1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

ACC Results Companion

Download at http://www.boho.org.uk/

Introduction
    [​IMG]
    Assetto Corsa Competizione originally didn't give the user the ability to either view previous fastest laps, sessions or indeed view championship status (other than at completion of a round). With this in mind, I decided to create a little tool for my own purposes, to harvest what information there is in order to provide me with a means at reviewing this sort of information. Given that there have been a number of posts by sim racers bemoaning the lack of this information, I thought perhaps others may find it useful too.

While ACC does give some nice stats now, If you want a little bit more detail on lap stats, this might be the place for you.

Highlights
    • Records all single and multiplayer sessions in ACC
    • Load result from servers, where files are available
    • Lets you view history, fastest laps and statistics
    • View leaderboards for sessions you have participated in
    • See fuel predictions for sessions based on past history
    • Quick reference to ECU modes for each car
    • In game overlays for best times, leaderboard, damage, weather, corner names and fuel predictions

System requirements
    If your system runs ACC, it should run ACC Results Companion, with the caveat that I don't have a Windows 7 environment to test on. As a bare minimum, you must have .NET Framework 4.8 (which will be there for Windows 10/11 if reasonably up to date)

Installation
    This should only be installed on a PC that already has ACC installed. An MSI is provided for the install, that should create the program, work folders and database in your user folder.

If a previous version of ARC has been installed, the installer should allow an update without needing to uninstall first.

Using ACC Results Companion
    First F1 at any point in the app to bring up context sensitive help

TL;DR
    Make sure ACC Results Companion is running when ACC is, and it should record all your sessions.

A quick overview of the various screens and options:
    Screens
    Session history and lap details:
    [​IMG]
    Accidents:
    [​IMG]
    Session Tyre sets
    [​IMG]
    Personal bests
    [​IMG]
    Statistics
    [​IMG]
    Custom Leagues
    [​IMG]
    In game overlays:
    Best times
    [​IMG]

Leaderboard

[​IMG]
    Damage
    [​IMG]

Weather
    [​IMG]

Fuel
    [​IMG]

Corner names
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2023
    mlods, Parminio, Wolkenwolf and 36 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Not Saving Results Jan 31, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Results bad json Dec 19, 2022
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Don't Zoom On Results After Session is NOT FIXED [user-induced folder access rights issue] Apr 8, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports ACC Restrictor parameter Feb 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Time Trial Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC me funciona mal Jan 17, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Telemetry - timing gaps Jan 15, 2024

3. david m

david m Racer

Hi Doug, first of all congratulations for this nice app. Is it possible to have the track temperature that was in the moment of lap times?

thanks

4. Doug Duthie

Hi David,
    It looks like I have access to the road, ambient and mean temperature at the start of the session (but not for each lap). There are a few other starting metrics that are also available (ideal line grip, wetness, marbles and puddles) which I could also record. I'll put these on the list for the next update.
    Doug

5. Orcajavi

Orcajavi Racer

Very interesting but would it work for an MP server installed on another computer?

For league administration it would be an indispensable tool.

Thank you.

6. Doug Duthie

Interesting question. I don't run an MP Server, so I don't know the folder locations etc.

As a starting point, to keep things simple, it just looks at %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\ for the required results files and only records the player car (which appears to always be car id 0).

However, a server mode might be an interesting thing to pursue. Things I'd need to know are:-
    • The ACC Results Companion (ARC) needs to access the ACC user folder on the MP Server. To keep things simple, I'd rather not have to split it out into client/server components (although I'm not ruling it out), so the MP server would have to expose that folder as a network share. Is this something you could do and if so, how are the MP Server and client PC networked (Windows Domain, workgroup or home network)? I'd have to check if file notification events are available across the network share (if not, I'd have to poll)
    • I assume that would want info on all players (not just the "current" player). Is this correct?
    Cheers,
    Doug

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you for providing the ACC community with such tools. If I have understood this correctly this tracks race results from the 'Championship' mode. Not SP & MP etc... Is this correct?

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

cooknn and Coanda like this.
  9. baboon

baboon Alien

Thanks Doug for sharing your app. I can't run it here because it closes with message "required ACC folder C:\Users\... does not exist"

This is because my Documents folder is not on default location but on another drive.

marcos1988 likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Just tried the program. Same issue here, I also don't have my Documents folder on my system drive.

11. Doug Duthie

Aha - my bad for assuming the folder was always the same and couldn't be changed. I'll put a dialog in so the folder can be overridden.

marcos1988 likes this.
  12. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

This looks pretty great - thank you for being a hero to the community! I will download later today.

13. Doug Duthie

Epistolarius & Baboon,
    I've put a new version up (0.2.2) that lets you specify the ACC data folder if it can't find it in the default location. Unfortunately, I can't figure out where this is configured/stored, otherwise i would have automated it.

In the folder dialog that pops up, select the folder location that contains the Assetto Corsa Competizione .\Results and .\Config folders

Note, you will need to uninstall the previous version of ACC Results Companion first.

Let me know if you have other issues.

Doug

baboon and Epistolarius like this.
  14. Doug Duthie

Hi Coanda,
    ARC will display championship standing as well as laptimes from most SP and MP sessions. The exceptions are hotlaps, SP standalone practice and some MP race sessions. As far as I can tell, this is because any session not having a defined end (when you get the Press ESC to continue message) doesn't get a results file written at the moment. As a workaround, I've included a manual entry tab so you can at least record fastest laptimes for these sessions yourself
    Doug

cooknn and Coanda like this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you Doug for the explanation. That sounds great. What I don't understand is I have had a lot of SP & MP races over the last month however windows is telling me the race.json file in the results folder was last updated in early July...

16. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Doug for president!:)

17. Doug Duthie

My theory is that the results file, Race.json etc, only get written when the overtime timer has run down after the race has finished (IIRC this is 3 mins on to the race time). You should then get the Press ESC message. If you don't wait for that, then you don't get a results file. I think a lot of MP servers tend to be configured to flip to the next session before the overtime timer runs down, so everyone's not twiddling their thumbs for 3 mins (actually. I'm guessing here - I've only testing a small number of times on MP since writing this).

The last Race.json I have is for 25th July, which probably does tie in with the last race I ran (on 1.0.6), so it does appear to still be working

Coanda likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I will test this in SP ;) Thanks Doug

19. baboon

baboon Alien

Thanks Doug! I don't see any session data at the moment but I see my Championchip has been imported. I guess if it I keep it running in the background and do a few sessions the data will show up.

Here is it how it looks for me: in the standings it says "Unknown Car"

results.PNG

Rotemezer likes this.
  20. Doug Duthie

For sessions to show, they must run to completion until you get the Press ESC to continue message. If they still don't show, post the full output in the log tab (an error might have occurred).

Looks like I've got a mapping issue on that car in the championship (the ACC file has the 2015 Bentley described as Bentley_Continental_GT3_2016!). => Fixed in 0.2.3

On a general note to everyone using this, thanks for all the testing and patience

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    baboon and david m like this.
  21. Doug Duthie

Request for help....

I'm coming to the realization that I don't have time to run through enough scenarios (ie races) so am looking to the community for a bit of assistance. Since 1.0.7, if you have competed in an online race or qualifying that has produced a results file, I'd very much appreciate it if you could post the following from your ACC folder (normally C:\Users\yourUserName\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Results, but may be elsewhere if you selected a different folder when setting up ACC)

• .\Results\Qualifying*.json or .\Results\Race.json
    • .\Config\seasonEntity.json
    • The car you used in the race (model and race number)
    I read something that worried me about changes to MP results in 1.0.7 - I need to check if some of my logic is correct
    Thanks,
    Doug