1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Network AI

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by paulieGTR, Sep 29, 2018.

Tags:
?

Would any users be interested in running the AI in this way, if the option was available to you.

1. yes

21 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. no

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Hi there.

Is there the possibility in ACC to have a Networked PC handling large fields or fields of AI.
    ie. my main sim rig running ACC and the networked/lan PC running the AI.

This in theory should allow users to bump up visual quality/settings,
    knowing the AI won't be impacting cpu/fps(to an extent) on the main PC.

I've always ran FSX in this way, having a couple of PC's running addon AI traffic, maps etc.

tia...

2. ozzyneil

ozzyneil Gamer

Ha, i just posted this in another thread, I wasn't sure if it's possible, but sounds like it is.Wouldn't worry me a bit having multiple pc's running.

Would be nice if the NO voters could explain why they chose NO.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  3. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

That sounds like a way overengineered feature to support only a few guys with low end computer(s) in a very specific setup, I personally prefer Kunos to solve other million things first.

I recommend you to either:
    1. Play only online if your computer cannot handle AI.
    2. Buy a better computer.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  4. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

People have been running simulations this way for decades, nothing to do with underpowered andor low end PC's, as you call it.
    Next time... pls try and think out of your own box before answering in a thread.
    It's not really the first time you've posted a nonsense in this forum eh.

I can imagine the response and look you would get, saying that to a race engineer. o_O:oops::rolleyes:
    Ask any dev, they can never have enough resources and they'll always want more.
    Again, nothing to do with low end or underpowered PC's.

fwiw... i have been running AC and ACC with triples and have had no problems nor complaints.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    mms and ozzyneil like this.
  5. ozzyneil

ozzyneil Gamer

Will you be able to run full graphics and a full field of AI in VR (not yet available i know) at a steady 90FPS with your high end computer?

paulieGTR likes this.
  6. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Asked people to answer why they vote no but then ask people to shut up because they disagree with you.

Grow up guys.

Typer and D.Jankovic like this.
  7. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Let's start by saying... no-one told you to "shut up".

You said "a feature to support only a few guys".
    Pls tell me where you got your sample data/statistics from. :rolleyes:

So whether you thought through what you wrote or not...
    You've failed to see the reason behind networking the simulation andor the benefits that come it.

mms likes this.
  8. ozzyneil

ozzyneil Gamer

9. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

The way you explain this kind of feature makes it sound like it will only benefit the tiniest fraction of the userbase that even have the required hardware to be wishing for such a feature, which is why most will just vote no, most people just have a single pc and it's plenty enough for them.

But isn't this basically being able to have AIs to drive against on servers? I guess a lot more people would be interested in that than your proposed use of this feature.

baboon likes this.
  10. ozzyneil

ozzyneil Gamer

Would be nice to have an option, if you want a field of 40 cars at spa with day night and rain in VR or 4K, something like this idea would help the load on your own PC.
    Its about options, not about being this way or not. Why did they do it in FSX, to give the option to run more AI traffic, if your not interested in more AI traffic then you don't choose the option.

11. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

If you want an echo chamber of people thinking the same than you then the internet is not the right place.

Making this personal about my opinions in other threads is borderline pathetic.

You should not judge what is nonsense after making a proposal about a crazy overengineered distributed AI solution in an early access game, in which BTW most people will play competitive online; and getting mad because someone disagrees with you.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  12. ozzyneil

ozzyneil Gamer

I actually asked about why you'd vote no and If your first reply had been constructive and not condescending then maybe you wouldn't be in this situation.

13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

I vote now just because i prefer that kunos spend their resources and time working in many other things, imho more important than this.

Typer and mkotechno like this.
  14. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

The question is falsy anyways. If you ask people if they want something "for free" then most likely everyone answer yes.

If the question was honest would be something like
    "Do you prefer Kunos to implement distributed nerwork AI instead of other most requested features?"
    ...because there is no budget for everything.

Anyways Kunos will prioritize features based on many other things than a forum poll.

15. baboon

baboon Alien

Yes that makes much more sense for all users. Or even a network of servers, cloud AI?

16. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

It might surprise you how many people have spare PC's(required hardware) lying around gathering dust, or are being utilised in other sims.
    This can come through years and years of building and upgrading them.

If this is one of the first PC's someone has owned or built, then yes, maybe they won't have a spare one lying around and i understand that.
    However, if you look on the AC forums, you'll probably notice a great number of people that use a spare PC as a dedicated server at home(not rented).
    There's even folks that have used cheap Raspberry pi's. :eek::)

Saying that...
    this isn't about having AI to race against on servers, we can do that with the main PC as it is.
    This is about taking the load from the the main PC that's running ACC. :)
    false, not honest... o_O

Why would you accuse a person of that and why would it need to be, "instead of other features".
    But, if something was being given away for free, I wouldn't blindly accept it, just because it is free.
    So to assume "most likely everyone(your words)" would be as gullible to accept a freebie...

Anyways...
    I do agree, that base features will be pioritized. :)

17. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

As I've been trying to point out in another thread, it might not be the physics or AI calculations that puts a burden on the system, but simply rendering the cars.

Try the following:

In the video options, set the visible opponents to '1'.

A. Set up a race against one opponent and note the performance.

B. Now change the race options to 20 opponents, but leave the visibility at 1. This is now doing all the physics and AI for a full grid, note the performance again.

C. Finally try the single race with a full grid, but change the opponent visibility back to 'all'.

When I tried this A and B were reasonably close (less than 10%) difference, which suggests the AI physics doesn't have that big an impact. What was much more significant was the difference between B and C, which suggests it's actually *rendering* the other cars which causes systems to struggle. In the latter case you'd expect the performance to get close to 'B' if fewer cars were on-screen but that doesn't happen, it only improves slightly. No idea why.

18. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

That's interesting Brun and thanks for your input.

If this is reproducible on other machines then what we may need,
    is options to set individual car details for the AI cars.

We know it's only the first build of EA, but here's hoping Kunos is absolutely on this(if it's good data).:)
    With that being said...
    Hypothetically, this could affect all modes of play :eek: online also.

Of 'cos i'm sure the dev's will do some magic on the lods.

ps. not at my rig right now so cannot test,
    but when i do, I'll let you know my findings. :)

19. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

This would be a nice option. Anything that will give me some extra VR frames gets my vote.

I have a old laptop collecting dust, might as well use it.

paulieGTR likes this.
  20. Turk

Turk Alien

I've had the same thought myself. It only seems to be an issue for Kunos because the AI is more demanding than other sims. I could see a place for it in ACC especially.

Imagine your doing a endurance race but can't quiet make the numbers for driver swaps, or players that can't guarantee they'll be available in 2 hours time. It would be nice to be able to drop in an AI driver rather than lose that car from the race. Obviously the guy leaving can't host the AI, and the server may not be able to provide AI and host the race.

From the point of view of the server it doesn't really matter if the player connecting is AI or human, so there could be a AI server somewhere supplying AI drivers.

Kunos are developing unique AI, they could develop that into a sellable product.

All this stuff sounds easy when your on the outside. It's probably not. But it would be a cool feature.

alex bonner and paulieGTR like this.