1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Graphics and Performance Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by MonzterPixel, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

DX12 is a completely different concept than DX11. You're right that a transition from DX11 to Vulkan is not easy, but so is the transition from DX11 to DX12.
    It just seems less because it just seems like you're bumping up a number, but in reality it's a completely different (and more complicated) rendering concept.

AndyK70 likes this.
  2. Stains

Stains Simracer

It is already possible to run ACC in DX12 and you do gain performance but that is due to many things in ACC not running at all in DX12, many textures and details are just missing so of course more frames get delivered. May as well run the game on lowest settings really. Kunos team chimed in on the discussion ruling out any use running current versions of ACC in DX12.

Post #162
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...formance-discussion.60924/page-9#post-1125888

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

HELP

From these values by CPUID, does this mean my GPU is the limiting/bottle neck in my system ?

Last column to the right, is max recorded.

Any additional comments are appreciated.

Thanks

CPU USAGE.jpg GPU USAGE.jpg
    Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  4. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

65% usage on 16 cpu threads is a lot. It's 10 threads maxed out. I don't believe ACC can do that. I guess something else is running on the background. That said, you also get 100% GPU usage which means that you are not cpu bound

5. Stains

Stains Simracer

That spread of CPU usage isn't what ACC is using but rather how windows is scaling your cores. I'd say you are CPU limited even though the GPU shows 100%, that will have been at one point not across the whole run. Anytime your GPU drops below 99% is when the CPU is limiting your run.

6. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

I would say your system is pretty balanced as your GPU usage is 100% and your max single core usage is very close to 100% as well. ACC is limited by single core perf although it uses multiple threads, the main thread is limiting the entire system. That said, I used to have 2700X and 1080 and I've used my 1080ti with the 2700X as well and it did help.

7. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Thanks @Red Or Dead, @Stains and @seb 6th gear for your input/info.

This is what usage looks like when ACC and I think nothing else of any significance that I could find is running, which is the state before I run ACC, so I would assume that the difference is what ACC, off line, Logitech and Real Head Motion is using.

So looks like I compromised my graphics settings enough, so that I don't see any major degrading, and yet get a balanced setup.
    Assuming I'm reading your posts correctly.

cpu usage 2.jpg gpu usage 2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  8. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

9. McGraw

McGraw Racer

What is the most demanding track, time and weather conditions I can use for testing?

I’ve been using Spa in medium rain at 9pm. Is night harder or easier?

I realise that adding more cars kills everything but I need a baseline.
    With a 3070 and 4790k in 4K and everything high with 30 cars and 20 visible, I seem to be able to hold 60fps in all but a few circumstances.

10. Fractured Life

Fractured Life Simracer

Thats nice, good to see your 4790 still able to give you a nice experience.

Comparing the previous results for GPU and CPU benchmark thread, there must have been a lot of optimization, or I've won multiple silicone lotteries on my first build.
    Is Spa the biggest grid for AI?

11. Stains

Stains Simracer

Nuringburg first corner kills it for me. Pick a time and try for yourself. Early morning,late afternoon when shadows are long.

romandevision and McGraw like this.
  12. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

Hungaroring. High cpu utilization, microstutters and unstable frametimes. Same issues with two completly different systems across all acc versions. (Vega 56 + i5 6600K and 1080ti + r5 2600)
    Is it the most demanding one? No clue. But it's certainly the worst performing for me.

McGraw and rycil like this.
  13. McGraw

McGraw Racer

Looking forward to 6800 results

14. JohnnyXD9

JohnnyXD9 Rookie

I am new to simracing and I would like to start with Assetto Corsa Competizione. I need a PC and I would like to know what you recommend to play the game at 60fps at 1080p. Not looking for 4K or VR or multiple monitors any time soon.

15. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Look at my system spec in the sig, I run at 1080p with stable 90+fps.
    The graphics are toned down, cause stable 90fps for me is more important than better eye candy at 60. I posted you my video settings in ACC further down.
    Keep in mind, I have a very old GPU and getting something decent, even on a budget, will boost performance a lot. I just need to save up some money before I can get a better GPU. My current spec is about 600€ for the PC, without monitor and other stuff like wheel, etc.

So going for a better GPU like a RTX3070 or even for a to come out next RTX 3060(ti) or an AMD 6800 and you can crank up the settings a lot, maybe even everything to epic. On nvidia recommending textures to high, tho. AMD with 16GB VRAM can cope with epic textures.

AC2-Win64-Shipping_2020_11_26_01_29_52_988.jpg AC2-Win64-Shipping_2020_11_26_01_30_09_184.jpg AC2-Win64-Shipping_2020_11_26_01_30_20_441.jpg

16. Alex S

Alex S Racer

+1

17. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, wasn’t sure if I’d be able to post here just yet but looks like it’s worked.

Just after some tips really. Recently acquired an I7 7700K, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB RAM gaming PC. I have it hooked up to a Sony 4K TV.

I’m getting decent FPS (70-80) at 1440p with most graphics set to medium (textures to high). It’s not the smoothest though, so wondering if anybody has any tips. Plus I have a few questions. Please bear with me as am new to the world of PC gaming.

What’s the most balanced AA settings for looks and performance?

Same for shadows really. Have them on mid at the mo but have the new contact shadow option disabled as am unsure what it actually does.

Is it best for me to use my TV’s native resolution in game and downscale it or keep to 1440p and upscale it for performance and image clarity?

As I’ve come from PS4, I’d be entirely happy with a locked 60fps. My TV is capable of 120hz but I’m assuming because the 1070 is getting on now, thats why it’s not available to select in the nvidia control panel, so it’s at 60hz. So would using G-SYNC in the nvidia control panel help with the smoothness? I haven’t noticed any drops below 60 even with 29 cars on track.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. Now in the process of putting PC specs in my sig.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  18. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

Just to add (can’t edit the post anymore), I meant v-sync not g-sync. I have on, adaptive, adaptive half refresh rate and fast available in the control panel.

19. Gobrel

Gobrel Gamer

I have posted some results of the Radeon RX6800 over in the GPU benchmark thread.

20. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

My monitor accepts 4K@60hz and 1440p@120hz, but the game decides to only play at 4k@60hz and ignores your 1440P resolution even if you chose it in the ACC menu.

Even If i set windows desktop resolution at 1440P@120hz, the intro video will play at 1440P@120hz but when the menus enter, it defaults to 4k@60hz.

I see this behavior in the AMD 6900XT. My previous RTX3080 did not have this problem.