1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC isn't clicking for me

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by WallyM, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Cesare_RS

Cesare_RS Rookie

Ok, I will add this thread to the "this game is the real thing, you're too bad for it" list.

Instead the list "you are struggling? I've got some tips for you" looks almost empty.

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

2. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

This is what many people don't get.
    the real life skills don't immediately and directly affect how good you are in a sim.
    These real drivers are used to different throttle,brake & clutch pedals NOT only this but the wheel they have in IRL car is most probably is very different in shape.
    These real drivers have G forces acting on them which is not possible in a sim.
    In sim you have FFB giving vast majority of feedback.
    These real drivers have car setup by PRO engineers and mechanics.

This is why it is mostly useless to get an opinion of real drivers (unless they are hardcore sim nerd).
    Most important thing is data provided by real engineers and if game/sim follows it closely i don't care what real drivers say.
    As for ACC it has received constant support in regards of REAL data PLUS some real drivers who knows what to look for in sim have given positive feedback.
    If you remove the forces on real car they will probably feel same as they do in sim and THIS is what real drivers should be capable of....which is impossible.hence data shows the truth.

lero, dek, David Danser and 3 others like this.
  3. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

you didn't NOT ask for any tips instead your straight up doubting the authenticity of ACC.
    ACC or any other sim will NEVER be 100% realistic but as far know it the best in market yet.
    How many hours you got in ACC ?

Henrikf likes this.
  4. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

I remember the time when I was at a party and people pushed me into challenging them on Guitar Hero.

Being quite a decent guitar player, everyone (except me tbh) expected me to pwn them all.

Boy, did I fail hard. :rolleyes:

5. Cesare_RS

Cesare_RS Rookie

I didn't say that. For me the game is fantastic and gave me a lot of fun. I don't know how many hours I've in it, probably not so much even if I got the game since early access. I just said, as you did, that it will never be realistic and it have a steep learning curve wich make it so challenging . I'm just tired of fanboys.

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Lol. Also my experience in simulator 100km/h feels like i'm walking but IRL it is completely different story at same speeds especially on motorcycle...it is quite thrilling and scary.

7. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Understable mate. if you got game since EA you have probably long time in it and probably good at driving as well.
    I don't want look like a fanboy,my bad.
    there are somethings even i doubt and think could be unrealistic.
    This is why i come on forums to get opinions.

8. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Having seen that your question went unanswered, I was curious and googled it.
    Jordan Taylor appears to have made the remarks quoted above while talking about rF2. He has also streamed himself playing iRacing.
    I still haven't played rF2 and don't know how its "accuracy" compares to ACC, but the last time I played iRacing (several years now) I was really disappointed with the physics.
    For sure though I agree with you that sims vary a LOT in the accuracy of their physics, and real drivers have certainly complimented ACC.

9. Would be good if you could access the server list too.....

10. Nebulozny

Nebulozny Racer

Ha ha this happened to me, after 25 yrs of playing guitar and gigging for years...it was so awkward and without any kind of feedback sense in terms of playing. Everyone was like hey don't you play guitar for like 20 yrs...how come you are this s***?

aotto1977 likes this.
  11. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Drums were a different story tho if you had any experience in the real thing. I made a mod drum pedal based on a real one and was able to play on expert almost every song :D

aotto1977 likes this.
  12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Well I had a good 1 hour long race recently after upgrading my CPU from an i5-4690 to an i5-9600. The car felt much more precise, especially in slower corners. I could hit apexes with much more confidence. I am assuming that the increased CPU power gave the game a little more fluidity that made the car easier to control more precisely.

One good race is too small a sample size to really tell, but so far I'm optimistic.

Guidofoc, Jaye, tjr and 4 others like this.
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Agree with the rest but I don't think this really applies. A lot of pro drivers are successful as pro drivers in part because they can adapt to a car quickly and can be competitive with very limited mileage. They drive far less in real cars than aliens do in sims. And simracing peripherals are more realistic than they've ever been, down to exact wheel replicas for each car.