, is to be seen. But you can't make comparisons with either pure entertainment games (Forza) nor with severely flawed sim-like games (PC2).

sirio994 likes this.
  3. sirio994

sirio994 Gamer

I couldn't agree more. It's plenty of console users who are complaining about the game acting like we have other options on consoles when we actually don't.

Other games run at 60fps?

GT Sport - Bad physics, bad ffb, car collecting based roster, decent at best and in some case fictional tracks, no dynamic weather or night/day cicle, basic AI and modes (no qualifying).

PC2 - Strange FFB, very bad specific physics (kerbs and sliding), 32 cars on track but controlled by one of the worst AI and simulated AI (a thing that people tend to forget). On PS4 the game is stuttering even on the pro with framerate priority. It has dynamic weather and night/day cicle but it has its flaws due to a more than questionable tyre model.

F1 and Dirt Rally 2.0 aren't direct competitors to ACC so no need to go in depth.

I've never played Forza since I'm on PS. At the moment on consoles ACC only has to be better than PC2 (and AC) essentially.

One is its previous iteration and the other...i think providing a more realistic and better overall experience than PC2 is more than achievable...

Tonydoc10 likes this.
  4. There is finally One X footage online. And if the game runs in native 4k with that quality. I'm fine with it.
    Not understandable is why Kunos did not shown that by themselves or over 505.

5. ORO ERICIUS

ORO ERICIUS Gamer

That's the way it is. There are people who bought a racing rig for this game and will be disappointed in the end. I mean something like that costs a lot of money and the anticipation is gone.

6. Monoke

Monoke Gamer

If people have spent a lot of money on a racing rig then they should consider saving up for a mid-range gaming PC so they can put it to proper use. I spent almost €1k on my Fanatec set-up with the ultimate goal of playing on PC. Console is a stepping stone. I love my PS4 and Xbox One and I will own consoles until the day I die. But sim racing is primarily a PC scene. Right now we can get a taste of that world with ACC but if people are serious about getting into racing as a hobby then they need to transition to PC.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  7. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

To the Devs, although I’m sure your not actually reading this:

I would gladly play this game in 720p, with fewer polygons, and lower particle effects etc to play this game at a better framerate, as for being locked at 30? It rather seems like it’s capped at 30 because at times it struggles to even reach that.

Thank you for adding to my shiny beer mat collection.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    RhythmMachine likes this.
  8. Odbball

Odbball Racer

How do Kunos know how big my tv is and how far I sit from that screen?

they must know...as there is no way for me to adjust the FOV?

doh, “game” (not sim!) back in its box until I can choose how big my tv is and how far I sit from it.

Pip_-72- and RhythmMachine like this.
  9. vava74

vava74 Rookie

First impressions: I can live, for the moment, with the choppiness (I am on a PS4 PRO).
    ie. The PC is coming one of these days...
    Only practiced - so no other cars - and I can live with the frame rate.
    Was horribly disappointed with the force feedback at the start but I cranked it up by 50% to 75% on gain and on road effects and now it’s much better and much closer to AC1 (it felt like PC2!!! so I was about to puke!!)
    Will end up cranking them up to 100%...
    Also put the minimum force to the max at 15%, but I have been told that this was a mistake, so I will revert and check again.
    By the way, I did have problems getting the wheel to work (T300), but it was a matter of restarting the PS4 and making sure that the wheel is controller #1 1.53.7 after 18 laps is not too bad with the default TC (specially since I only had about 8 laps with the FFB cranked up and I had to make sure to get 4 clean laps in a row to get the 3 star rating for Monza - so I drove like an old lady at 1.58).
    And I am definitively hooked.
    But replays are indeed choppy with the standard tv cam.
    When I fiddled with all 3 settings above, the FFB became close to what I feel on AC1, which, for me, is really good.
    For instance, at start, I was not feeling any tire grip/slide (understeer) on the parabolica in Monza (only track I tried so far) and it was driving me crazy.
    Now I am very happy, but will have to see how it behaves with other cars on track in order to confirm my opinion.

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  10. vava74

vava74 Rookie

PS5 will run ACC without flinching...

11. [QUOTE = "Odbball, post: 1144939, membro: 141742"] Como os Kunos sabem o tamanho da minha TV e a que distância estou da tela?

eles devem saber ... como não há como eu ajustar o FOV?

doh, “game” (não sim!) de volta em sua caixa, até que eu possa escolher o tamanho da minha TV e a que distância estou dela. [/ CITAÇÕES]
    Inacreditável não ter o ajuste do FOV,será que nas próximas atualizações coloquem a regulagem do FOV?

12. Monoke

Monoke Gamer

Playing on Xbox One X. I finally got my Fanatec set up working by plugging out and plugging back in the USB while the game was running.

For me the game is almost unplayable at a choppy 30fps. It's simply not fast enough for a racing sim. It can't even maintain a solid 30 during practice mode.

The force feedback is weak and inaccurate. I cranked the gain up to 100 and also my wheel's independent FF to 100 and it's weaker than Assetto Corsa at 50/50. I can't feel the car beginning to slip. I also deliberating crashed into walls and the wheel is giving me very little response.

This game should not have been released in its current state. If 30fps is all they can manage then that's fine but it can't even hit that. And what use is this physics engine when the force feedback isn't finished?

So far it's a waste of money. Hopefully they can patch these problems.

13. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

I’d love to tell you about the online but unfortunately for me it crashes every time I look at the server list and the quick race option does nothing. This is a terrible game so far.

14. Can you all stop whining about the frame rate. IT WILL NOT CHANGE.

I just drove a stuttering, sorry I meant stunning lap around spa. I literally saw my life flash before my eyes but it turned out to be the frame rate. Anyway blasted down towards eau rouge- kept it tight and touched the inner kerb in the lefthander. Next thing I remember I had already passed eau rouge And Radillion and were blasting down kemmel straight... but it also turned out to be the frame rate

15. Monoke

Monoke Gamer

I'm not sure if that was directed at me but I'm not whining. I have said elsewhere on this forum that 30fps was understandable and good enough for me considering what we're getting with this game. But it isn't achieving 30. I think it can and will on PS4 Pro and in particular on Xbox One X. It needs further optimisation.

I take your point that people need to accept the compromises, which I have done, but as supporters of Kunos and as paying customers we also need to voice our reasonable concerns. This game, like most games, has day 1 problems and I am pointing them out here for the benefit of others who may not have yet spent money on this game. I think that's fair.

16. Absolutely I totally agree. I’m so frustrated so I turn to irony so I won’t write something I’ll regret. My opinion From playing this premiere day is that they should have skipped this one on current gen consoles. Hell I would have settled if they would have slapped new livery’s on the old AC and somehow thrown in night races

pippo10, Jon Legg and Monoke like this.
  17. Monoke

Monoke Gamer

My mistake. I'm so blinded by my own frustration that I missed the irony.

Yes, they probably should have skipped this one on console. I've always felt Kunos are pushing these onto consoles at 505's demand. It's not a solid foundation.

The big 'selling point' of this release was that it's the exact same physics engine as on PC. That sounds great in theory, but would a reduced physics engine and a better frame rate be a more suitable solution for console? Even if it could only ever be 30fps. Make it a rock solid 30 and nail the frame pacing even if that means we get 80% of the physics. 80% of the PC ACC would still be the best on console.

This is just me thinking out loud and I clearly know nothing about game development. I just find the whole thing very odd. It's clearly a money driven decision but why release a fundamentally flawed game that could potentially damage your brand? The Playstation and Xbox user bases are massive and sim racing is getting bigger and bigger. There's an opportunity here for someone to come in and shake things up

Gran Turismo and Forza fans get a lot of criticism but if ACC hit the next gen at 60fps with that physics engine and those sounds, serious console racing fans would be forced to listen.

I feel that Kunos and 505 are leaving money on the table with this hurried, unnecessary release.

Landslide Lulea likes this.
  18. Monoke

Monoke Gamer

I just tried a few laps of Paul Ricard using the controller and bonnet view. Sitting further away from the TV helped lesson the eye strain and Kunos have improved their controller handling. The default settings on AC were dreadful but here they're much improved. They'll be even better with a bit of tinkering.

This is good news. I have to pull out and set up my wheel stand each time I play and sometimes it feels like too much effort. Hotlapping with a controller when I'm having a 'lazy day' was fun in AC and it feels like it's even better here.

pippo10 likes this.
  19. Yeah you’re right.The problem is that og. AC left a benchmark regarding physics and FFB on console. In my opinion nothing even comes close. I’ve been through Pcars1, pcars2 F1 franchise and always comes back to AC and what strikes me is that every time I’ve been playing another game for a while my first reflection in AC is “ oh yes this is how it’s suppose to be” everything from sound, FFB, sense of speed- everything is “right”

ACC I don’t get that frame rate aside- sure the sound is amazing but there is something with the overall combined input with what you see, what you hear and what you feel that seems off. Or maybe we’re just so used to what we know from the last game that we thought it would be exactly the same but even better in ACC.

20. Biganda

Biganda Rookie

I couldn't agree more with your comments. I'm sitting here tonight astounded this is actually supposed to be a finished game...? I have to play jiggery pokery every time I want to get the wheel to even be seen by the game, and when it does work there is absolutely no force feedback, which makes it impossible to drive. Logitech G290, no FF at all.

The frame rate is unbelievable, it's not 30 fps, it's 15 imo. There is no way to get any sensation of speed or build any momentum when you feel like you're playing "Formula One Grand Prix" on an Atari ST in 1991! In fact that probably had a better frame rate..

The game is totally broken and not fit for purpose. I'll give it a few days to be patched but if not I'll be getting my refund before it's too late.