1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

@Blood Monarch and any others facing similar issues,,

V1.5.7 posted to Race Department changes the way that ACC Broadcast/UDP connections are used, so I believe should fix the issue where stale connections are used causing results to be missed (where you see "Unknown car" and no laps)

2. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Still no thoughts to a web based front end?

3. Doug Duthie

Possibly, although it would be a long way off, as I'm busy with other things at the moment

4. Rolz

Rolz Alien

yeah life's like that... just would be easier for more people to use and access without needing to provide access RDP to the server...

Mad.Motion likes this.
  5. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.5.10 released

New version released on Race Depratment with a couple of user requests, some extra fields and a handful of bug fixes.

Firstly, there is now an average laptime reported on the session. This excludes outlaps but doesn't factor in pitstops, so may be skewed on longer races. To activate, right click the header of the session list and select the average lap time. In additions, there's a couple of others such as average fuel consumption on session and last ECU mode.

[​IMG]

In addition, a bunch of new fields have been added to laps (again, to expose the fields, right click on the header and select them)

[​IMG]

These are
    • ECU mode used on the lap
    • Max speed
    • Peak sustained acceleration (this is an arbitrary metric I'm using to get some comparative ECU data. Basically the maximum acceleration over 5 seconds at full throttle)
    • Damage values. These are heatmap colour coded going from white (no damage), green (light damage) to red (severe damage)
    I plan to update the ECU reference to give comparative figures to power & fuel consumption as I was finding it was difficult to make a judgement call whether to switch ECU modes to save fuel. Again, these fields are hidden by default.

[​IMG]

Metrics obtained using all same conditions over 5 laps at Paul Ricard (nice long straight for acceleration & max speed tests)

• Max Speed (Km/h)
    • Fuel per lap (I know...the column header is wrong at the moment)
    • The peak sustained acceleration (this is a bit dodgy to to my low sample rate)
    • fuel consumption relative to the default ECU mode
    • Power relative to the default mode (this again is a slightly dodgy metric being a composite of top speed and peak acceleration)
    At the moment only the 2018 Bentley, AMG and McLaren 720 have been measured. I'll do the others over time. It's interesting to note some descriptions don't seem to cover what actually happen - eg McLaren's mode 7 engine cooling described as very low power and very high consumption - it's not the slowest or the highest consumption mode. So far, it seems only mode 2 on the AMG seems worthwhile fuel saving. You get a huge reduction in fuel consumption (bringing it in line with the more frugal cars) with a small penalty in performance. For mode 3 on the AMG and other modes on the 2 other cars, the small fuel saving doesn't seem worth the performance penalty. It will be interesting to see how the other cars compare.

Also, the CSV export will include the new fields

There are also some other bugfixes, the main ones being
    • Fix Server results import fixed
    • Final Standings for online race. Now correctly ordered by final position and not by the fastest laptime. Note there may be some differences with the final race order given by ACC
      • I can't get at the penalties given, so if these are applied post race, I can't adjust the order (here ACC gives the better order)
      • If players drop out before the end, player's behind are promoted up the order by ACC whereas ACC Results Companion will still include them in the order (I believe my interpretation is more "correct")
    Enjoy racing
    Doug

6. Great update, is player rating/elo for all players an output value that you could also include?

David Danser likes this.
  7. Doug Duthie

Unfortunately, that information doesn't seem to be available anywhere

8. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion 1.5.11 Released at Race Department

New update released to align with today's ACC 1.3.12 update. This is a required update or results will not be stored properly due to the change in Broadcast interface.

Other changes:

Data Folder
    One thing that has been bugging me for quite some time is that I had made an incorrect assumption of how to reference "My Documents"...as a result, the data folder for ACC results was always on the C (or boot) drive (regardless of where "My Documents" actually was. New installs will now go to <My Documents>\ACCResults. For existing installs, if you want to move the folder, go to the settings tab and click the "Move ACC Results Companion Folder" button

[​IMG]

It will then ask you for a new folder and then close. Files will be copied across to the new folder on startup. I decided against automatically deleting the original folder just in case something went wrong. You can delete this manually after a successful copy - ie is found at C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\ACCResults

Launch ACC
    Of only marginal use, and if you're lazy like me, there's now a button to launch ACC to save you the effort of one extra mouse click to launch Steam

[​IMG]

Optionally Launch ACC results Companion at Windows startup
    If you want ACC Results Companion to always be up so you don't need to remember to start it when running ACC, the following checkbox adds it to Windows startup

[​IMG]

Air/Road Temperature
    New Air and Road temperature columns added to laps. These are hidden by default. To view them, right click the header and select the columns

[​IMG]

Attachments

vanveen and |BAD| DavE like this.
  9. Ahhhh, came to see about a fix with 'unknown car' in the results.
    Now I see I needed to update.

10. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.5.12 Released (at Race Department)

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/

I hadn't intended to put out another the release so soon after the emergency one on Friday to suuport Broadcast API changes for ACC 1.3.12, but this really completes the information from the Broadcast api. The nationality, category (based on player ratings), cup (based on the car) are now available. As usual, these are hidden fields by default - unhide if you want to see them.

[​IMG]

Nationality has been around for a short while now but required you to edit an ACC config file as there was no UI option for it. I'd only seen one driver in online races use it so far. Anyway, there's now a dropdown in the settings pane to allow to to set it to any of the 77 countries ACC recognises (unitl ACC provides a UI). Then player's nationality (country or flag or both) will be available in ACC Results Companion (and any other broadcast client that supports it)

[​IMG]

Enjoy racing,
    Doug

Freddie Seng, |BAD| DavE and Rolz like this.
  11. Do the new version not have the Memory and 'not in session' at the bottom any more?

I just updated and the program seems to do nothing now. No result recorded at all.

Am I doing something wrong?

12. Doug Duthie

Hi Andrew,
    Yes - you're right....the status bar has disappeared - I must have inadvertently deleted it. I'll see if I can get it back.

Did you upgrade from 1.5.11 to 1.5.12 or from an earlier version? So that I can see what is going on can you right click in the session area and select Export Diagnostics - it will open an explorer window with a file called something like Diagnostics[timestamp].zip . Post the file here and I'll have a look

upload_2020-4-27_19-39-27.png

13. Hi,

I started with 1.5.9 as my first, then updated in steps of release - 5.10 - 5.11 and now 5.12

Strangely I have just tried again, and it worked this time - maybe because I got to the end of the race this time?

Previous race where it did nothing, was offline 20 minutes and I exited after 5 minutes.

Log files after the race that didn't work and after the race that worked.

Attached Files:

14. Doug Duthie

Hi Andrew,
    I guess you're talking about single player offline races. These are taken from the ACC results files which are only written when the race is complete - if you quit early, there won't be any results. All other sessions use the Broadcast API and are written when you finish (or quit as long as you have completed at least 1 lap)

The reason I use results files for SP races is because that is the only way I can support saved/continued races, and the results files give me a couple of other things I can't get from the Broadcast API

Are you having issues with any other session types?

15. Rolz

Rolz Alien

oh so this isn't server side, its on a client racing and then they pull the data at the end of a race?

16. Doug Duthie

Yes..that's right - just for single player races

17. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V15.13 Released at https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/

This was just supposed to be a small release, but it ended up growing and growing, so there's a lot to go through here...

System Tray Icon

The app now installs to the system tray. You can select to hide the icon from the task bar when minimised to just control from the system tray if you want

[​IMG]

Change Tracks (by year)

Seasoned users will know that there isn't an automatic way to determine the year of track, so everything is recorded as 2018 tracks. You could change one at a time by Fix sessions but that was a bit of a pain. Now we have Change track year which lets you do multiple sessions (from the same track) at a time, and only lets you change to the same family of track. Still a grind, but marginally less painful

[​IMG]

ECU Modes for AMR V12

ECU mode stats added for AMR V12 on the Fuel page. TL;DR - not worth changing mode for fuel saving

[​IMG]

Result stats improvements

I think there was an anomaly deriving stats previously, so gave some wonky results. Hopefully, this should be addressed now. Also, added a total sessions/laps so you can see overall how many laps you've done, how many in each car, on each track etc.

[​IMG]

Navigation from Circuits/Leaderboards to Lap

Now if you double click the row in question on Circuits/Leaderboards, as well as highlighting the session it occured in, it will display laps and highlight the one in question

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Broadcast retries

Some people are having issues with occassional sessions not recording. Reading the programmers broadcast forum at ACC, it sounds like there may somethings be an issue getting a connection to ACC. I've added an optional retry. If a connection isn't obtained in the required number of seconds, then it will abandon the request and try again. Word of caution: I've had difficulty with this in the past and i cannot reproduce the error locally. This is something to try only if you are experiencing problems. The default retry is 0 (no retry). If greater than zero, then it will retry after than number of seconds. I'd advise making it no lower than 5 seconds.

[​IMG]

Accidents

It wouldn't be ACC without accidents, so why not report on them. there's a new hidden field in laps (right click header and select the column if you want to see it). It reports accidents (collisions) per player per lap.

[​IMG]

If you want to see the details of accidents, right click the player and select Display accidents

[​IMG]

At the moment, it is basic and I can't get at the details of who the collision was with. I think the time is from the start of the session (I'm not sure if that is the same for all players, but it should help if you want to find it in a replay). I've included a highly contentious fault indicator. I'm not really sure if it is a blame indicator or my "Guilty" indicator means you were just behind in a collision.

In additions to all this, I've been doing some major code structuring to make it a bit more maintainable - this should be progressing over the next few releases

Thanks to all those clicked the donate button.

Happy racing

Doug

18. Doug Duthie

Andrew Williams and AndyK70 like this.
  19. Pezzo

Pezzo Rookie

Hi Doug thanks for the software,i keep getting these errors is it something i have setup wrong or do i just ignore?

Attached Files:

20. Doug Duthie

Hi @Pezzo
    I assume you mean the error

Code:
    2020-04-23 14:59:14 ERROR FileUtils.processServerResultsFile : Error processing file E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\server\accServer.exe:Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: encoding
    This is because you are pointing the folder at the server application folder (ie E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\server\) rather than its result folder (will will be
    E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\server\results\ unless you have moved it).

To be honest, you only need this set if you are running a server, or if you are receiving server files