1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC - How to get a Perfect Race Start

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Leo Sousa, May 8, 2021.

1. Leo Sousa

Leo Sousa Gamer

Get access to the Setup Bundle - All Tracks - https://setsbase.com/product/acc-promo-pack-ferrari-488-gt3-evo-setups/
    or
    https://simracingsetup.com/product/acc/setup-bundle-all-tracks-ferrari-488-gt3-evo/

Subscribe to the channel and receive coupons to download Setups and Skins for free periodically - https://cutt.ly/CbpIXs0

In this video i'm showing how to get a Perfect Race Start in Assetto Corsa Competizione. You gonna learn how to warm up your brakes, how to get a better aceleration in the green lights and which places are better to get after the race start

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    MAG82, Interchangeable and VeryStef like this.

2. Odirse

Odirse Gamer

There is only one way of getting a perfect start for me... Which is not crashing during the first lap. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do most of the times really.

Heating by braking at the same time as you accelerate was something I do sometimes, although I think in real life that should worn your brakes out quite a lot. I wonder if that's how they do it in real life racing, I honestly doubt it taking into account the duration of the races and the time they spend under safety car conditions.

Thanks for the video anyway!

3. Unf

Unf Racer

Ineed, I don't think that overhetaing brakes just before the T1 is a good idea... of course if game is calculating it in that way.

4. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Absolutely yes. There are some cars (for example the McLaren 570s GT4 if I recal correctly) where the electronic cuts the throttle if you go on the brakes but other than that you can. In this video you can see James Baldwin (esports player and real life British GT GT3 driver last year) doing exactly that. There's a video when he is also talking about it but I could find the exact point/video.
    (@2:37)

5. Odirse

Odirse Gamer

He does it for just a second or so, not constantly as the video suggests us to do. Actually, what I can see him doing is accelerating/braking, which is what the video tells you not to do. So what I can see is a pro doing exactly the opposite of what is being suggested, actually...

6. lionbest

lionbest Racer

While I like getting a good start, as was suggested above, I will prioritize getting through the first couple of corners.

The tires and break will help greatly getting a good first lap, though. So I still do try and get the temps up.

7. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Actually he does both....
    As I said there's also a video of that series (or that video but at a different time stamp) where he explicitly talks about braking and accelerating at the same time. I haven't watched the video in the OP so I'm not judging what he suggests.
    My opinion is that alternating accelerator and brake is more effective to heat up the tyres but you can't do it when the cars are bunched up so the only way to still generate some heat is doing it at the same time (and you can in the real cars without any problem)

MrCooper likes this.
  8. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

watch the first lap of this race and see how the driver warms the breaks , very similar to the video

Leo Sousa and gunner1483 like this.
  9. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

# Brakes : decelarate/slow down cars
    # Breaks : Car is on pause / something is "fubar"

;)

NemethR and chksix like this.
  10. Creegz

Creegz Racer

I have found that warming the brakes and subsequently the tires by holding like that is really good but I've never thought of holding it to get a bit of a launch off the start.

11. Leo Sousa

Leo Sousa Gamer

Mates, just an explanation about brake and acelerate.. of course you can't do it for a long period to not warm up the brakes too much.. i suggest just do it in the moment that the limit of velocity is showing (if you didn't before) if you warm up before don't do in the race start.. another point is: this is still a game (don't forget it) and we need to extract the maximum advantages of it.. sometimes somethings are different of real life.. ;)

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  12. MAG82

MAG82 Rookie

Great video and advise. I use this technique since 1 1/2 years when i changed from a g29 to a fanatec setup and never went back to my old habits. And it's not just to heat your brakes and tires faster but also to get an advantage in your reaction time when the light goes green. Comparing a g29 to csl elite pedal set u need a way longer distance on those csl's to get the throttle to 100%. So i just keep it at 100% before start and modulate my brakes till its showtime. And another tip- if u got a full formation lap and wanna get your brakes and tires perfect before start,pack some extra fuel(around 2-3 l )

Leo Sousa likes this.
  13. Leo Sousa

Leo Sousa Gamer

Excatly mate! This is the point! And very nice the tip about full formation lap adding extra fuel. Thank you!

MAG82 likes this.