1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC content

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by TheBoss, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

This sounds like a bomb to me, honestly.
    I've always thinked that after all this huge work over UE4, Kunos will continue to work with it also in future projects. But listening Marco's inverview, it seems like the opposite. Maybe another 3rd party engine, maybe a new own engine (i really hope so), but this is what i've understand between the lines.

Imho the most interesting part of the interview, tbh.

warth0g, jt7166 and dek like this.
  2. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Very honest inteview, loved it. Can't wait for the future

Traind and Coanda like this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

well done kunos for giving us all quality free content once again. You guys.. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It's hard to know for sure.. I think it was a nice and honest conversation. My take is, epic get your sh!t together or AC? is going elsewhere.. I'm just glad their not all cashing in and heading for retirement anytime soon. :cool:

Traind likes this.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Honest, but not a great answer quite frankly and I don't actually use VR or triple screens. Harshness of the criticism affecting the motivation of the devs that are actually working on the issues is one thing, I'll always advocate for showing restraint and being constructive with criticism and I hate seeing people attack the devs instead of trying to help making the sim better. But people complaining absolutely do have a point. That only "one in nine" of your customers are complaining about something doesn't change anything, they're still your customers that you sold a product to with the understanding that it offers certain features and meets a certain quality standard. Expectations of these people are typically formed by what was advertised and said by the devs (let's call it "hype") as well as by experiences with previous products from Kunos and competitors. If your newest product doesn't match expectations or the experience people get with other racing simulations then you simply have to face the fact that people will criticise your product for it. That's the nature of it, there's nothing unfair about it. You don't have to take unfair criticism to the face and only serve faceless PR back but practically brushing the feedback of a subset of your customer base off as unimportant and crybabies isn't the way to go either. And just because I'm overall liking the sim and not "complaining" doesn't mean I don't think the sim could be much better.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Well i remember reading how acc is a good small project to get in the new software and learn it.. sadly unreal gave them so manny troubles like engine is only made for damn fortnite :mad: but lets see what the future brings.. hype is on for the new content and also next year would love to see what kind of stuff we will get ..

Also i am having lots of fun in the game..proper races propee adrenaline feeling when i race in it..and i am still to master all the cars on all the tracks :)

robbio71 and sps_for_race like this.
  7. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

First world problems, I still have to master a single car on a single track. :D

8. Goes To 11

Goes To 11 Gamer

Unity has come a long way since last they tried it. The graphics are much improved. It supports multi-camera rendering. For VR it will automatically switch SDKs between Oculus and SteamVR (Codemasters are you listening?). VR performance works great for my project although it isn't nearly as complicated as ACC.

9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

"...with some luck end of october…" @ 11:32min

carlossanchez97 and Dookie like this.
  10. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

“...And some ideas for next year content” Of course he’s not mentioning 2020 series but something else. Let’s see.

11. Well some SRO series, Blanc Asia, Blanc America, IntGTC, British GT... don't expect any series out of SRO

JanR and Son like this.
  12. dek

dek Racer

I try to not expect but take wats given.

13. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

Sure. I don’t.

14. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

15. Turk

Turk Alien

The feeling I got from that interview is that ACC will be it's own self contained thing and there's a new product on the horizon. But it's just a feeling.

I'd really like to see ACC get the new hypercar class. That would round off the title nicely.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  16. Yeah, i'm sure. We won't have weathertech (imsa), WEC or any category out of SRO

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  17. jt7166

jt7166 Rookie

Couple things, I'm starting to wonder if the inter-continental GT challenge might be coming in the future, rather than and America's or Asian series. This would give you tracks like Suzuka, Bathurst, Laguna Seca (or Indianapolis in 2020) etc. I feel like that would be the most well received DLC. GT2 cars would be cool too, id rather have new tracks than new cars tbh.

One other thing, I feel like that interview was not a good look for Marco/Kunos. I've seen the criticism directed at them for ACC, some is just vile and unacceptable...but a lot of it is fair as well. I appreciate he was giving honest answers to the questions.... but this is just not a good look to me.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  18. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Not sure what parts your referring to for the criticism. If I have any criticism it is that the team came into this project a bit overconfident and at times on the forum it felt like we were being talked down to with respect to tire model/physics/ffb. I was pretty happy to see the five point tire model go into place, even after we were told that the cars were behaving properly by a couple of devs and that the curb behavior was normal.

The only part of the interview that upset me was how he addressed triple screens by saying it works today and they had put in place the center screen stretch to make it more usable. Neither of those are even close to acceptable to me, so I was disappointed in the way that was said. Otherwise...I still have faith they'll get this right eventually, it's just going to take a lot more time now.

19. that means that at the moment you were complaining about kerbs they were not sure to make it.
    But then they must have come to a solution ;)

20. I agree about the first part. I am already imagining suzuka or burtust or indi on acc.
    About the last part. He probably refers to the triple screen and vr critics.
    I remember a lot of people saying "no vr no buy" or "no triple screen no buy".
    That's not even being critic.
    Anyway they must have suffered not being able to fix what was at the top in the original ac. At the same time, modders put night and rain in ac.
    If you mix all this things...Honestly I would have get mad. mad at ue4, mad at the *****les.

@Lord Kunos but you are even greater now!!!!!