1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Graphics and Performance Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by MonzterPixel, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

Too late. I have bought used 2080ti for 800 euros and i have sold the 1080ti 500 euros.
    Will do same for the 3080ti.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Will be interested to hear how much improvement there is between the 1080ti and the 2080ti.

3. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

lol, I have RMA my 2080ti, they will send me another one, can't talk now, but sure I will post the results

4. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Rookie

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I thought the OC Scanner was only for RTX cards. The linked page says:

“The OC Scanner is essentially a tool that uses an algorithm developed by NVIDIA for the RTX 20 series graphics cards.”

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Ouch

7. hozes

hozes Rookie

Performance on my rig is almost perfect for me
    @1080 61fps frame limit ( i have 1080p 75hz freesync monitor )
    Resolution scale 110, shadows on high, every other settings on absolute maximum, hlod disabled, temporal upscaling disable, 10 visible ai, mirrors off ( not needed for me when radar is on and my fov is 33 so mirrors bit seen anyway so take them off ), 19 ai cars
    Not a single drop, 61fps fixed
    I7 3770s, 16gb ddr3 1600mhz cl9, vega56

Gpu usage is max %75

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Why do you limit FPS to 61?!? You should limit to sth. like 73 on a 75 HZ FreeSync.

9. hozes

hozes Rookie

Because my cpu is weak for 72hz, if i set to 72, on starts the fps goes down to 64-65, hickhops happens and stutters, frametimes goes higher

Also on night and rain races, on starts fps goes down a little bit more to 61 absolute minimum, so a steady 61 is better suited for me.

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ah I see. That makes perfect sense... CPU bottlenecks look pretty bad. FreeSync only works on GPU-based FPS variation. I made the same observations with a 7600k once.

Have fun.

11. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

deni80s and vortex19 like this.
  12. Chas lodge

Chas lodge Rookie

Found that I got more stability and performance using ultimate performance mode in Windows 10 power settings. To get this setting go to command prompt and run as administrator.Type the following:-

power-duplicateschemee9a42b02-d5df-aa00-03f14749eb61.
    Game runs really good now on my rtx 2080 on epic/high settings.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Interesting. Could you provide an A/B comparison?

14. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

I v'e tried, all seems perfectly smooth now :) thanks, I have no more micro stutter/micro freezes, the v1.3.6 has removed 95%, this optimisation maybe has removed the 5% left....

15. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

Ok, I have my second new RTX 2080TI, and I can say I have a big boost, like +35 FPS, sometimes more when the GPU is maxed, sometimes less if the GPU is not maxed.
    BUT with i9 9900K (at 5ghz) + 1080TI, with my custom settings, the GPU was at 99% most of the time, now with the 2080TI, it seems that the GPU is not maxed with many AI near of me, alone of course it's maxed, but not with AI near, but I have a big FPS boost....
    I'm happy, but I need to test at 5.3 ghz or to wait for the new i9 10900K....with many others games it's maxed, with Dirt rally 2.0 it's maxed, BF 5, it's maxed....maybe with UE4 it's not possible.

1440p, custom settings (almost EPIC) i9 9900K 5ghz, 1080TI : 95FPS - GPU USAGE 98%
    20200223230115_1.jpg

1440p, custom settings (almost EPIC) i9 9900K 5ghz, 2080TI : 128FPS - GPU USAGE 74%
    20200310125358_1.jpg

I want to use my 25% of power remaining.....but I can't

(other example : with Dirt Rally 2.0, from i5 9600K/1080TI to i9 9900k/2080TI, i have +60fps....cause the GPU is always maxed, the new CPU has given +25FPS, the new GPU has given +35fps)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  16. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I’ve seen this too. Could it be a bottleneck when some settings are enabled or pushed too far?

17. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

I think it's the game...many other games can max the GPU....but UE4 is not good for that....CPU bottleneck I guess, cause Alone withtout AI, the GPU is maxed.....

18. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Is the CPU maxed then? Cause if CPU is not maxed either, something is waiting on a resource or a delay is artificially introduced that slows things down: if the CPU is not maxed and the GPU is not maxed and you don’t have a frame limiter, something is waiting on something else: disk? Network? A timer?

19. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

We don't need to see the CPU maxed to see the Bottleneck, the more you add AI, the more the GPU usage decreases = CPU bottleneck.....
    The good thing is maybe with a stronger CPU, we can have +25% perf min....
    the issue is the game and the hardwares....CPU limited

you should read this : https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/low-gpu-usage.59874/page-3#post-990010
    you can learn how any game is CPU limited, and you don't need at all to see the CPU at 100%
    (only BF5 gives me 75% usage for the CPU with i9 9900K and the GPU is always maxed))

20. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I wouldn’t say a process that doesn’t run at 100% is cpu bound, but rather say there’s a bottleneck. The bottleneck might be in the code, which of course runs on the CPU, but might not be running at 100% because it’s waiting on some resources. Now that might be intentional. If I only update the physics engine 100 times a second, i am bound to a timer frequency. If I am waiting for some inter process communication channel to exchange data, I am limited by that channel speed at delivering data. Again, cpu bound means ‘my process is running at 100% and if I have a more powerful CPU I get more performance. ’ this is not the case here, not in its entirety anyway. What we see here is instead ‘I have a more powerful cpu and my program runs at the same speed or only fractionally faster than before’

in enterprise applications bottlenecks are normally found in disk access (io operations per second or throughput), another example is database queries which can deadlock, or message queues l. But I’m digressing.

in this case I think there might be a synchronisation issue: something somewhere is not running at maximum performance but it should and it’s because it’s waiting for something. It’s all speculation. I’m not a games developer so I don’t really know what would cause it or even if in this case it’s maybe desired.

Edit: can we show the real load on the CPU: if we are CPU single thread bound, is the AI solely responsible for this?