1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC isn't clicking for me

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by WallyM, Jun 8, 2020.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I'm just starting a discussion to see if anyone feels the same as me.

I have to admit, I suck at ACC, compared to AC. I do alright in AC, often at the pointy end of the field, but I'm struggling to finish better than 20th in ACC (talking about MP league racing). The GT3 cars often feel slippery, low grip, understeer and oversteer. I just struggle to drive them with confidence and precision. I use the aggressive setup with tyre pressures adjusted. I'm even slower using the safe setup.

Maybe the physics simulation is accurate enough (improved over AC) now to show that I'm just not good enough to race GT3s? I thought with all the downforce and assists, GT3 cars were a gentleman class, supposed to be relatively "easy" to race?

Does anyone else get the same feeling in ACC compared to AC?

Storm Rider and rolandhuijer like this.

2. lionbest

lionbest Racer

I find it hard to go back to ACC give how much more it gives me.

I will keep AC as the game for open wheelers and road cars but for GT3 I will only choose ACC.

One example that comes to mind where I spent hours trying to improve was probably Monza h0tlap event - shaving a tenth after doing my absolute best lap is what drove me.

3. mitchgixer6

mitchgixer6 Gamer

I've had the game for over 6 months, bought in December and I'm close to 140 hours on the game, and I'm only just getting to grips with it. I'm not even talking about set ups etc I mean just used to driving in the game and slowly getting faster.

Pick one car, load the safe setup and just drive it over and over, lap after lap. The physics are so good that I believe its very close to RL so you have to put the time in. It's not a game you can just jump in to and immediately be winning. Try offline for a while with suitable AI level and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

dek likes this.
  4. McGraw

McGraw Racer

think you must have something wrong with your hardware setup.

I’m not particularly fast In the grand scheme of things but have never felt faster, more consistent or happier on the limit than in ACC. I’ve been pc driving since 1993 and also own AC.

David Danser, aotto1977, th3o and 2 others like this.
  5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

That's what I'm wondering. The only weak link is my ageing CPU. I get good framerates, but more CPU grunt might give the game a bit more fluidity. I have a CPU upgrade on the cards.

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Thanks for your feedback. I have 470 hours.

7. Goes To 11

Goes To 11 Gamer

How fast is your mp league? It took me a long time in my mind to get used to ACC and I'm still at the point where the really fast guys think I have "major driving flaws" yet I can score within the top 15% of some special events. The point being, fast for one person is going to be woefully slow to another. Who are you comparing yourself too?

8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

There are some very fast guys. One of our aliens appears near the top of the various ACC special events, and was around about 15th or so in that McLaren Shadow comp. There's a spread right down to the lowly racers like me. I'm usually 2-3 seconds off the pace, even more on longer laps of course.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I suspect maybe something to do with your hardware setup as in wheel and ffb.

ACC really gives pretty good feedback to me and it shouldnt feel excessively slippery etc. If your not getting any confidence in the car its quite likely something there. Even when pushing quite hard and close to the limits Im not having to drive a crazy loose or unstable car to be quick.

A cpu upgrade wont really improve anything if your able to get solid fps atm on your current setup. You dont need any extreme car setups to be competitive, when you say pressure adjustments what are you aiming your dry hot pressures at? I generally aim for 27.5 to 27.8 much lower or higher can get quite slippery, at times you will be stuck out of the ideal window and need to deal with it. But in regular fairly predictable track conditions its quite maneagable to get pressures close enough to the ideal window.

10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

27.8. Turning slow corners is quite juddery with a big MP field. My pedals are always a bit spiky too :(

11. This whole time I thought the subject title was a clicking problem...

I enjoy GT-series, LMP, with a side of rally and F1 so I do fine across any of those. Other classes have not been simulated often otherwise they would be more appealing.

All that matter is you finish the race... in the end it is all experience building.
    If you dont drive the car right you will experience understeer, oversteer, etc.
    I dont adjust the car until I have improved myself.

Both are good titles in my opinion... one is hardcore realistic and the other is hardcore while being arcade racer friendly.
    Either one can provide a sim experience.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  12. I run a T500RS as well...

1. is the TM control panel set to defaults and 900?

2. is the game FFB set to defaults and configured to match TM's 900?

If your wheel is improperly configured that could be why you feel the cars are not performing well.

Also note that ACC's FFB is not as detailed as AC's by a good bit. If you expext to feel AC's level of FFB that would explain one thing.
    ACC has always felt a bit numb/mute in comparison.

Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  13. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I use a T500RS too and it doesn't feel fantastic. Would you mind sharing your T500RS settings please? Maybe there is something I/we overlooked. Or are you just 100% default? Thanks!

14. Honestly I had completely wiped all my ACC save files and started a new configuration after all these patches.
    So my FFB settings (latest driver/firmware) are defaults for TM and ACC with matching 900° if I recall right.
    Matching results in 1:1 scaling within the sim.

ACC is too basic when it comes to FFB settings or else I would have a more impressive response.

The main thing is not to go crazy on FFB levels because it will cause clipping.

ACC has been the least impressive feeling FFB title I own.
    AC with CSP gyro on the other hand is amazing.

What is yours?

15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

T500RS here - settings

Thrustmaster
    Forces overall 57%
    constant/periodic 100%
    spring/damper 0%

ingame
    gain 40%
    dyn damp 25%
    333hz

and it feels fantastic ;)

anthony galmiche likes this.
  16. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

T500RS also:

Thrusmaster Control Panel:

overall strength 59%
    Constant / Periodic 100%
    Spring / Shock absorber 0%

ingame:
    Gain 70%
    Force min 0%
    Amortization dyn 0%

Frequency 333Hz

And as @sissydriver says it feels fantastic for a 9 year old steering wheel.
    The feeling is excellent.

sissydriver likes this.
  17. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

I race exclusively MP, sometimes I finish sometimes I don't (either through my cock up or someone elses)

I'm in that funny position of be being about half a second to a second a lap slower than the fast guys but the same ahead of those behind me.
    It's fustrating at times because I'm in limbo after a few laps with nobody to race for long periods but I persist so as to get to those ahead (slowly getting there).

I do agree about the 'feel' though, after 1.12 the feel seems to have changed, especially rear end (I drive the 911), so much less connection, less predictable and knowing what it's doing.

I had over 1500hrs on AC, made countless skins (some incorperated into the game by Kunos), took massive amounts of space on my HD etc but I went back to retry it and found I couldn't get on with it.

sissydriver and f1webberfan like this.
  18. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

You just have to try harder. The good thing is that you can always have a good fight around the 20th place.:)

f1webberfan likes this.
  19. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

My say on this ... is that Kunos are still working on it ... and you should too!
    I have driven about the same time in ACC as you and I have about 500 driving hours on AC, mainly slow road cars. :) I also find AC more enjoyable and easy to drive on the limit.
    Just as @Chris 576 said, with ACC, I am in this situation that, after the 1st few laps carnage, I am too slow to catch up the front guys and consistent enough to stay in front of the slower drivers behind, making things really 1 man show.
    1 of my biggest problems, in general, is that I am an early brake-r. Yes, I carry more speed out of the corner but could be outbraked easily ... Until about 1.4! After that I am watching at my replays from now and before 1.4 and I am like:"Is it me braking that late?! What is going on?!!!!??"
    I also use the aggressive setup and lower the fuel. I don't even play that much with pressure, if at all.
    I am still not able to understand what happened and why.
    My point? Well maybe indeed you just started to scratch the surface. GT3 is a narrow category and with every category that is that narrow and a lot of people play it, it can lead to higher level of competitiveness - therefore overall higher average skill level.
    Also play a bit more with your hardware. I have a G27 and by simply lowering the dynamic damping at about 60-70% I am now able to catch big slides and I am still in control of the car, instead of just crashing out or spinning.
    Sorry my post is that long but ... I think we are in the same boat on this. :)
    Still ACC is a pretty good game.

Chris 576 and sissydriver like this.
  20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

After endless hours of watching Aris' streams and trying to understand as much as possible, thats my summary:

The information the wheel gives you is the information that the real drivers have. They dont complain much bout FFB (Perel, Heitkötter for example).
    If someone struggles with the FFB --> maybe his settings are way off.
    Maybe he has to adjust to the way how to drive these cars. Very sensitive in overdriving and so on.
    Once you understand how they work --> Sound + graphics + FFB = ImmersionDeLuxe.
    Thats whats happening to me. Tried yesterday Barcelona with Godzilla Special Event. Was ~650th and wanted to improve.
    Nearly 45mins later ~350th.
    And it was so intense, i was a little tired, stressed from the day, and ACC delivered.
    Again and again.
    @WallyM - there must be something on your side. Maybe you are too used to AC? It needs some hours to have fun in ACC. Its so different.

David Danser and fsuarez79 like this.