1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC make photo's during race or replay

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by GerdM, Nov 26, 2021.

1. GerdM

GerdM Rookie

Hi there

I'm new to the whole Photo mode thing in Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione and have some newbie questions regarding taking photos in ACC.

I'm wondering how to be able to make pictures in Assetto Corsa Competizione when I join as a 'spectator'? I've read something that the spectator-password is needed to get this access? That's right?
    And then the following stupid question... where do I get such a password?

Is it better/easier to makes images while watching the replay of a race (on thus not during a race)? And if so, how can I get my hands on such a replay?

Thank you.
    Gerd

2. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Welcome on the forum. Follow the rules and link your Steam account, please.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/general.1/category
    It's the same thing everywhere - for Cinema HUD use F7 and middle mouse button.

It depends on server settings: there may be spectator mode and slots enabled or not. It is password protected.

Join or contact the server admin, league or whoever is running the server. But it does not work like that, forget about spectator access. Spectator mode is designed for live admin, live refereeing, streaming with live commentary and things like that. Not to take pictures, it would be waste of resources. Use replay file for that.

Yes!

Join single race, league, community (or just race in singleplayer). Race. Save your own replay (manually or automatically). Or take replay from league recources (it is common to share replays for incidents reviews, but don't expect that kind of resources will be made public for random people outside of the league). Watch replay, take pictures.

3. GerdM

GerdM Rookie

Thank you Ecnelis for the info!
    I've connected my Steam-account.

Concercing the replay-files, I think it is more suited to make images; you can switch to other cars and camera views. A replay on Youtube is fixed...
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

You can do that in live session, too, not only in replay mode.

Youtube replay is just a movie, often with low quality and bad compression. You can still make screenshots from it, if you like it.

You need to put a replay file into game documents folder, if you download it from any source (Users\{your-user-name}\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Replay). Or save your own replay in game (manually or automatically). Run replay - "Gallery" in game menu - and have fun with picture mode and free camera (Cunema HUD - use middle mouse button to activate it, free camera - F7, arrows, mouse wheel).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  5. GerdM

GerdM Rookie

Just like iRacing? While the others are driving, you can pause to take picture?

6. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

I don't know how iRacing works. In ACC you cannot watch live session and "pasue" it. But you can run replay in live session without leaving the server, and then you can do whatever you want, pause, rewind, watch in slow motion.

Here's how the Cinema HUD was working some time ago:

In the lastest 1.8 update Cinema HUD was reworked and it's a bit different now.

7. GerdM

GerdM Rookie

Okay, looks to have the similar technique as iRacing.
    Thanks Ecnelis.