1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC looks terrible...

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by eRacer212, Jul 15, 2020.

1. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I have a question, is ACC one of those games that only look good in 4k?
    In my 1080 monitor it looks like crap all maxed out. PC2 and even rFactor 2 look better.

I connected it to the big telly in the living room once, and it looks awesome at 4k. But at 1080 looks terrible. I see the eye candi screenshots and video captures from youtubers and I wonder... what am I missing here?

2. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Well... give us some input. ;)

Show us your setting, your screenshots, your videos, your hardware. It's hard to tell what went wrong out of thin air.

holnivek, jaxx_za, F1Aussie and 2 others like this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

what screen percentage are you setting for 1080p..?

4. Stains

Stains Simracer

1080p does look a little soft (blurry), if you have enough GPU to push higher, run the resolution scaling at 110% or more really helps!

5. jesker

jesker Gamer

try to play without TAA/KTAA, set off motion blur and 105 to 110% sharpness, anti aliasing makes blurry and introduce some ghosting effect. if you are using a lower resolution scale try to set it at 100% or above even if you need to reduce some other settings (i think some medium setting with 110% of resolution are better than epic settings on 80% resolution scale, but it depends on you and your monitor).
    in my opinion this game actually has the best graphic in the simracing market.

6. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Hi, sorry for the late replies, tons of work (which is not bad in these times)

Thanks for your inputs, that's very kind of you. But I was already applying all this. I recon 1080p gaming is becoming obsolete.

I run the game with all maxed out, 130% resolution and 120% sharpening. Looks blurry 50 meters away in front. Looks like crap to be honest

BIG UPDATE, my wife told me I can return to the living room :D which means I can use the 4k HDR, because my rig is now one of those foldable Next Level Racing. Sturdy heavy foldable bastard, best foldable rig ever.

So now I can play at 4k hdr and I can answer my own question. This game is most definitely thought to play at 4k. All you need is shadows, and distance to the shadows and a bit of post processing to get a very decent picture. It looks spectacular even in the minimum settings.

The trade off is 60hz frequency, but I gave up in racing competitive anyway (too much stress for what?).

Can anyone explain me why I make more mistakes in a big screen? It feels so real by the way.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  7. jesker

jesker Gamer

i'm using a 1080p monitor, if everything it's blurry in the front try to set on the advanced sharpness filter which should improve the sharpness on long distance objects and background.

8. Stains

Stains Simracer

Input lag most probably! If you've come from a monitor to a 4k TV you will most likely have a much higher input lag and slow response time!
    I went from 55" 4k Sony TV to 40" 4k monitor to triple 27" monitors and going from the 55"TV to 40" monitor was huge in terms of lag and response but then down to the 1080p 27's was another step to a surprising better feeling sim experience.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  9. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I know what you mean, and I'm absolutely convinced that you are right. But.... I don't think I can give up a big screen... feels like being inside the car for real.

I mean, my whole reason for going into simracing is that I want to finish (not even dreaming with winning) a 24 H Nürburgring race at least once in my life. That's my goal. To me, to feel that I'm inside the car is the most fascinating experience. It does not make me competitive, but is enjoyable.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  10. Stains

Stains Simracer

I agree about wanting the feeling of being in the car ! I also had a Rift CV1 inbetween the 55" and 40" screens and it had that "in the car feeling" like no other but it was what was down the road that didnt feel right , it was far too blurry 20 meters in front of the car ! Going from the all those options to now the 27" triples is by far the best move as far as "being in the car" and being able to see down the road ! For me its triples or nothing now , in order i would go triples , 40" flat screen , VR then the 55" . I haven't tried a newer HMD like a Reverb or the like but they still have the isolation and heat of having something strapped to my head , so until VR is glasses im sticking with triples :) I would like some 1440p monitors but i think we are still a generation of GPU performance away from being able to run sims like ACC or AMS 2 at 11 million pixels above 60fps .

Snoeipaard likes this.
  11. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

I run a similar system to yours and can highly recommend using the VR-Epic preset with 300 sharpening. It is a very good compromise between clarity and performance.

I run stock Oculus settings and use the Oculus VR, so not the Steam VR.

12. Stains

Stains Simracer

Thanks mate but I'm a triples convert now ;) no going back.

13. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

That's right, only a sharp filter can help in this situation. UE4 that MotoGP20 works on has the same problem - at 100% resolution the graphics have total blurry.

14. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Sorry for the late reply, as I'm just reading this. I hope this can still be of use for you.

It most probably is because of what @Stains allready said, the input lag and response time.

However, most TVs nowadays have a Game Mode in which a lot of your TVs mumbo jumbo gets switched off in order to achive the best gaming performance and because off this the responce time (and therefore the input lag as well) goes way down. So you could try (if you haven't already) switching your TV to Game Mode as well.

The response time on my cheap 4k TV goes down to 8ms in Game Mode, which makes a huge difference.

To test the effect it has on your TV, you can bring up the ingame steering wheel and check the difference in delay on your steering inputs.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020