1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC - Preordered...or not? Reasons.

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Tonydoc10, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Tonydoc10

Tonydoc10 Racer

I've preordered.....despite the many well documented faults with AC I still believe it's the most authentic racing game on xbox. I have to admit I have concerns with the lack of info and gameplay footage however truth be told I'm still majorly pumped for it's release. Fingers crossed

2. I did, but I'm having second thoughts... I don't play online, and between no real footage, no solid information about whether basic utility functions like calibration and saving FOV settings will be included (and actually work), and a what seems like an underdeveloped career mode, I'm feeling less and less certain that this will be a good use of my entertainment dollars.

Audioslave and Tonydoc10 like this.
  3. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

I pre-ordered and my money was taken on the same day the news was released about there being no private lobbies in the game!! Was that coincidence or design

I'm still fighting with myself about whether to action a refund before it's available for download next Tuesday. Hugely disappointing news

4. Tonydoc10

Tonydoc10 Racer

Mines just arrived in the post today!! Due to family commitments won"t be able to try it out until tonight. Can't wait to get my hands on it

Hammerpgh and sissydriver like this.
  5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Hammerpgh - there are no private lobbies when it launches. Watch Aris stream yesterday. From 3:01:00 on. ;)

Hammerpgh and Tonydoc10 like this.
  6. Tonydoc10

Tonydoc10 Racer

Yeah watched that this am...sounds like they may be coming in the future. Just have to go with what we've got for the time being.

Hammerpgh and sissydriver like this.
  7. DR JR

DR JR Rookie

Hammer and I, being in many PCars2 series like many others on console, were really excited about ACC. Many of us preordered, and now many of us are requesting refunds.

Private lobbies are a huge part of any sim purely because of league racing. To push the preorders that they knew 99.9% of customers would buy and just completely fail to mention the lack of a key component was incredible.

There was another recent backlash with the "arcade" footage of PCars 3, but at least SMS took the time to address the concerns. Granted, they don't have everyone's money yet.

8. Hammerpgh

Thanks for the info. No good for league play then which is the only reason I and the group I race with pre-ordered. Don't have any interest in public lobby racing whatsoever.

Should have been there from the start and it certainly should have been highlighted that they weren't sooner than the day pre-order money was taken from accounts

Is there a link to that stream anywhere?

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Tonydoc10 and jaxx_za like this.
  10. Is there any way to map the buttons on my wheel to even LT/RT on XBOX? It seems like even on my stock TX wheel there are duplicates, so no point in something like the F1 wheel. It would be nice to just get look left/right, but I’m wondering if that’s an XBOB thing and not just an AC/ACC thing...

11. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

I'll wait for your impressions. I'm not convinced that the transition from 60 fps to 30 fps will be so simple and painless. I may be wrong, but I'm used to the higher frame rate of AC and Forza Horizon.

12. I'm curious now... of those who pre-ordered, how many of you have:
    1. Kept the game
    2. Cancelled your order before release
    3. Had your order refunded after release due to the game not functioning as expected

13. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Was going to wait for the bugs to be ironed out and delay ordering. Got to release day and folded, for a new version Bathurst. Feels good, looks ok, what a challenge.

14. Tonydoc10

Tonydoc10 Racer

I've kept the game and loving it so far. We all know 30 fps isn't ideal but compromises were always going to be made with a direct port from the pc. Hopefully this is just a test run for the next gen consoles where we will all be able to enjoy in its full glory.

15. DR JR

DR JR Rookie

I requested a refund.

I have been an AC fan since it was in Alpha and this is the first time I've requested a refund in over 13 years of XBL membership. It isn't even close to being in beta, much less a paid game.

Xbox One X in helmet cam has to be less than 30fps (single player with no other cars, dry). You have to unplug the USB every time you come back to the game to get the wheel to work. To play No Assist, you have to map 3 buttons (ignition, start, and pit limiter) to your wheel off the bat since button boxes are not accepted, or even a basic USB keyboard. No private lobbies. Etc etc. It's shockingly bad and the push for preorders for basic tracks prior to this has my refund request the easiest decision I've made in a long time.

16. Hammerpgh

I'm very disappointed so far. The 30fps looks to be much more of a problem then I envisaged. I thought I would be able to see past it after a while but it's such a difference that is tough to not be bothered by it.

The wheel problems are mad for a modern racing SIM.. we should not be having those sort of problems at all. It feels like a poorly ported PC version with little adaptation made for the console in terms of the interface. It's verycvery and unintuitive. I'm about to go on again now to try it again... Fingers crossed it can change my first impressions.

17. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

The price isn't actually very high, but I personally understand that I don't have any use for it, at least for the moment. I still keep it ACC, because I want to see if it evolves, if it will be made playable and immersive. To date I evaluate it as a bad imitation of projec cars. Everything is decoupled, as if you're watching a camera board on TV and with your steering wheel you're trying to imitate the steering wheel of the driver framed on TV.
    Television-viewer immersion.

The positive side of the story is the collateral development of driving skills. Try, if you can, playing half an hour straight with ACC. Then return to AC, and you'll discover the beauty of the finer, cleaner graphics. You will rediscover the beauty of having 60 fps. Remember the golden rule: more fps, more immersion. Here, now try to launch yourself as you always did with your favorite track car combo. You will be able to be faster than usual. This is what I got from acc: a training to improve my reflexes, and my steering eye coordination.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020