1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Formation Lap Message and more

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Flybikes, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Flybikes

Flybikes Rookie

You see... the messages in this thread show exactly the problem with Assetto Corsa. That`s why it will have a difficult time to be a proper/respected sim like Rfactor 2 or Iracing in the Sim Racing Community.
    When you see a problem with the game, you should talk. The developers don`t need random guys to hide real problems. Sorry but it`s true.

Now, Turk do you want me to talk about focal lengths? Ok... let`s start.. do you know what is a "prime lens"? do you know what is a 70-200? and a lens with F1.8? do you know what is a ND/8 filter? Do you know you can invert a prime lens with a adapter to make 1:1 macros?
    Seriously... I will not tell you what I do for living. Just don`t talk to me about focal lengths.

Now and because this is not the circus, back to the game: Even if the proportions of the car and the tracks are right, the way their fit together are wrong.

There are a lot of comments about that, on youtube, international sim racing, race department and Reddit for example.

But the thing is, I`m not writing this because of the comments. I know the track in real life. You can ignore this problem among others and have a average GAME or you can do something about it and have a proper sim. If you guys like the big message in the beginning of each race too..... that`s fine for me. There are other simulators, if you know what I mean. BUT as a sim racer I would like to see this problems solved. If you want, I can upload dozen of screen captures, from the people talking about this problem, but I don`t think it`s productive or necessary.

[​IMG]

2. Rudski

Rudski Alien

3. Typer

Typer Simracer

Yeah let’s try and keep it cordial everyone.

Without quantitive data on either side of the argument people are just going to be throwing opinions at each other, most likely stuffed in socks weaved out of expletives.

Flybikes could you please associate your forum account with your steam account and then post your issue to the Graphics support forum, then hopefully a dev can address it one way or the other. Thanks.

4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

"The cars are the wrong size because when I compare in-game footage with this video from a low quality GoPro, with a completely different Field of View, on a completely different position within the car, the view looks different, oh, and also some people on the internet agree with me, so there's that."

If you want to claim that Kunos made such a gross mistake, at least have actual data to back you up.

5. Rudski

Rudski Alien

He does. The random comments from YouTube.

I think you forgot.

6. It's not that easy mate :) You've to add at least a lot of exclamation marks to earn credibility ;)
    This will turn an opinion to a valid and proven argument. :cool:

Rudski likes this.
  7. Turk

Turk Alien

Listing your photography equipment doesn't really explain focal length in any way, but that's irrelevant. If there is a problem there are ways of proving it. We know the dimensions of the cars, we know the dimensions of the track, if you also know the setup of the camera you should be able to work everything out and prove the track scaling isn't accurate.

Until someone can do that it's just peoples opinions.

8. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I'm not saying he is right on car size, I'm am confident Kunos has got the proportions of both track and car correct but...
    I understand where he is coming from , I just think in VR there is the perception that the car is too big.
    I also find it difficult to place the car. On a right hander the AI behind are acting as though I have left a gap when I don't think I have. When I address the threat by trying to hug the curve more I find there is some room. This is one of the things I need to get right before I get decent laptimes . So yeah I take his point, It sort of reminds me if that zoom effect you see on TV where they pull the camera back and zoom in simultaneously, the things close to the camera look disproportionally larger.

Reading the original post again yes there are capitals and too many exclamation marks which seem aggressive but there are a lot of please's too.

9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Lol, are we really talking about wrong cars and track's dimensions?
    Seriously, please...

Well, at least this is more funny that tyres models or physics guru.

Gopher04 likes this.
  10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Talk about way off topic..

11. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Look at that snazzy 70-200 lens on my D5. It doesn't go down to F1.8 but my 60mm macro lens goes to F2.8 which is close. No ND (Neutral Density) filter for this one but I do have a set of Polar Pro ND filters for my DJI drone. Also have 4 different GoPros I've used extensively. I are qualified to talk focal lengths, and I say don't believe everything you see on YouTube. :cool:

IMG_0462.jpg IMG_0463.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Jebus, Turk, Winston and 1 other person like this.
  12. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

Guys... he lives nearby!!!

Hey go out there with a tape measure and tell us what you get! ;)