1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Graphics and Performance Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by MonzterPixel, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

did you read the post I have posted......it explains all. it's not disk access, it's CPU bottleneck....the Highest framerate you want, the more it will push on the CPU....with 1080TI, it was the limit, GPU limited, but with more powerfull, you can see that the limit is no more GPU, but CPU.....only alone wihtout AI, you have the GPU bottleneck....

2. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Yes: what is the bottleneck? The cpu single thread speed? Or the AI code itself?

Stains likes this.
  3. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Ok so from what you are saying, the bottleneck is the AI code execution, right?
    Does the AI run in a single thread? Is that single thread maxed out? I will run my own tests of course but that's what I'm interested in finding out, because there's no point in having a 16 core CPU if all you need is an overclock, but if even an overclock doesn't buy an equivalent gain in performance, then there must be another issue (e.g. deadlock? critical sections of code?)

4. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

I will be very happy if you can max the GPU, but the more I overclock the CPU, the more I raise the GPU usage...

5. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

But if none of the cores/threads are at (or near) 100%, how can it be a CPU bottleneck? Anything below 100% and there’s still capacity left in the CPU - it can work harder but the code isn’t asking it to. It’s only a CPU bottleneck if the CPU is maxed out and can’t keep up with the demand.

f.e.negroni likes this.
  6. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/low-gpu-usage.59874/page-3#post-990010
    read the post and see how the GPU usage decreases, even if the CPU is not maxed, it's called CPU Bottleneck. Same here, with zero AI, the GPU is maxed, and the more you add AI, the more the GPU usage decreases, even if the CPU is not maxed. The more I Ooverclock the CPU the more the GPU usage increase. If I delid + water cool the i9 9900K, maybe I can go to 5.5ghz and increase the GPU usage. But I prefer waiting for the next gen CPU...

here the same result with DX9 and raceroom
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...y-ai-before-fps-drop.13273/page-2#post-181152

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  7. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

@Koly™ - sorry if you mentioned it earlier, but what resolution are you running at? I have a 6700k and a GTX 1080 running at 1440p with mostly epic or high settings. I've just tried a quick race with 20 opponents and Afterburner shows my CPU main thread running at 80-95% and my GPU at 85-99%. All smooth, stutter-free. In practice, the CPU drops slightly along with the GPU but only about 5-10%.

BigFW likes this.
  8. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

1440p,
    with 1080ti, my GPU were maxed everytime...it's the GPU bottleneck, so with your gtx 1080 is the same.....now with 2080ti, I have +35fps, but the GPU is not maxed, seems there is spare GPU power....due to CPU bottleneck...
    at 4K, the 2080ti is maxed everytime, it's the GPU limit.
    with the new 3080ti which will come soon, I hope we will have better than the i9 10900K....cause I don't know what I will gain with a new GPU, the 3080ti....maybe only resolution scale forced....but the same framerate....

AMS2 or Project cars 2 dont have the CPU bottleneck, the GPU is maxed everytime.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  9. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

1440p,custom settings (almost EPIC), alone without AI, Bathurst, light rain, headlights on, GPU maxed, 194 FPS. NO CPU BOTTLENECK

20200313140748_1.jpg

10. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

10 AI, no CPU bottleneck
    20200313141232_1.jpg

15 AI, the CPU bottleneck starts, the GPU usage drops to 93%, then with more AI, the GPU usage will decrease.

20200313142910_1.jpg

EsxPaul likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I once determined the CPU bottleneck threshold the same way for an i5 7600k. It was like 9 cars.

It gets better once the field spreads out.

12. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I’m struggling to understand how adding a better GPU to your existing CPU/system can make the framerates go down. I can see how the load on the new GPU would be less but that shouldn’t somehow limit the performance of your processor. Your CPU is almost certainly stopping the new GPU reaching its full potential but it shouldn’t be suffering as a result. I seem to be getting much better performance than you with lower-spec hardware which doesn’t make any sense. Both of my components (CPU and GPU) are running near max performance which is the ideal situation.

13. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

It's not down....i have +35 fps.... and alone i have 197fps at Epic ;) when gpu is maxed

14. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Ah, sorry, misread your post.

15. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

It's UE4 the problem i guess....unlike AMS2 or pCars2....it's too much CPU demanding....but it's much more beauty....I have saved so much money that I will buy the 3080ti and the i9 10900k at day one....(the future buyer of my used i9 9900k/2080ti will be lucky) but be sure i will update and post the difference ;)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  16. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

Hello everyone,
    Long time AC player and now looking to move over to ACC. My old PC died which I bought in 2010 and I am so out of touch with PC specs and what will be good enough to run ACC so I am just after some advice. I will be mostly running against the AI with about 22 AI cars (more AI the better if possible) but I will be wanting to run with dynamic weather, especially rain etc. and I will want it look pretty good as well. I've read this entire thread and have come to these spec,

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6GHz
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz
    Graphics GeForce: RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB

Or

CPU: Intel Core i7 9700F 3GHz
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
    Graphics: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB

As for monitor, I was going use just 1 x 27" monitor probably running at either 1920 x 1080 or 2650 x 1440.

Will these specs be enough or will I need even more? Am I heading the right direction with the monitor or will I need even higher resolution?

Sorry for the noob question, as I say, my last PC I bought is 2010 and things have moved on so much since then.

17. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

Both are good, I prefer the Ryzen build, but with faster memory. The Ryzens profit from that, so minimum 3200 I would say. You'll be fine with this system at 1440p. And online is more fun, but that is your business. ;-)

Linus27 likes this.
  18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Hi Linus,

nearly same happened 8 weeks ago - old 2011 pc in trouble - new one in my signatur - its so much fun. go for amd.
    have fun with mor fps (now AC is dead for me - i am acc junkie, the deeper i get into it, the more fun. crazy stuff)

Linus27 and anthony galmiche like this.
  19. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

That's sissydriver and Sofa for your help, looks like I'm sorted

sissydriver likes this.
  20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien