1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC GFX discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Briklebritt, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

It's not 2019 yet. The game isn't even released. pC2 is a fully released game which had tons of updates and wasn't running great on V1.0. And I dare say that ACC in the comparison video you posted is far from running maxed out, it looks miles better on my machine. Talking about comparing apples to oranges...

But anyway. You guys need to stop considering ACC as a finished game, it isn't, and pretty fcking far from it. My mind boggles when I read things like "this game is ugly" and "it looks like crap", jesus christ... When did we shift to the "I should be able to run sims with everything ultra @144 Hz" paradigm? Is the time when running a game at 60 frames per second was considered the minimum acceptable over already? Some dude above runs it at 80 frames and he's complaining! I'm not even 30 yet and I feel like I'm dealing with a bunch of self-entilted, brainless brats who should know better.

Expecting a WORK IN PROGRESS sim to run flawlessly at this stage is like asking... I don't know, I don't even have a fitting metaphor for that. Insert something with unrealistic expectations versus real-world realities. As you can guess, graphics is not the main point of sims so expect it to be polished during the latest stages of game devlopment because

[​IMG]

Devs are very well aware of what can be improved with the graphics believe me, they're more aware than anyone else here. Now here's my advice: drop ACC until v1 or play GT Sport / Forza 7 if graphics matter so much to you.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  2. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

^ This...if only you could like a post twice... :)

jaxx_za, Freddie Seng and sissydriver like this.
  3. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Hate to say it, but I just dont think really technically impressive graphics are Kunos' forte. Seems their expertise is largely in the physics and general modeling and whatnot, but probably lack folks experienced with the sort of AAA-level graphics polish that people seem to want. There's still time for improvement obviously, but I dont think it's realistic to expect it to take any super drastic leaps.

I do think a top priority should be getting TAA to work better. UE4 has a pretty decent solution as shown in other games, yet isn't being effectively used here at all.

4. Well.. Yeah! How many devs are into this game?
    BRB gonna play some multi millionaire company game like Fallout 76 to wash my eyes and brain from this mess of a game
    OH.. wait.... :rolleyes:

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

How many devs work with ACC?

6. Not sure but I think 22

Taking this into account, I think I'll create a polite thread listing exactly what we expect from the game graphics. So maybe they can implement after v1.0.
    If anyone has suggestions so I can compile everything into a single post. PM me.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  7. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I'm sure they have stated they will lock suggestion threads
    You could politely ask them to fill us in on their current thinking re AA ,multi-viewport and multi GPU

8. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Some interesting opinions here, some comments from me, take it or leave it:

Well, that just not the case for everyone. I have driven on my friends PC, with different sims and also used other games. He has a huge frame rate orientation, runs G-Sync at about 120 fps with most games. I´ll never question that this is important to him, and that he does see a difference, but I don´t. I can easily go back to playing at 50 fps. Or even 16-20 on flight sims.

People are different and have different priorities as well as a different perception.

Makes sense to develop for state of the art technology, why produce something that is outdated before it´s finished. I remember when my dad built a PC to run Unreal Tournament GOTY fluid. Game wasn´t even brand new and still top notch hardware had serious issues with that. But the technology came forward and it could be maxed out smoothly a year later. You can allways turn down the settings if your hardware is not up to it.

Following conclusion is not in reply to a specific user or post:

People need to be realistic with hardware and performance expectations. UE4 is a perfomance hog in almost every game I used it with (WW3, PUBG..., UT Alpha being a nice exception). Still, when looking at Tino's screens or some of the videos shown here, it can look amazing!
    Currently it´s not looking to pretty for me running a 4k screen on a 1060 6GB, but I expected that. Currently looking for an upgrade. And even than, when running in a crowd at Paul Ricard, the atmosphere was incredible, with the sound and the rain effects, I quickly stopped noticing the less than pretty upscaling and AA.
    And cars and tracks are pretty nice in my opinion, the pit at Nürburging is very close to the real one, for example. One thing I don´t really like yet are the trees. But that´s not the end of the world and anyway, it´s EA, things can change.

I haven´t used TAA yet, only ran the default FXAA, but I agree that the ghosting effect is unfortunate in a racing sim. Maybe something will come up.

I´m looking forward to seeing how they´ll go ahead on the max. number of cars. My favourite approach would be simple, limit it to 80 or 100 cars (to be safe for 24h of Spa 2019) and the customers PC can´t handle it, he´ll just have to limit the amount of cars. But I guess people will come in hordes crying that their hardware, barely clearing the requirements, can´t run 80 AI cars at 4k and 144 Hz.

Don´t know why I wrote all of this, I don´t need to or mean to defend or offend anybody here, it´s just my humble opinion.

Deatroy likes this.
  9. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Me neither, and completely agree. I expected it to look cleaner at some point but it's not gonna be night and day compared to what we have now. Let's wait and see how it ends up

10. Seeing Aris post on FB stating that he doesn't see any shimmering or flickering at Paul Ricard has severely dashed my hopes of the graphics getting improved.

All I know is that with my 1080 Battlefield V on ultra looks amazing, Forza Horizon 4 on extreme looks glorious, Fallout 4 with dozens of graphics and texture mods (including reshade) looks almost photorealistic, and yet ACC on (mostly) epic looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Sorry if I am not buying that this is the fault of nvidia.....at least there is still four months left for Kunos to make improvements and optimizations.

esox71, Jordan Louis, Fear and 3 others like this.
  11. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Seeing that no amount of AA will be perfect and you have fine lines viewed at a shallow angle and you have a stationary car with transmission shake aren't you always going to get some degree of this?

12. It looks much sharper than my game D:

13. Adastros

Adastros Racer

Omg im sorry for the devs...
    even With a 2080ti you can’t play a new high graphic Game at 4K 144hz, if you want high fps go on lower résolution, and ofc the graphic is not perfect ( like some color...) but ugly?crap? Really? Im sorry but Fanboy are nocif

14. fanboy of what? Only for us to be on the same page...

15. Seems Kunos have to get ACC feature complete (status Gold) for the Blancpain Season start in April 2019. Maybe it will be December 2019 when we´ll get the ACC we expected.

16. Adastros

Adastros Racer

Of AC, i mean people want improvement, but they don’t respect the devs work

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

18. Are you really comparing ACC early access graphics with AAA games with hundreds of devs and millions and millions of budget?
    Best part is you talking about fallout 4 but MODDED... :rolleyes:

P.S. I'm bothered too by the flickering, the ghosting and the poor antialiasing but yeah...

R. Iván, Freddie Seng and liakjim like this.
  19. I played AC for 50 minutes and I still find ACC ugly, your argument is invalid.

20. Adastros

Adastros Racer

so I'm sorry for you, but I do not force you to see the game in my way, i just say that if you want to make your voice heard that you should be more respectful, and explain what you do not find good in ACC because the goal of the EA is to help the devs and not to rage on them ( and ofc sorry for my english )