1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Glad to see some kind of basic stats, the sim really was screaming for it. It gives a kind of Gem+/Igor feel to ACC. I hope that you can keep the motivation to develop it even further with more stats, nice job.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  2. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Hi Doug, in .net there is a Windows API to get the location of the logged in user's documents folder. I can't remember the specifics off the top of my head; just search it.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  3. steevee

steevee Racer

I'd like to help, PM'd you

4. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

Hi Wally,
    I'm currently using %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Documents, which gets it on my PC, but other for users who have moved the folder, this doesn't find it. I'll try the API and see if that resolves it
    Cheers,
    Doug

5. MNFRMTMRRW

MNFRMTMRRW Gamer

This app is just what I need but I am not getting any updates from my SP sessions. Only my championship shows up in that tab. I tried some hotlaps, super hotlaps and stints but none of them updated. Even the quick race in SP I did doesn't show up. Am I doing something wrong? Running 1.07.

Update 1: no results show at all for hot stints, races and hotlaps. Even manual entries don't show in my sessions tab.
    Update 2: the moment I finish a session, ACC Result closes and when I re-open it my recently finished session doesn't show up. However, when I open the .json with Notepad, save it, ACC Results picks it up and shows me the results.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  6. Doug Duthie

Hotlaps won't be picked up (limitation of ACC), but the rest should. Can you go to %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Documents\ACCResults (will be something like C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\ACCResults). You should have one or two log files here (ACCResults.log and perhaps ACCResults1.log). Can you attach these here and I'll look for errors

>> I've had a look through the code, and from the symptoms, there look to be a few probable causes, but the current error reporting in that area isn't extensive, so it might take a few iterations to sort this. I've added much more extensive error logging in the forthcoming release which I'm currently testing.

A few more questions:-
    - Full path of the ACC data folder and ACC Results data folder (see above)
    - Windows version you are running on
    - Can you create files in the above data folders (in case it is a permissions problem)
    - Full contents of the ACCResults folder
    Cheers,
    Doug

7. MNFRMTMRRW

MNFRMTMRRW Gamer

Thanks Doug.

Regarding your questions:
    - C:\Users\flori\Documents\ACCResults and C:\Users\flori\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Results
    - Windows Version 1903
    - I can created files in those folders (e.g. new text file)
    - ACC Results folder has 1 file at the moment, I uploaded it. It had a few more but I deleted it to see if that made a difference.

To be more specific about the problems I run into:
    - I launch ACC results before I launch ACC main game and leave it open
    - The moment I complete a session, ACC Results closes / crashes? and no data is picked up. So one of my main question is what might possibly cause the app to close / crash the moment I complete a sessions and the game writes the data... I feel that this is key to solving my issue.
    - Manual entries don't get saved either. It says it was added with some longform number/letter configuration but they don't show up. I have added the error code from the log when I try this.
    - If I add sessions by opening ACC Results and then opening and saving one of the .json files in the Results folder, sessions do get added under Sessions. But the times only show up under Sessions tab and not under Circuits / Track (so I cannot easily see my fastest times per sector and car.

Already tried a few uninstalls / reinstalls. Also location of the Documents folder (was in Onedrive, now just local) but too no avail. It seems there are problems writing to the DB on my system.

Update:
    - While adding a manual lap time or when saving the .json in notepad this error always shows up in my log: "2019-09-03 23:39:46 ERROR ResultsDB.retrieveFastestLaps : Could not find lap detail in database".

Attached Files:

8. Doug Duthie

I think I’ve now got an idea what this might be.

Firstly, manual inputs...I found a bug in 0.2.3 where manual inputs weren’t properly displayed. This will be fixed in the next release.

Secondly, for the crash when completing a session. I’ve a pretty good idea what this might be now. The first think ARC does is try to determine the encoding of the ACC result file. For whatever reason, ACC doesn’t use consistent encoding between say the results, season and championship files. For some, it doesn’t have a byte order mark to announce the encoding used, so I try various different attempts until I find one that fits. In your case, i might have come across a false positive. When you edit the file in Notepad, that fixes the encoding, which would mean ARC could then read it

So I can verify this, can you zip up your ACC results and config folder, and I’ll check it out. Also, can you let me know the language/locale of Windows - this might have a bearing on the encoding
    Thanks
    Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  9. MNFRMTMRRW

MNFRMTMRRW Gamer

Here you go. Thanks for all the effort you put in.

Attached Files:

10. Doug Duthie

It looks like I won't get an update out until the weekend. I'm just testing it at the moment and want to make sure it's as clean as I can get it

11. Doug Duthie

New version of ACC Results Companion (0.3.0) up at https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/

Headline changes
    • Proper support for ACC 1.0.7 multi-car sessions (race, quali & practice) and reports for the player car (rather than the winning car)
    • Optionally record all cars in race....gives race position etc
    • Fixed some issues with manual input
    • Improved handling of encoding of files (if this hasn't fixed some peoples issues eg @MNFRMTMRRW), it should at least give me better diagnostics
    • Bunch of other stability fixes and other minor enhancements

Salvatore Amato, baboon and Mudguts like this.
  12. MNFRMTMRRW

MNFRMTMRRW Gamer

Thank you so much Doug. I will test it out extensively this weekend and report back.

First update: no crash on session end, manual entry works, hot stint is properly recorded.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  13. Mudguts

Mudguts Rookie

Awesome will try it out, thanks!

14. MNFRMTMRRW

MNFRMTMRRW Gamer

15. Doug Duthie

I can't see any major differences at the moment (only tested Hotstint and Championship Qualy/Race at the moment). Let me know if you run into any issues
    Doug

16. LuisMercury

LuisMercury Racer

I understand that this doesn't apply to MP.
    Is this correct?

17. Doug Duthie

Not at the moment. I'm looking into a workaround that might allow me to get data out for MP and hotlaps
    Doug

18. Doug Duthie

Spoke too soon :(

It looks like the way to identify the player car has changed again (nearly back to what it was pre 1.0.7). It looks like it is the player if playerID non-zero in the seasonEntity (not 1 as previously) and the results file has changed back to having the play car as carId=0. For ARC v0.3.0, in races, it will probably wrongly identify the player car. However, I've got v0.3.1 out at the weekend, at that will address that issue (it should fix up any data in the database too).

Other things, it looks the the points are now missing from the champState file. Not sure if this is always or just in the couple of rounds I completed. As a result, no new championship points can be displayed at the moment.

It also looks like the position is also wrong now. I'll see if I have time to fix that before the release

Finally, it looks like points have been added to the results file. There's five sets - not sure what each one represents.. possibly the different classes
    - Overall
    - Pro-Am
    - Silver
    etc

upload_2019-9-19_21-43-49.png

19. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion 0.3.1 Released

There's a whole bunch of fixes and usability updates (see the change log). Main points are proper support for ACC 1.0.8-1.0.10 file formats and a workaround to an ACC issue when resumed games sometimes don't have the session details written correctly.

Also on extra information, point are now added (where available) to the session overview, although I need to work out what points1-5 mean (possibly Overall, ProAm, Am, Silver, something else). Also the posiition in the overview is now the leaderboard position from race/qualifying (position on track for practice I think). Note the position in the lap detail is the position on track (eg if you are first out qualifying, you will be position 1 on any lap, regardless of your time)

upload_2019-9-21_9-12-21.png

20. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion 0.4.0 Released (Multi-player & hotlap support)

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/

I've finally bitten the bullet and come to accept that hotlap/multiplayer results files aren't coming anytime soon. Therefore, ARC 0.4.0 brings a different approach. For online, hotlaps and practice sessions, the ACC Shared Memory API is now used to get the session info. I'm not going to migrate the other session types to use this as it does have a few quirks and downsides:-
    • There is no indication when a session finishes (or even if ACC closes). Therefore, ARC only writes the old session when a new one starts. If you don't want to wait for this, press the Save icon (see big red arrow below) on the status bar and it will write any pending session laps
    • Data is only available for the player car, not all cars in the session as with the results files
    • The session duration is derived from the Session Time Left field. If you join the session late, it will just show the time remaining in the session
    • The total time is the total elapsed time of the session. If you pause the game, that time will be included
    • There's no equivalent of the Is Wet flag in the results (whatever that meant)
    • It only writes out completed laps
    • To minimise processing impact, I only poll every second. I would have preferred to have polled much less frequently (ie once or twice a sector), but I would risk missing some information. A drawback of this is there is a low risk of missing a lap invalidated flag, if you leave track limits within the last second of the lap (actually if you left the track after the last poll, which will be less than a second). However, this is probably an unlikely scenario where you could leave track limits within a second of the finish line AND gain an advantage.
    • I've included a penalties column in the laps (only used online). I won't be doing much with this until I add server side support. I'm not really looking forward to testing this (basically, I'll got to drive like an @&$£ and see when the penalties get imposed & cleared)
    [​IMG]

For the next big release (barring the need for interim fixes), I'll have a look at the server side results
    Enjoy
    Doug