1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

ACC Driving Academy

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SlawomirJ, Aug 20, 2019.

1. SlawomirJ

SlawomirJ Rookie

Hello, fellow simracers,

I've been dreaming of launching a Driving Academy for simracers for years, but because of different issues in life, I haven't been able to do so up to this point. However, the times have changed, and at the age of 30, I would like to try. I participated in thousands of races and sessions throughout the years in different sims, and what I noticed is that there's a group of people who want to drive fast and clean, but lack knowledge related to driving craft, defending, racing line, setups, and telemetry. And the academy would be for them. I have the idea about it and what hardware I'd need, but I'm not IT savvy. What I'm good at is teaching. I've been a teacher in real life for almost a decade, and I love being part of somebody's journey. Simracing's been my passion for more than 15 years and maybe some of you still remember me from the old days of Rfactor, Iracing, and other simulators. If anyone of you likes the idea, feel free to contact me. I'm a go-getter and would like to contribute to the international simracing community in the best way possible. I'd able to conduct academy events in Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish for non-English speaking simracers.

Thank you in advance and wish you clean racing in ACC. See you on the track.

vortex19, Zanza21, Son and 12 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech Driving Force GT not recognized since ACC build 4 Dec 19, 2018
    ACC General Discussions ACC: Marco Massarutto interview by DrivingItalia [ITA] Mar 13, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Inaccurate driving line Apr 7, 2015
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Lobby is down Yesterday at 11:50 AM
    ACC General Discussions HomeFriends' ACC's test killing stats Saturday at 1:33 PM
    ACC General Discussions Video interview with Aris about ACC physics Thursday at 10:34 PM
    ACC General Discussions Happy birthday ACC Thursday at 9:37 AM
    ACC General Discussions ACC driver statistics Wednesday at 4:52 PM
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC GT3 Championship ... and much more Wednesday at 4:11 PM
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room E-RacingSeries.com - ACC Championships Sep 10, 2019
    ACC User Interface access other track setups Sep 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions vettel and kimi proved acc physics lol Sep 8, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Not Saving Race Replay Sep 7, 2019
    ACC Physics ACC-bug ABS e clutch mclarem Sep 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions ACC Custom Cars Handbook / - Handbuch Sep 5, 2019

3. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

4. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Racer

Sounds good, I have no idea how such an academy works?

5. SlawomirJ

SlawomirJ Rookie

I've done something like that in the past with Rfactor 2 in 1:1 live session. The problem atm is there are no apps yet for live data analysis of other cars while on the server. However, at the beginning, more focus would be given to more basic aspects like racing line, corner priority, stable lap times etc.

[ATF]Shanti likes this.
  6. SlawomirJ

SlawomirJ Rookie

Ok, since there's no software needed for some more sophisticated analysis, I'll do with what's available, that is my knowledge and experience as well as my real-life teaching experience. If anybody of you is interested in improving his or her racing craft to be faster but, more importantly, to be able to enjoy the game more, feel free to contact me for more details and conditions. I can help you with Barcelona, Monza, and Spa. The car I use is Bentley. A lot of knowledge applies to other cars as well.

7. SlawomirJ

SlawomirJ Rookie

Here's an example of what you can expect from the academy if you do your homework. I'm in the Bentley.
    Enjoy :)

8. Christy

Christy Rookie

Salut ,
    Really very good Idea. :)

Personally I started at a late age racing, by registering on Iracing, and after 8 months I gave up, for lack of advised advice, I was discouraged.

Then a week ago, I installed ACC, and I found the racing system intelligently programmed. As well as obtaining the 3 medals after having succeeded: TR, CN, CC etc ...

But what's missing .. these are help info for beginners.

I started hosting on the German circuit Nurburgring with the GT3 mercedes and really it seems to me super difficult ....

I would like to know for a beginner (considering that for 1 year I gave up) what track on the 10 in ACC choose in order of difficulty. and what car I have to select there too in order of difficulty (for the 14 cars)
    Million times 'Thank you' for your help.

9. Christy

Christy Rookie

About your academy project, I have all the necessary skills to create websites, to install a forum to manage this one etc. but on the other hand I live in France, and do not really speak any English, I read it very well and where I help google translation.
    If you think we can work together on your project, can we study this?

10. SlawomirJ

SlawomirJ Rookie

When it comes to the right car for you, it's always a personal feeling. I'm sure there're some videos about all the cars in ACC. The same with the tracks. I personally like Barcelona, Monza, and Spa.

11. Slawomir - great idea and good for you to offer this! Maybe you already thought of this... start a discord channel and use Voice Chat during your lead-follow sessions so you can identify braking, turn-in, coasting and acceleration points plus general track positioning. Good luck and I hope many people take you up on your offer/idea.

12. SlawomirJ

SlawomirJ Rookie

Of course, it's live sessions with some telemetry analysis and things like that. More importantly, though, it's about teaching sim racers right habits on track + how they can improve racing skills through self-analysis.

13. Crt_Jokinnen

Crt_Jokinnen Gamer

It is a good idea, very good.
    But I have my own community and academy at http://www.cracs.net
    With more than 33 years of experience in real and virtual competition.
    Real in Karting, Clio Cup, TCR, Formula4, F3, European GT4, LMP3 and Blancpain plus Endurance races in 24H of Barcelona and 24H of Nurburgring.
    Currently besides continuing to drive internationally, I serve as a driver coach.
    In cracs.net, in addition to learning and receiving piloting, setup and telemetry courses, you can enjoy realist championships by mixing real and virtual drivers.

It's a great idea to help competition lovers get to know this world in the first person by improving their driving and experience