1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC - Driver Swaps?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by scott.stephens, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I'm sorry, but that's out of the question. I want to race on my own terms and don't have time for drama or suck up to league admins. I've seen it at first hand and much rather take a chance and race publicly.

That's why I suggested you leave both options in to select another player or AI to take control over your vehicle (in the case you can't find a replacement/co-driver it will automatically step in) if you're paranoid.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

What kind of drama can you really have in a league? All that really counts is the lap times

3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

So you don't want a random driver ruining your endurance race, but you also don't want to join a league?
    Also, AI swaps in single player... ok. But do you really expect to be able to swap with AI playing online?

Good luck trying to be taken seriously, I guess.

4. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I'm sorry, but I doubt you will find proper endurance races online unless you join a league or some kind of organized race.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

5. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Comments like these is why we can't have nice things.

6. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

You can't even have a 30 minute online race where everybody doesn't die unless you join a league. Now you expect to join a random server and have an endurance race with driver swaps?

I was just telling how I see it: I find it difficult for people here to take this idea seriously. And I'm sorry if my comment keeps anyone from having nice things, that wasn't my intention.

mESCx, Neilski and LeSunTzu like this.
  7. We have almost 100 guys signed up if your keen to join?

8. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

@Raklödder - The point in having a driver swap is to enable team work. The fun is to prepare together, find a setup that suits all drivers in the team, have a strategy, adapt it together during the race. If you just race and give the car to someone you don't know or to AI, there is no real difference with a single driver event.

Endurance online racing are best organized by leagues, with a solid server and some rules. In rF2 you can often find endurance open races, where you don't need to join the league but register in advance and make a minimum number of laps to qualify for the event. There is no reason it will be different with AC.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    Raklödder and Neilski like this.
  9. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

You make a fair point and perhaps it would be wise for endurance races, but aren't there going to be "quick" races like in most racing games (already know "sprint races" will be included).

Also can't imagine the general public wanting to do a +1h race just like that or longer like myself and others (back in PC/2 people host ~5 lap races in general) or will the game include such a feature?

I know they want to make it as real as possible (all in favor of that) but being a game and all, it would be kind of neat to just get a few laps with your friends and hang out.

10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

You can have races with as many laps as you'd like. All we're saying is that to get a proper endurance race, especially if you want driver swaps, you're better off joining a league.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont see much point in general pickup server racing to have driver swaps.

However something that could be interesting is if you could for example host a server for a long enduro. Open to whatever rating and driver standard limits you want, let people join mid race and wait for the next car to pit for a swap then take over that car. You could set a server up with a list of eligible drivers per car or just have it open to all.

The ratings could be linked and you could set pro cars, am cars and pro am cars so driver swaps would need to be within the cars class rating. Really dont know if that would work for a pickup server but could be interesting to host 2 to 24hr races.

It could make for something different in mp racing and possibly get more people into enduro racing. The guys that want to run longer stints could and if popular enough could keep a server busy with drivers and spectators waiting to join into the race.

12. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

There is a 1% chance this could work without people just ruining each other's race, but even if it does, I still agree with @LeSunTzu . The point of an endurance race is that you practice together, make your setup together, plan your strategy together and race together. Swapping your car with someone you don't know, who doesn't know the setup and possibly didn't even practice for the race is just as fun as racing on your own, perhaps not even as much.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I also dont know how that would work in reality but its the only way I see it of any use in pickup servers. It would also greatly depend on how well ratings work and are used by the general users.

For me however if such an option was available and I had an hour or 2 to kill. I would gladly join into a busy enduro server rather then spend 2 hours running 5 lap races and more then half the time spent qualifying. Add to it realistic random weather or current real weather and you could get more from the game then the most likely typical pickup server racing.

League racing will still most likely be the best option for proper enduro racing, but trying some different things to give more options for casual mp wouldnt be a bad thing IMHO. How to implement different things and get people to use them enough to be worth implementing is the trickiest bit.

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Would be cool if the class you can join (pro, pro am, etc...) is based on your driving history/skill level.

Salad Fingers, GRFOCO and martcerv like this.
  15. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

This could be a really game changer for the "free" online races.

@Minolin :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Salad Fingers likes this.