1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC is in early Access

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Saturn5, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Saturn5

Saturn5 Rookie

Just a quick note to all: As a reminder, ACC is in Early Access. This means: As already noted, the game will be developed over the coming months with input from the community. The game will have issues and they will be worked on and corrected. Content and features will be added. Is it really necessary to have so many negative comments? Really? Be cool. Let this thing work out over the next few months and let it become a great sim. Many of us can clearly see it will be. Remember: EARLY ACCESS. You paid 1/2 price. Game will develop in the coming months. And...….Thank you. :)

morpwr69, McNappa, jaxx_za and 4 others like this.

2. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

First I was like, "Bro, everybody knows", but then I read through the forums and … it appears as if certain users did not understand the concept of EA at all. Or not even the concept of ACC.
    [​IMG]

sissydriver and Andreas Knöpke like this.
  3. aotto1977

Daily friendly reminder that the "A" in "EA" stands for "Access", not "*****les".

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Was puzzled reading the title but then with your post - a well-positioned thread.

I'm sorry to be a broken record regarding my latest "reporting strategy" but here it goes again:

If you feel something isn't right but you can't back it up properly, just say "I feel this isn't right." and describe your impressions with words such as "I have the impression that the car shouldn't behave like this." or "I feel treated unfair by the sim because I can't correct this oversteer." or "I feel that the cars around me should have a higher engine sound level." and so on.

By using such a phrasing you won't be disrespectful towards anyone and noone can get offended because you simply state your personal impression. And don't think just because you don't post a YT vid or a Wikipedia page you won't be taken seriously. If the same personal impression is shared by many people, I'm sure the devs will take note!
    We tell them our impressions, they do the expert stuff. That's at least my idea of a good EA cooperation.

If you think you know how to prove something is wrong, the backup should be really good: heavy expertise your end or reliable data sources. Cherry-picked YT videos or random sources with no backup in themselves are absolutely no proper foundation for a claim. Add to the list claims like "I talked to RL racing drivers blah blah...". It can't be proven - anybody can just lie and state that so those statements must be disregarded as "evidence". All of this leads to no good - please let it be on both sides. If "we" screw this up we lose the chance for a good discussion with the devs regarding ACC. They surely have psychological strategies to handle all of this but surely they'll want to participate much more in a friendly atmosphere.

Edit: @kevin.maatman, a wish to you: would it be within the moderation guidelines to speak out some more warnings and maybe 1 week "holiday" for some users. Even if it will hit me at some point (I'm an a**hole at times) I wouldn't mind. There's so many posts where you can see immediately that they'll cause trouble. Locking threads or writing general warnings in threads isn't effective IMO - it must be personal, sooner and appropriately harsh.

5. aotto1977

Your post, sir, should be a permanent sticky in this section.

Typer, Phoenixcat and LeDude83 like this.
  6. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Early Access is so users give feedback (aka complains) and the devs react to it; otherwise it would be just a demo.

So stop complaining about people complaining!

Complaining is fine, being an entitled passive aggressive a•••ole is wrong.

7. aotto1977

This is not about giving feedback in a constructive manner, it's about that "let's repeat this and that as often as possible and yell for the devs to grab their attention" attitude. Just, for an example, take a look into the thread about the curb sizes where people started to claim to be ignored just because nobody of the Kunos staff wrote a reply.

8. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't understand, I want all the things now, why can't I have all the things now, this isn't fair!

9. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Well not having a reply is the literal definition of being ignored. Kunos IMHO should go through each thread and leave an ACK as minimum, otherwise is rude to people that already paid for the game and are acting as free QA.

Of course that does not justify being not polite or plain toxic.

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Just an idea :
    The whole Kunos team is really busy at the moment. To moderate this forum has not highest priority.
    Think most people will see it similar.
    After 5 hours of no reacting you say:
    This is a statement. They ignore us.
    Hmmmm....
    Could you see what i am pointing at?

Alistair McKinley and aotto1977 like this.