1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC isn't clicking for me

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by WallyM, Jun 8, 2020.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Thanks to everyone for the replies. What I wanted I guess was enough motivation and inspiration to persevere.

I think this is it. Switching between AC and ACC (league races each week in both) is not helping, I feel.

2. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

I try not to drive them back-to-back - I have a weekly league in AC but play ACC most nights on public MP servers (increasingly a bad idea for my safety rating given the driving standards, but that's a different story). The evening I did ACC and then straight to my league race in AC, I was awful.

I echo what others have said about putting in the hours - the cars can be *really* hard to drive on the aggressive presets but it rewards in the long term.

WallyM likes this.
  3. Cesare_RS

Cesare_RS Rookie

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes, depends from track to track and from car to car, the behavior is quite tricky almost "artificial". You'd expect that an heavy race car with sticky tires will grip very well but you just get caught by some random and unpredictable slips, low grip, etc. That appear to be more evident in some slow speed corner when, I assume, the areo isn't working well. Things that I've never saw even with my miata on the snow!

My take on this is that those thing have been somewhat added artificially to increase the game difficult and make it more interesting, because in a simulation you don't feel the forces that came into play like when you are driving in real life.
    Since the tension of driving the real thing on a race track with thousand eyes on you is missing, they've must add something else to gave some immersion.

In fact, who wants a game that doesn't test yourself and forces you to work to extract the best experience?

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

4. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I had a similar feeling for ages, kept trying to get into ACC but it just wasn’t right somehow. Then some genius ported RHM to ACC and I think for me that was the final piece I was missing.

Also a T500 user here, I have been happy with it in AC for a long time using LUT so when that was implemented it got me a lot closer to where I wanted to be, but I couldn’t get comfortable in the car due to the view jumping around in a ridiculously unrealistic manner.

Keep at it!

WallyM and LATE4APEX like this.
  5. Have to try these since I'm starting from scratch after all the patches since release.

Edit:
    add quotes, thought multi-quote was automatic

6. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

Not sure I agree with that - I think GT3 cars can and do slide around quite a lot at low speed. Have a look at the in car cameras of the likes of David Perel (and others) IRL and you can see him really working the wheel at low speeds. Seemingly "unpredictable" slips in ACC can easily be down to a huge number of things - tyre temps, ambient/track temps, tyre pressures, tyre wearing, your inputs at that moment, the setup you're running...

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  7. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

"You'd expect that an heavy race car with sticky tires will grip very well but you just get caught by some random and unpredictable slips, low grip",
    Compared to any road going sports car GT3 race cars have tones of grip, loads of it in fact. It never is infinite tho, on the sim you don't feel anything, you tend to push and go over it without even realizing it, there is just so much more in car movement irl than you think there is, we tend to thing that GT3 cars are those planted beasts that are super hard to "un-grip", 100% correct, they are, but that doesn't mean they drive like on rails, those cars are on the limit all the time and moving, sliding, jumping sometimes, its all hard and visceral, from the outside it looks like on rails, on the inside tho being in the car you feel every little change of slip angle even before the moment when form the outside car begins to slide, drivers are all the time on the limit and playing with it, looking for every possible way they can get closer to the ultimate,
    in sim, the feedback as good as it can be is so much more limited and harder to understand, in the link above just see in sector 1 how much that Labmo is moving around, from the outside its like one smooth line, on the inside its on the limit all the time.
    I assume in sim-racing people with limited understanding of the limit (which also differs from sim to sim which isn't really helping) always want to push straight away, its natural but you don't feel anything, ok you do through FFB but its so much less than what you get IRL, and cars do slide a lot IRL, a lot doesn't mean with big angles but they do do that often with tiny ones when driver is on that limit of grip and tyre's slip angle, + there are so many different factors that define how car behaves but just look again at that Lambo onboard and tell how many times you saw someone drive and play with the car on the limit like that in the sim, its very rare, of course it is, its bloody difficult thing to do in a sim with limited feedback about what car is doing,
    those slides and low grip situations you was talking about are probably caused by a lack of awareness and reaction for those kind of grip loss that becomes bigger and bigger causing low speed spin (that actually IRL can happen and its common to see that kind of spin if driver doesn't react to it)
    PLS nobody take it personal it's just another rant :p :p

SimGuy_1, aotto1977, JanR and 4 others like this.
  8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Cesare_RS - Your guesses are very strange to put it politely o_O

ninja'ed by tortellini.... he is faster on the track. thats okay.
    but here in the forum again??? :eek:
    ;)
    :cool:
    :p

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  9. Cesare_RS

Cesare_RS Rookie

Don't get me wrong, the game is fantastic, and personally I find the behavior of the car in wet better than in the dry. (I've did a 24h race with several hours of rain and it was a ton of fun) My advice is that some cars are difficult to master than others so stick to what you find comfortable and try to progress. But I have to say that sometimes the edge is, let's say, too edgy?
    As you said, people tend to go too fast too soon. Improving step by step is the key.

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

10. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Gentlemen racers tend to be 4-10 seconds off the pace, not sure what your point is. Just because senior drivers can do 1:55s at Monza with a setup that would understeer off a motorway, it doesn't mean you're supposed to be comfortably on the limit challenging aliens.

chksix, SimGuy_1, Tim Larsen and 6 others like this.
  11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

@Maciej Malinowski Barcelona video is a good example, for instance turn 13.

The slide at low speeds occurs on corners with tight angles, combined with a very good amount of steering input, hard/late braking that can be followed by hard/fast acceleration in low gears, so all the ingredients for a slide are present.

The receipt usually is pitch, roll and unbalanced car when hard braking/accelerating; the tyres can stand only so much, and once the slip angles goes to extremes the car slides.

12. Wow, I was beginning to wonder if you guys were around the forums at all these days.
    Glad you guys/gals are still around.

When or if you have a moment, there is some confusion about ACC system requirements which is stirring up some debate that could use clarity from an official source in the following thread.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...lap-of-any-scenario.63993/page-2#post-1142147

Thanks.

13. Id like to see footage of a few laps from the guys sharing the OP's experience with oversteer/understeer, grip, downforce, etc.

If you can't stream a video to YouTube then I'm sure some of us in this thread can meet up online, discord, etc for some laps to see whats going on and help out.

14. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

@WallyM can be that maybe you are a getting little tired of driving GT3 cars. Don't worry you vitamin is coming soon!

WallyM likes this.
  15. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I would share the view that the FFB difference between the two sims is part of what's going on. It will no doubt depend on how you have it tuned up in both AC and ACC of course, and indeed different wheels quite likely give different amounts of variation in the overall experience, just to add confusion.
    With my G27 I found it quite hard at first to get faster in ACC, having been very familiar with AC. Eventually, more or less by chance, I tried turning the wheel less and found that I got a little bit quicker and my CC went up quite a lot. It became clear that my judgement of where the "sweet spot" is located (based on AC experience) was just wrong for ACC. This then screwed me up when I went back to AC of course! :):rolleyes:
    (On a good day I'm probably 1-2% behind the aliens.)

WallyM and sissydriver like this.
  16. Jaye

Jaye Alien

@WallyM always nice to remember a name from good old AC times. Checked my profile and yeah this is my first post after April 2018.

So I've stopped AC/simracing around 1.5 years ago with 1,700 hours in it, bought ACC when it was on early access but never played it because of missing triple support. Now, due to corona and that I need my gaming place for work, my rig needed to move away and I decidedto go for VR. And because of loosing also all my AC setups I've decided to go for ACC directly.
    So my old hardware is struggling with VR, but the immersion is already so fine that it made click for me and already planning a new computer when the new gpu generation will come out.

But in the beginning it was also more like wtf is going on to me, because I was quick in AC and loved to drive gt3 in leagues and big endurance events. First big problem was steering in slow corners and a very bad performance on tracks I could drive with closed eyes years ago. After a couple of hours and already near to uninstall it, I've seen by accident that stability control was on 100%. This was the first I've changed in the beginning, but somehow it was active again. Maybe worth a check. Now with the Lamborghini and aggressive setup (just adjustments to tyre pressures, lower ride height and lower wing) it was getting better and better, also lowering the steering value in setup helped a little bit together with low TC values. But I'm also still fighting a little with some corners like ascari in Monza, because it feels like the car won't turn as I want it to do. And yeah some things are really bad explained in-game like brake pads, which made me also feel like a noob in multiplayer with the early brake points I've needed at first.

So quick summary:
    ACC feels more natural to me compared to my AC memories, less digital in pedal usage. FFB is also fine after following the advice in aris video. Nearly 100 hours now and I'm already doing very well again on some tracks and I'm nearly platinum now with only two CP races and low RC rating. It's IMHO worth it to get making it click.

17. ACC has its issues, its trying to be a proper SIM racer but for casual gaming its missing some basics (mulitplayer quality of life from 2010 would be enough). The cars though have issues and when you try to be precise in a sim and miss its difficult to then put up with the other aspects of the game. The tyres just don't grip, anyone driving the Porsche will know the experience, you just have to watch some videos of real GT3 cars then look at how the sim behaves, its close but its not perfect and still many issues remain in the game that don't seem to get resolved.

Probably why games like project cars are going down the Gran Tourismo route and making a racing game with sim features rather than a Sim game with lacking features as at the end of the day you want to enjoy your time in a game not have to fight it. Maybe the expectation is too much for ACC but it is not clicking, i'd agree with that.

XettMan likes this.
  18. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Wh
    What you mean Porsche feels like it’s tyres don’t grip? Since when lol? Also which tyres and at what situations? No grip is kinda bad explanation tbh

19. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I'm not sure if this is worth looking at, but I noticed in AC when I had the wrong FOV and then later started using an FOV that was calculated correctly my lap times spiked a little and I think it was in general an improvement in lap times.

20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

chksix and After_Midnight like this.