1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

Hi Justin,
    I've just answered this over on Race Department

2. Firmi

Firmi Gamer

Awesome piece of software!
    I got a question: Can I feed it with several results.json from a server to get an overall readout? For example if I wanted to give drivers a day or two to qualify for an event, so I can put all json files from those days into the program and get the standings?
    Or is there another solution for that that I'm not aware of?
    Any help or tip is greatly appreciated :D

3. Doug Duthie

It's probably not completely what you want, but you can nearly get there. First load up your json files (put them in the server results fol;der that the app monitors). Go to the leaderboard, pick your track and filter by the date range of your qualifying sessions. It will show each player's ranked fastest time

upload_2020-8-17_18-46-1.png

Firmi and cooknn like this.
  4. Firmi

Firmi Gamer

Awesome, I'll try that, thanks for the quick answer!

5. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.6.11 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

Headline items:-

Missing Driver Error

There is a scenario where ACC occasionally does not register the drivers with a car immediately. This caused me a few issues as I'd incorrectly assumed they'd always be registered together. The syptoms would either be (depending on which driver was missing)

• Driver laps missing from session
    • Driver car incorrectly registered as Porsche 991
    • No laps visible
    This was a very intermittent situation and has taken me quite a time to reproduce and verify the fix

Continuous Backup Mechanisms

ARC now only holds the database connection only when it needs it, so it should be more friendly to continuous backup systems like MS OneDrive.

As a quick reminder, you folder <My Documents>\ACCResults (or at the very least the database <My Documents\ACCResults\ACCResults.DB) should be regularly backed up.

AndyK70 likes this.
  6. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.6.12 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

Firstly, as the app is becoming a bit big, having instructions spread piecemeal throughout the forum isn't really practical anymore, the user guide is now in a PDF found at the start of this forum - https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-results-companion-v1-6-0.59827/#post-1083749

Release Highlights:-

Session Summary
    Session summary, will now show if the session is a new class record, and the previous/current class record.

[​IMG]

Real race records
    The real race records now show which class they are for, using the class colour flash

[​IMG]
    • GT3 - No flash
    • GT4 - Blue flash
    • Cup (Porsche) - Green flash
    • Super Trofeo (Lamborghini) - Yellow flash
    If no class records are found, it will default to the overall record (ie GT3).

Note: At the moment, I haven't found a resource giving Super Trofeo race results. If anyone has one, please let me know

Circuit Records
    Part bugfix/part feature this one. On completion of a session, if the circuits tab has already been displayed, it will show the records for that track (as well as updating the track dropdown/image)

Fixes
    The usual list of fixes.
    • Speed up deletes/refresh session on completion
    • Splash screen font fixed (overflowed where too big)
    • Real records for Zandvoort corrected

Enjoy

7. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.6.13 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

Headlines:

Accident Reporting Restored

When the database writes were made asynchronous, the accident reporting was lost - the accident list was cleared for the next session before it was written to DB.

As a quick reminder, the Accidents column can be un-hidden by right clicking on the laps header and selecting it.

upload_2020-9-12_10-49-15.png

The number of accidents is shown per player, either lap by lap or total i final standings. An example of a shockingly bad race I had:

[​IMG]

If you right click and select Display Accidents, you'll see a summary

[​IMG]

At the moment With Car is always 0, the player is an ID, and fault is always innocent (ACC used to give an indication of who was behind, but that is gone now). At the moment, ACC doesn't give a correlation to the other drivers, but I'll leave that there in the hope that it one day arrives.

ECU Modes

The sorting on the ECU Modes (Fuel tab) was previously broken. Now it will be properly sorted on ECU mode and will support resorting on any column.

The ECU Mode Statics (Fuel/Lap, Max Speed, Relative Fuel and Relative Power) can be unhidden by right clicking on the header.

[​IMG]

All the comparison stats are collected from a standard session (5 lap hotstint at Paul Ricard with the same fuel in ideal conditions)

• Fuel/Lap - average fuel per lap at Paul Ricard in selected ECU mode
    • Max Speed - Max speed achieved on the Mistral straight
    • Max Accel - the maximum acceleration over a fixed period
    • Relative Fuel - The amount of fuel used with the default ECU mode (normally 1)
    • Relative power - A blend of the relative speed and acceleration
    The idea is to weight up whether it is worth going to a fuel saving mode, given the loss of power.

The cars where metrics are currently available are:-

• Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (V12)
    • Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT3
    • Audi R8 EVO
    • Audi R8 LMS GT3
    • Bentley Continental GT3 (2015)
    • Bentley Continental GT3 (2018)
    • BMW M6 GT3
    • Emil Frey Jaguar G3 (Added this release)
    • McLaren 720S GT3
    • Mercedes AMG GT3
    • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2015)
    • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2018)
    The others will be added over forthcoming releases. Note there won't be ECU mode stats for classes with just one ECU mode (GT4, Cup, ST)

Preparation for British GT DLC

Templates for the British GT tracks are included, but in case the track codes are different, the results should still be stored.

Backup Files - Track Names corrected

For a recent update, I changed the way the track was identified for certain aspects. Previously, I used the seasonEntity file, but as I'm trying to move away from reliance on that, it now uses the UDP information. This caused the track code to be stored different for some tracks, resulting in "UNKNOWN" track against the backup. Attempting to replay these files would cause big problems, as the track code loaded would be not recognised. This is now addressed to recognise both formats of track code.

Known issue: There is now a minor issue where dated tracks (Barcelona, Paul Ricard etc) still show as unknown (the internal parent track code was used here), but they can safely be replayed

Enjoy

8. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

4 weeks without any posting other than your version updates.

Your tool became too good, no bugs, great work :cool:

NelsSenior, kamkie and Doug Duthie like this.
  9. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

Doug,

Would it be possible for the manual fuel cal to be able to:
    1 - Override the L/Lap value, as sometimes its higher than what ACC is reporting. This is probably due to changing ECU map when I underfueled, or alot of spins, etc.
    2 - Show estimated number of laps (based on if my car was the leader of the race) - this avoids having to play with my phone.
    3 - Be able to reset the L/Lap value, or to have another L/Lap box that is resetable, so you have a full historical L/Lap and a resetable L/Lap

Your app is AMAZE-BALLS and has been since first release.
    Thank you SOOO much for your contribution to this community and allowing me to focus on improving my racing.

Doug Duthie and kamkie like this.
  10. Doug Duthie

I should be able to do something for that - I'll schedule it for a future release

kamkie likes this.
  11. kamkie

kamkie Gamer

Having best optimal lap on session and Car/Track History tab would be awesome

12. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Doug, does your app have a version that one can unzip and install manually, or does one have to use an installer? Also, does it make registry changes?

13. Doug Duthie

I'm only distributing the installer version as this makes it easier for me to support. And yes, it does store some information in the registry

14. Doug Duthie

I'll have a think about when I can schedule this in

kamkie likes this.
  15. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Ok, thank you.

16. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.6.14 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

Headlines:-

Server Results
    A couple of issues around scanning server results on startup were addressed. An issue was introduced when the architecture was moved to a more multi-threaded model. The server scan attempted to stat before the database connection was initialised. Also results files were flagged as read before they were processed - if an error occurred, they would never be read again.

Both above have been fixed.

Also, there is a slight change to the way server results folders are set up. Most importantly, multiple server results folders are now supported.

Quick extract from the doc...

ACC Server Results Folder
    If Server Results files are to be used, this points to the results folders. You can now monitor one or more server folders. In the text box, they must be delimited by semi-colons. Alternatively, you can choose the folders by pressing the [​IMG] button.

Initially, this brings up a dialog with no entries.

[​IMG]

To add folders, right click and select Add Folder.

[​IMG]

This creates a blank entry.

[​IMG]

To manual edit the field, select the row and press F2

[​IMG]

Alternatively, double click the row and a folder selection dialog will be brought up.

[​IMG]

You can add as many folders as you want. Note, current ARC only monitors Windows folders by notification events. These events aren’t available on Linux shares so ARC won’t be able to spot new files (except via Scan server results folder on startup option)

[​IMG]

The folders will be scanned immediately after you change folders. After that, only new files will be processed. (Files are matched based on file name/update time)

If you want to delete an entry, right click and select Delete Folder

Session total time
    There was an issue with the total session time reported on some tracks. The app got the session time from a broadcast interface event on each lap and recorded it against the lap for each car when the car received an update on the interface. For most tracks this was fine, however for Spa and Silverstone, the lap completed event occurred after the car update, so the times were missed. As a result, session times for these tracks could appear shorter than they were.

The way session timestamps are recorded has now been changed to address this

Ferrari ECU Mode Stats added

[​IMG]

The list of cars where metrics are currently available are:-
    • Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (V12)
    • Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT3
    • Audi R8 EVO
    • Audi R8 LMS GT3
    • Bentley Continental GT3 (2015)
    • Bentley Continental GT3 (2018)
    • BMW M6 GT3
    • Emil Frey Jaguar G3
    • Ferrari 488 GT3
    • McLaren 720S GT3
    • Mercedes AMG GT3
    • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2015)
    • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2018)
    Documentation in PDF form has been updated at https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?attachments/acc-results-companion-1-6-14-pdf.145453/

Cirith Ungol and AndyK70 like this.
  17. B_U_R_I

B_U_R_I Racer

Thanks again for this!

18. iKnoxville

iKnoxville Rookie

is there a way to see the lap times of past races? either within replay or outside? is so basic ....

19. iKnoxville

iKnoxville Rookie