1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC content

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by TheBoss, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Tim Meuris and Whitestar like this.
  2. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

How to be relaxed? When I play any game, I'm very very excited, every detail, sound, looks amazes me, so I'm always super delirious when I play any game (yes, every game has this effect for me). I'm only relaxed when I read a book or study something.

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

There is some truth to that but it's not the complete picture.

Some aspects of the setup don't really gain or lose performance but just change the behavior of the car.
    Examples are the ARB (which can affect the overall performance but mostly just change how the car behaves).
    This can be important for the individual driver, because only if you have confidence in the behavior of the car you can really push it.
    That's what I meant with the setup "suiting" your driving style.
    If it doesn't, then you might lose time just by not finding the confidence to push.

However, there are quite clearly some aspects of the setup that will definitely have an impact on the performance.
    This is the case especially for the aero settings (splitter, wing, ride height).
    This is certainly true for most people.
    While the setup can make a difference (see above), in most cases getting more familiar and confident with that certain car (on that certain track) is what allows you to improve.
    Trying to adapt the setup only makes sense once you're getting pretty much constant lap times (within a few tenths) over 10-20 laps.
    Same over here.
    I have a limited amount of time available for driving, so I'm sure as hell not wasting it tinkering with setups, even though I find the topic in general very interesting (especially using MoTeC).
    Thankfully with ACC Kunos provide good default setups which I'm totally fine with (at least for my favorite car, the 911).
    If this means that I'm losing 1-3s to the champions then I'm ok with that.

Turk and Freddie Seng like this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

Ya, it's a bit of a dark art from what I can tell which is what makes me apprehensive about putting too much time into it.. Most guides can explain what everything does (I got that bit) but I've yet to see a good system for applying setup changes in a predictable manor. Most guides say change, test, change, test but I'm sure real world teams that do setups have a system and a processes that would eliminate a lot of that trial and error.

If a sim could allow someone to act as your pit crew while your on track and do your setup work for you I think there would be a side career for people that know how to do a setup properly. Pay someone an hourly rate and at the end of your session you've got a tailored setup.

Tim Meuris and Perell0ne like this.
  5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

The setup changes in ACC, as little as they may be, produce very noticeable handling changes.

Like many I don’t have as much time as I like to fiddle around with the setup, and usually use the default ones, but for those tracks/cars that I suited the setup to my liking the changes were very effective.
    In some cases it was all matter of adjusting the dampers, braking balance and ride height.
    It’s amazing how differently the car reacts with only some subtle changes.

For instance, in one case all it took to gain nearly half a second consistently and to make the car easier to my driving, was to stiffen the front rebound, allowing to have a considerable improvement in a couple of corners, by giving me the possibility to accelerate earlier while the car kept its trajectory, when before I had to wait a little for the car to fully accommodate to the corner before accelerating.

This effectiveness of the setup changes can be really addictive while searching to find the limit of the car for own driving preference and making use of Motec to do it is an added bonus.

I really miss my early simracing days when I had time to dive into it.
    Now, whenever possible, is almost always load the default setup and drive.

Thankfully the driving is so rewarding that, even if the setup is not entirely according to my preferences, the races are by themselves a real joy, regardless of the setup used.

EsxPaul likes this.
  6. Borbor

Borbor Racer

but it's not a dark art; it's science. Everything makes sense if you go to first principles. If you know the car inside out from a construction standpoint, you aren't going to be far off the mark even on an unknown tire.

When we go test at a track, we've already done a LOT of work prior to the car hitting the track because running the car at the track is WAY more expensive than prep time.

The problem sim racers have is a) they don't know the car, b) there are assumptions made in the model, c) the knowledge is insufficient.

Alexandre Baptista likes this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

9. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

To me even more than 1 second easily.

10. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

#00 Goodsmile & Type-Moon Racing (Fate)
    #4 Team Black Falcon (Promare)
    #6 Team Black Falcon (Hatsune Miku)
    #14 Bohemia Energy racing with Scuderia Praha
    #16 Modena Motorsports
    #21 OpenRoad Racing
    #27 Daiko Lazarus Racing
    #37 3Y Technology
    #53 1969 Tribute
    #91 Herberth Motorsport
    #227 HubAuto Corsa

That's all of the missing liveries I could find as of the latest update.

https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/entry-list?filter_season_id=9&filter_meeting_id=113

gunner1483, Epistolarius and Coanda like this.
  11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Still worth to keep track of what's missing.

Raklödder and Coanda like this.
  13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Well i guess devs will know also whats missing :D But i get what you mean

Thomas Gocke likes this.
  14. Belgakinen

Belgakinen Simracer

Here is some from 2019 (and one missing from 2018) :

Spa 24h 2019

#0 Goodsmile Racing - Mercedes AMG GT3
    #4 Black Falcon - Mercedes AMG GT3
    #6 Black Falcon - Mercedes AMG GT3
    #10 Belgian Audi Club Team WRT - Audi R8 GT3
    #14 Bohemia Energy - Ferrari 488 GT3
    #16 Modena Motorsports - Porsche 911 GT3 R
    #17 Team WRT BEL - Audi R8 GT3
    #21 OpenRoad Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R
    #37 3Y Technology - BMW M6 GT3
    #91 Herberth Motorsport - Porsche 911 GT3 R
    #227 HubAuto Corsa - Ferrari 488 GT3

Nürburgring + Hungaroring + Barcelona 2019

#1 Belgian Audi Club Team WRT - Audi R8 GT3
    #2 Belgian Audi Club Team WRT - Audi R8 GT3
    #10 Belgian Audi Club Team WRT - Audi R8 GT3
    #17 Belgian Audi Club Team WRT - Audi R8 GT3

Silverstone 2018

#77 Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan gt3

PS: I included all the WRT liveries just after the Spa 24, those were used in the last 3 rounds :

Before :
    [​IMG]
    After :
    [​IMG]

Will check if I find more during next week.

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Curious. Why are there no Corvettes, Cadillacs or Dodges in the SRO WC America?

16. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Caddy doesn't have a gt3 car. Vipers still have one under homologation? Vette gt3 the entire planet only one team runs em. So you might have to look into the commercial aspect of that deal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Coanda likes this.
  17. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

20. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

It seems to me or does AMR v8 Garage 59 have an incorrect color scheme?

The shades of blue should be darker. I was watching in RGB mode.