1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Optimization

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Evil.Panda, Mar 29, 2019.

1. ▣ HiTzz

▣ HiTzz Gamer

I honestly guys dont really understand how your cpus struggle so much i have stock 4790k 32gb 1600mhz ram and gtx 1070. I run at 1080p max settings. Tried playing misano at clear sky with 28 ai and it ran quite good. started last so i can put max load on system and i had around 48-60 fps. No warning, nothing. Are you sure that your cpu is the problem?

2. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

A small update and a final couple of questions

I can now get around 90 to 110fps when I switch away from full screen mode and disable vsync however the stutter is bad. When I turn vsync on I seem to get around constant 60fps. So my questions now are how to eliminate stutter and maintain the higher FPS? Is it because I use a 40”1080p tv? If I get a widescreen monitor with higher hertz would I get the higher fps and retain smoothness?

Apologies for so many questions but I feel I’m close to really good settings

Thanks in advance
    Baz

PabloVND likes this.
  3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I mean no offense, but your questions are still (!) so generic that they can't possibly lead to a systematic "community support".

I advised you to learn the basics of PC performance monitoring with Afterburner here:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-optimization.55824/page-2#post-1038803

Why don't you do your "homework"?

Anyways, trying to help you one last time: without VSync and those high FPS around 90 - 110 you're either picking up tearing or stuttering (depends on Win10 settings). Without a FreeSync or GSync monitor, the best solution for smooth image is VSync. And there's nothing wrong with that, IMO. I don't "believe" in the benefit of FPS above the monitor's refresh rate.

My advice for you: stick with VSync and taylor your GFX settings for always 60 FPS in any scenario.

PabloVND likes this.
  4. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Try fast sync or borderless windowed with vsync off in game.

Levelup1 likes this.
  5. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

¿Scanline Sync Riva Tuner Statistics Server?

6. esox71

esox71 Alien

ACC is choppy if i don't lock my fps to 60, I got a 144hz monitor i get just under that when racing.

7. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

From my POV its already running quite smoothly :)

I had played it on a Ryzen 2600X, X470 Board, 16GB 3200 RAM, RX580 8GB GPU and it was running great at 2560*1440 with all almost all settings at ultra.
    Now i play it on my old I5 3570k, Z68 Board, 16GB 1866 RAM, RX580 8GB GPU and it is running fine at 2560*1440 with all settings at medium.

In Mulitplayer at least. I dont think that i will ever run "good" on the current I5 System against AI. But a 2600X would be just perfect. Maybe a GTX2070/RX590 for 2560*1440 is going to be ideal.
    Only with WMR VR it was only "acceptable" even with the 2600X System in Singleplayer during Hotlapping with no other Cars. And AC was the best VR Experience with simple plug&play...damn that really blowed me away :)

8. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Particles of spray in replay the biggest issue at the moment.

9. tpw

tpw Gamer

I get the same. With vsync disabled I can run at 80-100fps with occasional dips into the 70s, but everything is very choppy and jerky. Enabling vsync gives a very smooth 60fps, but with those incredibly annoying stutters into the 40s for 1/2 a sec or so, every few minutes.

LeDude83 likes this.
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Same here, with the exception that I use FreeSync, not VSync.

11. dek

dek Racer

Any sync is a no option for me because it intruduces input lag. I rather have some stutter here and there but cant drive with any kind of IL. Seems to be UE4 related as i have no stutter in the other competitors.

12. that's your settings for sure, mate.
    top your fps with your monitor refresh rate...LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    When you read about computer settings, be cleaver!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  13. guys vsync works very well. anyway you cannot get more fps than the ones your monitor can show: refresh rate(Hz).
    60 Hz monitor => 60 fps limiter + vsync
    144 Hz monitor => better to have freesync

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    LATE4APEX and mikendrix like this.
  14. the less fps you get the more input lag you should have, but the monitor is the bottleneck if 60 Hz.
    If 144 Hz find a smooth amount of fps you can run with 30 cars at rainy night, and you will be sure to have a good set.
    Decrease the graphic settings if you have to.
    I mean, my laptop is a ****, still I get 55 fps if I use 720p res.
    find your compromise.

15. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

It's exactlty what I do with my old 60hz screen, everything is smooth.
    I don't need more than 60fps since my monitor can't go over 60hz.

LATE4APEX and Salvatore Amato like this.
  16. Psit

Psit Alien

I only need 24fps because it feels cinematic. Like a movie. Sony said its awesome, no rly. :D

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  17. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Rain spray and night conditions still hit my FPS pretty hard. Hopefully further optimization about those can be done. Although I know they tend to take a toll on FPS, just wish it wasn't so :/

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  18. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

My sony 40" 1080p monitor is 50hz so what should I set my fps to?

Thanks in advance
    Baz

19. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

50hz = 50fps

20. dek

dek Racer

When I cap frames I notice ffb getting weaker and less detailed. Tried different values.