1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

ACC Manual

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by max21, Sep 26, 2019.

1. DiRTyDRiVER

DiRTyDRiVER Hardcore Simmer

Turk, cobrettee, Jack_NL and 2 others like this.
  2. Johnnie Dax

Johnnie Dax Rookie

This is a very good idea, but should not really be necessary. All complex simulations should have a User Manual detailing all functions of the simulation. From how to choose teams right through to how to set up your wheel and pedals etc. This should be supplied by the developers of the simulation.

Please don't take this as a rejection of your fine idea and I wish you well with it and look forward to its assistance when playing the simulation.
    Good luck and thanks.

3. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Some years ago I went to buy the TFX flight sim and when the guy from the store pick the box he asked, do this came with a spare part of the airplane?

Luis Branco likes this.
  4. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Sure it would be nice but i don't think this will happen.. just look at AC... there is the same Issue. Many things are Documented from the Dev's in the Forum but it's hard to find and it's always just in English. Sure for us who are Online here English is not the Problem. But for many others who don't understand English well will not have the chance to get the right Informations they need to get the best out of the Game.

Anyway thanks to Heiko for his work.

5. Kondor999

Kondor999 Gamer

It’s pretty strange that the game doesn’t have any sort of manual. 99.9% of people (even people who once drove competitively IRL, ahem) aren’t going to understand the difference between “TC1”, “TC2” and the various engine maps (for instance).

These cars are complex and there needs to be some sort of reference manual to help players understand what all the different settings do.

There’s also no documentation re: the game settings themselves. It’s left to the user to figure out (via laborious trial and error) what things like “Dynamic Dampening” do.

It would also be nice to have something detailing the rules of the Blancpain series.

It’s hard to understand why someone would release a complex simulator, and then require their customers to comb through hundreds of forum posts to understand WTF is going on.

Forza et al can get away with this approach, but with ACC it’s a recipe for frustration.

bgil66 and surtic86 like this.
  6. Max_Bon

Max_Bon Gamer

I'm full of agreement

7. Turk

Turk Alien

I haven't seen a manual for software in a long time. Adobe photoshop doesn't come with a manual either. You either have to buy a course or find free help online. Most the information about how the GT cars and blancpain series works is out there somewhere.

I agree though, it would be hugely helpful to have more information on a lot of things. That information was even there in the past when you hovered over things. I can only imagine something is in the works. It's a pretty big task though, we sort of need a blancpain manual, a manual for each of the cars and then a manual for the the software itself.