1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC GFX discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Briklebritt, Nov 14, 2018.

1. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Do you consider these graphics crap (cockpit view around 1:52):

After_Midnight likes this.
  2. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

People are only discussing graphics because this is a thread about the graphics. I don't think anybody else has a problem with the rest of the stuff you mention.

3. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

No, but his PC are running the game at 144 fps?

What is the most important thing in a racing sim?

Try to run the game at 144 fps and you will see what I am talking about.

4. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Once again...
    The simulation is not yet done.
    You only have it, because you agreed to run it while they're working to add content and features, optimize it and fix bugs as they're discovered.
    Jesus! Is it really that hard to understand?
    The only reason for any complaint at this point, would be if it did not run at all on your computer and you weren't being helped.

Son, kro, cobrettee and 5 others like this.
  5. No wonder developers around the world are talking less and less with consumers when "crap" and "ugly" is the only criticism that comes up.
    Optimization happens at the very end stage of development. There's no point in optimizing when the game is heavily changing.

It needs to be said again: This is Early Access. Early Access games never have good performance. Don't buy into Early Access if you don't understand what that means.

Son, anthonylroy, Jebus and 11 others like this.
  6. Rudski

Rudski Alien

No way! You don't say! You had to turn some settings on low... Ohh, the horror!

Turk, Gevatter, jo_siffert and 3 others like this.
  7. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

I believe to you, but how can be so ugly your experience if this guy can run the game in this wonderful way?

Look to his specs, you have a 1080, he 2x 1070 sli.
    Can this make so huge difference?

8. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

The original AC had good perfomance day early acess.

And triple screen support.

Perfomance wise the original AC graphics engine were very good.

Yes man, it is 2 GPU, makes a huge difference.

Octane likes this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Looks pretty nice for me, Id love some better FPS or SLI support especially and AA could be improved but I must also have a different game. :eek:

tabis likes this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

SLI actually doesn't work or I haven't found a way to make it work. I have 2x 1080 but my second card is idling and I tried everything to make it work but it doesn't.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

@Trezoitao38
    I think what you meant is not that the game looks "ugly", but that the performance is just not that good on your machine.
    Really, just give them a bit more time to optimize the engine. At this stage they are still busy with implementing the content and the mechanics of the game, adjusting physics etc.
    The polishing touches on performance usually come last.
    I honestly think you will eat your words once this game is polished. :)
    And i hope you know how strange to some people it sounds when you complain that you "struggle" to keep 80fps. :D

12. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I had my doubts once I saw 0.2 VR and have read and contributed to threads expressing them.
    I think single screen by the way is very impressive, better than I would have expected at this stage in development.
    In order to try and quell my VR performance and quality fears I had a look into unreal engine and nvidia's VRWorks. Unreal engine supports multiple monitors,Multi-Res shading, VR SLI, Single Pass Stereo and Lens Matched Shading. I'm sure AMD have their own set of tools supported too. So my assumption is that Kunos have implemented very basic VR only and there are very significant performance and visual quality gains to come as well as SLI and multi-monitor support. So I'm keeping my powder dry, I am sure we'll have great VR SLI and multi-monitor support in the end.

Cote Dazur and Trezoitao38 like this.
  13. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I saw a performance increase for my system with the 0.3.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

14. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Winston you assumption makes me dream already :p

Cote Dazur and Winston like this.
  15. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

:) When you look at the quality of AC and ACC (single screen) it's unlikely they will be content with ACC in non single screen modes. My guess is it will be a technology showcase in the end.

kro likes this.
  16. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

While it is said optimization comes at the end I dont expect very much given that the engine does not belong to Kunos. I think the problem here is that this is a "next gen" game that needs "next gen" graphics cards to look really good, in particular for the demanding requirements associated with simracing (VR or triple screen and/or >60FPS). Unfortunately, Nvidia has failed making a "next gen" graphics card with the 2000 series. One caveat is the AA: if that would work properly then the higher than 1080 resolution requirements would go away that would help.

I think there is a graphics style issue as well that people have mentioned: it all looks at little too plastic-y and not natural enough, maybe its something with lighting. In particular the wear patterns on the track surface i think I would start there, I like that better in some other sims, and its important for realism feel. See e.g. the RF2 sebring track. And just focus on the dry light conditions, that is what people use most of the time and where ACC is weakest, the rain is quite good.

I do have some hope for doing something about the variability in framerates, it would seem to me that something can be done, FPS really goes off a cliff in corners when next to or closely behind other cars which is a problem because you need the FPS at that point to avoid collisions.

In short: dont blame Kunos blame Nvidia :).

Trezoitao38 likes this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Seeing RTX will be included that means also dx12 for ACC, this would also likely make it more likely to run multi gpu but I think I remember Stefano mention they aren't likely to use VR works as its NV specific and would be bad for AMD users. Unfortunatly Nvidia shoots themselves in the foot by including closed features for their GPU's which in the end get very little 3rd party support for that exact reason. I don't know of a single VR works title or one that works with VR Sli as NV hyped for the 10 series launch. At least RTX has some confirmed games in development but also initial test of it seem quite a fail as a 2080ti can barely mange 60fps at 1080p. :eek:

VRworks on paper looks great but NV is good at marketing BS and if it was so easy to include then it would have had much more support years after announcement.

18. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Assetto Corsa Competizione vs Project CARS 2

ACC: 2019
    PC2: 2017

Also cockpits needs work:

By the way, minute 3,45 in ACC, reflection in the road? shadow both sides?

I know is work in progress, but if the game release Q1 2019, i hope goes gold last day of Q1, and work till last minute...

I expect much more for a 2019 game.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    fear_scarecrow and Trezoitao38 like this.
  19. plaid

plaid Alien

That there will be performance improvements till 1.0 and after that is a sure thing, but how big they will be is entirely different question.

Yes. Doesnt Look much better but doesnt Even run on my system. I don't Know why i should Upgrade To Midrange sys if it doesnt Even Look Much better.
    And both games have in Common that youre Stuck with 30 Cars.
    While i think they are Fine for niche games.
    Its rather the poor presentation and lifeless Tracks that bother me. See f1 17/18 to See how you do it Right.

20. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I thought/hope they would add code to detect the card type and then follow the appropriate code path.
    Maybe they will have to put more effort in than than they anticipated given the current multi-view state.

Yeah I know what you mean re BS , I think people are finally on to them judging by their recent share movement.