1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Release 0.3 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by th3o, Nov 4, 2018.

1. manudouet

manudouet Gamer

With Lambo you need to break very late and cross finger to be alive at the end of corners ^^. I love the fastest corner of misano where you can pass with full throttle but if you are scared and release throttle early it's a big crash. It's really enjoyable to drive in sim but it must be scary as hell IRL. High respect for Huracan race drivers.

2. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

The only spot I have trouble breaking with the Lambo is that corner you speak of Misano. Thing is that I still don't know whether this is some sorta issue in that specific point in the circuit or is just the characteristic camber of the tarmac in that point that makes you spin if you press the brakes before taking the last fast corner to the right. I mean you can spin here even by pressing the throttle very lightly and with the Bentley too, so I guess there's a physics problem in that particular spot, just like there were some problems in some particular spots of the track mesh of Nürburing that were already fixed in 0.2. Hoping for a Misano fix too in 0.3

Until they fix that spot at Misano, what I do with Lambo and Bentley both is keeping a straight line as much as possible, and before that last epic right brake very sightly and pray for not destabilizing the car before taking that corner.

3. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

2 days to go :)

Ischemica likes this.
  4. manudouet

manudouet Gamer

I was doing the same before but try 6th gear full throttle until the middle of the corner then full brake with your wheel straight, down to 3th gear (you can pass in 4th with good trajectory). I don't think it's a bug, down-force is a vicious thing ^^.

5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

it's time for some new dev's blog :D

CKraegel and fear_scarecrow like this.
  6. This update will be awesome. I'm very excited for the release of the M6.

7. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Hoping for an AI upgrade as well. I'm getting clipped from behind too often.

Son likes this.
  8. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I used to spin 1 out of 3 on that corner.
    What I discovered was using the FULL track helps a lot.
    Go to the far left (just touching the rumble strips) and cut the apex on the right and again go far left.
    As soon as you cut the apex (not on it) foot off the gas and press the brakes and go down to third (even second), just remember to go wide and keep the wheels straight.
    I think the spin is a combination of braking on the apex rumble strip (due to lack of grip or the front/rear tyre leaving the tarmac for a split second), plus weight transfer and steering.

An issue I have is corner 4, for some reason when I knock it down a gear (I go from 3rd to 1st) it doesn't recognise I have geared down from 3rd, so I have press it twice.
    It only happens on that one corner in the Bentley.

9. trutya

trutya Simracer

yes, AI doesn't handle well if you are on the inside having a significant overlap.
    i used to try passes at Misano in T4, i'm on the inside near the AI car but it just slams the door on me, sending into a spin usually. or if i'm harder i push him out a bit. the same in T8 or T10.
    there is room for improvement for AI to recignize if their position is lost and not fight for it like crazy...

but, only 2 days! i'm really hyped about that.

Whitestar likes this.
  10. ManroV

ManroV Gamer

I don´t think, that there is an issue with the track. I had problems with the corner as well, because I went in there too scared. I lifted the throttle on corner entry and crashed every time because my steering input was too high and the car suddenly wanted to turn like crazy. But I guess, the same thing would happen for example if you lift your foot off gas in the middle of blanchimont at Spa or mos other very fast corners.
    So you either have to stay on gas while going through the corner and hit the brakes as soon as the car is going straight. Or if you are in a racing situation and got no other choice other than to slow down you have to lift your foot off the gas before you enter the corner (if you want to be safe) and adjust your steering input accordingly.

About the cars:
    I really prefer the Lambo over the Bentley. One reason is sheer pace. With the Lambo I can do high 1:53 (mid 1:54 at best in race) on Nurb and high 1:33 (1:34 constantly in later stages of the race). With the Bentley im usually half a second slower. But I also like, how agressive the Lambo is. With the Bentley I feel more like cruising while with the Lambo I feel like a proper race driver :).

11. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Lambo feels more nimble and 'faster' although it basically is not which is what i love about GT3 cars and their different styles.
    I also prefer 'smaller' cars that feel agile as opposed to bigger ones like the Bentley or M6.
    But also looking forward to the AMG GT3, it's front engine, but a smaller car at the same time. I like those too.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  12. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Regardless of some particular characteristics that might feel bugged with the Lambo, one of the things the game is convincing me for the good are all about those nuisances with the old engine regardless areo physics being gone n this new instalment. These GTs handle better than those of assetto1. I have never driven a gt3 car of course needless to even insinuate the obvious, but man once the tyres are up to temp and you begin to go fast with confidence the car really makes you feel good, or satisfied perhaps some others will say, and it really feels realistic despite not having touched such cars, and probably never will.

In short. To focus on one single category is paying off like devs said in one stream in summer i think it was, in order to portray the handling of these cars into the virtual world paddock as faithfully as current tech allow you. I was one of those opposing the use of ue4 in a true sim, and oh boy the slap is being generous in just a 0.2 version. And this is just the beginning.

exited22 and fear_scarecrow like this.
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

14. FHarbor

FHarbor Gamer

Yup that corner is crazy in the Lambo. Even 'worse' in the rain, but fun nonetheless.

15. pons

pons Simracer

Miss the old R8

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It is only there because it is 2 days to the release of Paul Ricard.:)

17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I spent some time recently in AC learning the track well, before the update. I've never really spent enough time on it before now to fully appreciate what it has to offer. :)

18. pons

pons Simracer

Oh yes I know :) I just miss this version from real GT3 races. I think it looked perfect.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  19. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

2 days... :p

I hope there will be some ffb improvements !

Echo_29 likes this.
  20. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Michelin tyres now?, would certainly happy to see Pirelli tyres scrapped from competition eventually. General consensus has it Pirelli slicks are indeed not very good compared to the likes of Goodyear, Michelin etc