1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

ACC Graphics and Performance Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by MonzterPixel, Oct 29, 2019.

1. banb

banb Rookie

Hello,

Since the last update I have this strange "grain" in the reflections of the car.
    I tried many different settings but nothing changes it.
    Does anybody experience the same ?

Thanks

Capture 564_LI.jpg

Chris 576 likes this.
  2. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Rookie

Hi.
    I wonder if someone can help me. In ACC I can't seem to setup my resolution properly. My native res in 11520x2160. In ACC the (in Game) max possibility is 5304x992. I can't find any other options in game :confused:

I can't seem to find any solution and this thread seemed the closest to graphics as i could find.

My syetem in case is i7, 7700k with two 1080TI's (not that sli works even though I run the nvida bits) grahpics is not what as it could be I run 60fps at this wrong res.

Any ideas ?

Thank you
    Ant

3. Stains

Stains Simracer

Make a custom resolution in NVCP ;)

4. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Rookie

Hey Bru

Thank you but it is set to my native res in NVCP :(

Stains likes this.
  5. Stains

Stains Simracer

Sweird, I can make any resolution and it shows in game. Not sure what else to suggest other than maybe remove the Documents ACC folder and start again.

6. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

I'd imagine the physics calculations are fewer.

7. Hello to all,

This is my first post :)

I have invested in a high end PC, specs below, but I am not happy with the fps results I am getting. I have made no Changes or mods to the below hardware or software.

Average 18fps at single race with AI opponents @ EPIC video settings
    Average 23fps at single race with AI opponents @ HIGH video settings
    Average 34fps at single race with AI opponents @ MEDIUM video settings

PC Specs: - win 10 Pro 64bit -i7 9700 - Asus PRIME B365-PLUS 1151 - 32Gb RAM 2400Mhz - Asus Radeon RX5700 8Gb - WD SSD Black M2 SN 750 NVMe 500GB Heat - Quad Samsung 32inch Curved screens (3 for full screen plus 1 for overhead)

Sim Specs: - SimLab P1X rig - Fanatec DD2 - Podium Porsche 911 GT3 R - Podium Formula V2 - Fanatec H shifter, handbrake, V3 pedals

Sound Specs: - Logitech Z906 surround system, Bass shakers to come...

I would highly appreciate your thoughts or comments, given that in my humble opinion a full sim like the above should give at least 60fps on average at EPIC video settings. So should I invest in another graphic card? Should I try to mod the settings so to at least reach near the above fps aim?

Thank you in advance.

8. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Can you post all your video settings? What resolution are you running in total? I suspect the high resolution is killing your frame-rate, particularly with three screens - and another too.

9. Hello Sir,
    Just updated my signature as you all guys do ;) Resolution is 7680x1434 for the 3 screens with Radeon merge to 1 screen and 2560x1434 for the 4th screen on top
    Hope this helps

10. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

That’s your answer. Too high resolution. Even a i9 9900X and a Titan would struggle. Just the three screens alone is pushing 11m pixels.

On my system I run 5760 x 1080 and get ~75fps across three screens. Everything high except textures which is set to epic.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  11. Hmmm ok let me try Sir

12. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Also check your card’s VRAM usage in-game. I bet it’s being exceeded with those settings and resolutions. You can check using windows Task Manager.

13. OK let's do the maths (all results made in single race/AI multiplayer/Position 16/from start to 3 greens)

Full screen @ 7680x1434
    Average 18fps at single race with AI opponents @ EPIC video settings
    Average 23fps at single race with AI opponents @ HIGH video settings
    Average 34fps at single race with AI opponents @ MEDIUM video settings

Full screen @ 5580 x 1040
    Average 28fps at single race with AI opponents @ EPIC video settings
    Average 36fps at single race with AI opponents @ HIGH video settings
    Average 53fps at single race with AI opponents @ MEDIUM video settings

Windows mode @ 7680x1434
    Average 16fps at single race with AI opponents @ EPIC video settings
    Average 26fps at single race with AI opponents @ HIGH video settings
    Average 36fps at single race with AI opponents @ MEDIUM video settings

Windows mode @ 5580 x 1040 x 1040
    Average 26fps at single race with AI opponents @ EPIC video settings
    Average 33fps at single race with AI opponents @ HIGH video settings
    Average 53fps at single race with AI opponents @ MEDIUM video settings

Given that I need EPIC visuals and 61+ fps, I cannot see any other option than to to upgrade to a better graphics card, do you have any other option guys?

Thanks

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  14. ohjeah

ohjeah Simracer

Propably lowering some settings and trying to find a decent balance between fps and looks would be worth a shot. Not sure if any GPU can run it maxed out that resolution.

15. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

2080Ti SLI or
    TITAN RTX

M-Bimmer likes this.
  16. GONKO

GONKO Racer

If you need 3 screens on epic settings then you are looking at BIG money on the GPU(s).

I run a mix of med and high and the differences are not really noticeable.
    Your current card is never going to 3 screen with epic settings and give 60 fps.

17. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I'd say you are looking at 2080ti minimum possibly in SLI to give some room for growth as graphics improve.
    I run 4k on high settings on a single screen and I get 60fps in the dry with a 30 car grid using a GTX 1080, so you need about 3.5 times the power of that to run your epic settings across 3 screens with headroom. The CPU seems fine and doesn't get pushed too hard.

18. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

You need 12GB of VRAM on the card

19. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

That ASUS card isn’t powerful enough....2080Ti minimum and probably in SLI (or NLink, whatever they call it now).

So two 2080Ti cards linked up together inside the computer.