1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. GONKO

GONKO Racer

In theory yes.
    I moved the data folder yesterday to a new location and it picked it up no problem.
    If you download the program to a laptop and map it to say, a one drive folder (which is being fed from the game rig) then it should read the data no problem.

I'm not sure on the install itself if ACC is not on the laptop machine, as presumably the msi file looks for ACC.
    I have a seperate desktop to my Alienware gaming machine, which I use for working from home and I operate motec like this. That being said, motec doesn't require ACC being installed, whereas this program does (I think).

I'll give it a bash, unless you get to try first. Let me know.

2. Nathan Prisk

Nathan Prisk Rookie

Great, I'm at work so wont try to this evening. So are you saying move the ACC data folder in mydocs? how do you configure that in ACC in .json somewhere? I was hoping to do the same with the MOTEC data as you say you do onto my laptop. I have a dedicated ACC MP server which I would map a folder from then I could access MOTEC and Results from my laptop (which would be a lot easier than sitting in a rig!) Cheers for the update btw @GONKO

3. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

I don't think it will completely work (from my test). At the moment, sharing the database means you also share the log and settings file which i think will mess things up. I'm going to think about how I can set this up so it works cleanly

4. GONKO

GONKO Racer

On my machine I changed drives for the data folder. I just moved the entire folder and pointed the program to it.
    All data was picked up.
    As I said, the issue may be needing ACC on the machine too. I'll probably get to testing it tomorrow.

5. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.8.0 Released

Download here or use the update button in the app.

This has turned into a bit of a monster update, so there will have to be a number of posts

Here we go...

Teams
    Teams is a new feature for leaderboards. It allows you to display a subset of results (your friends, leagues, rivals, enemies etc).

To display teams, go to Leaderboards, right click and select Display Teams.

[​IMG]

A default team called ARC will already exist. This cannot be renamed or deleted.

[​IMG]

To add a team, right click, select Add team and fill in the details. Double click each column to edit.

[​IMG]
    To display members, right click a team and select Display Members.

[​IMG]
    (Doh - spelling mistake)

Teams Filter
    A filter is available within the leaderboard to select by team.

[​IMG]
    With no filter selected, all results are shown. Otherwise, the leaderboard will be filtered by the members of the team selected

[​IMG]

ARC Leaderboards
    Leaderboards are now available for the fastest laps of all users of ARC. To opt in, select Download ARC Leaderboards in settings

[​IMG]

Every time ARC starts, the ARC leaderboards will be downloaded. Only new/changed results will be downloaded each time. The first time will take several minutes for all results to be downloaded and processed. You can see the progress of the downloads in the progress bar

[​IMG]

To manually download any updates, click the Refresh ARC Times button.

[​IMG]
    Once the download is complete, the leaderboard will update.

[​IMG]

ARC Team
    All players using ARC will be added to the ARC team.

[​IMG]
    You can therefore filter the leaderboard by only ARC results.

[​IMG]

Exclude ARC Results
    Alternatively, if you wanted to show leaderboard only for races you took part in, or had the server results for, then click Ignore ARC Leaderboard

[​IMG]

User Profiles
    The main concept of ARC, is that it expects a single user within a Windows user (and therefore, each will have a discrete ACC driver profile). If users share a PC, ideally they should each have their own login. However, it is recognised that some users may share a Windows login and ACC profile. In order that ARC stats may be distinguished between users, User Profile have been created.

Note: this is intended ONLY for this scenario as there will be some comprimises recognising drivers and they will be shared on ACC.

Setup
    First, in order to use User Profiles, go to Settings and select Activate User Profiles

[​IMG]

This will activate the User Profiles button on the main (sessions) page.

[​IMG]

Click this button, and you can maintain the User Profiles.

[​IMG]
    To add a new user, right click and select Add User

[​IMG]
    A new record will be added. Double click in the user Profile column to give the profile a name. Double click in the Folder column, to assign a folder to store settings/database. Alternatively, click on the ... column to select a folder. This should be a new folder just for this ARC user.

[​IMG]

Default profile
    A default profile (unimaginatively called Default) will be created. This is the original data folder for ARC. This cannot be renamed

Top tip
    You can give an avatar for each user. ARC will use an image called User.png in that folder both on the startup (User Profile selection) screen and on the sessions page. The image should be square, ideally 48x48.

Startup
    When user profiles are selected, a user screen will be used on startup.

[​IMG]

All profiles set up are selectable. Note the avatar associated with the profile will be displayed (User.png in the folder). Here, I've used some helmets to differentiate.

[​IMG]

When ARC starts it will run from the folder selected for the profile. The avatar (if supplied) will be displayed, along with the profile name and folder displayed in the status bar.

[​IMG]

Manual Fuel Calculation

[​IMG]
    • Added option to use planned number of laps rather than duration
    • Preferences remembered

Other fixes/changes

• Preserve list box sorting preferences
    • Combobox paint issue (some borders missing)
    • Session tab takes account of row limit in filter (previously hardcoded at 1000)
    • Remove duplicate rows from circuits and leaderboards
    • Dialog size & position remembered (main form and most pop-ups)
    • BUGFIX: Customising custom invalid/record lap not working
    • BUGFIX: server results leaderboards not displaying correctly
    • BUGFIX: Manually added laptimes incorrect if the millisecond part has trailing zeroes

cooknn, AndyK70, Cirith Ungol and 2 others like this.
  6. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Doug, what personal/identifiable info is being sent off our PCs and then shared publicly? I assume it’s just the name we input in the game for ourselves but it would be nice to know what is happening under the hood.

edit:

I noticed Notes, Player ID and User Profile amongst the data that can be displayed. Can you explain a bit more about those?

Also, when I go to the ARC team, I can’t find myself. Similarly in the leaderboard, if I select ARC Team then I am excluded from the result. Does the app not include the user in the team?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  7. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I'm happy to be in your team. :D Thanks for the update !

8. Doug Duthie

The only personal information distributed is the ACC first name/last name/short name and driver nationality (which is already published by ACC). Player ID isn't populated yet but will just be a guid to uniquely identify each player - you can't do anything useful with this but it is more to help me track issues (eg two players with the same name). You can populate the Notes column with whatever you want (just in case you want to add real names, emails or whatever to your team list). This is only local to you and isn't distributed. User Profile is just to distinguish 2 or more players using the same ACC account/Windows login (new to 1.8.0)

Re ARC Team and the player - yes that is a rather obvious omission. ARC Team is just the downloaded leaderboard, but should include the player. I'll fix this next time round

9. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Thanks for the info, Doug. This is a very interesting and powerful update.

Another question: if I delete one of my session results locally, does that remove the record from results that others download?

10. Doug Duthie

It should do (conceptually at least) - I need to check if this does indeed work

EDIT: At the moment it doesn't. I'll look to resolving this

Want2BFast likes this.
  11. MCCOY08

MCCOY08 Rookie

great job! Just one more request: in the leaderboard our times are highlighted in blue. Could it be possible that our friends are highlighted as well? (green, orange ...) to distinguish them without using a filter.

Want2BFast and Sandro Vitalini like this.
  12. kregs77

kregs77 Rookie

Great tools !! Thank you for this !

13. Doug Duthie

I'll have a look and see what I can do here

14. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.8.1 Released (here)

Headlines:-

ARC Leaderboard
    The ARC Leaderboard has changed slightly. I'd inadvertently been pulling in the nicknames instead of the short names. For consistency with other sessions, other drivers will now have their short name published instead of the nickname. Until others upgrade, you may see drivers without a nick/short name now but that will update once the new information is available.

To fix the data, the ARC leaderboard will be removed then refreshed. The progress bar now shows all phases of the update so you can see when it is ready.

Other enhancements ensure that old personal bests from others are removed once improved upon (rather than lying around in the DB) and if you delete a session it will resend your leaderboard, incase a personal best is affected.

Also, the size of leaderboards is putting strain on the display, so the queries to retrieve the data have been improved (at the moment the parents for multi-year tracks still use the old query, so for example the leaderboard for "Barcelona" will be slower than "Barcelona (2018)"

More Leaderboard Columns
    More relevant columns are available (eg tyre and track state). Note the track state is in the language of the player sending the personal best - this is a field generated by ACC

[​IMG]

Leaderboard Team Colours
    Click in the new Colour column of Teams and you can select a colour for the team to make the display even more garish.

[​IMG]

The leaderboard will be updated for player colours in the order of
    • Player car
    • User team member (if the driver is in more than one team, it just picks the first)
    • ARC team member
    Others
    There's a few other bug fixes for issues that people found - see the release notes (Here). Also, I found a couple of lap records for Super Trofeo so these are included

Finally, a big thank you to all those that have hit the Donate button. Your support is very much appreciated. It is a closely guarded secret, that the donate button gives you faster lap times, makes you more attractive and completely cures baldness...probably

Enjoy !

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  15. Nathan Prisk

Nathan Prisk Rookie

Great update with the teams option!
    question or observation! the Mclaren logo on the sessions page is the swish and on the leaderboard it's this upload_2020-11-14_19-30-21.png intended?

16. Doug Duthie

Good point...I thought I'd got rid of that version of the logo as it was illegible, but there's clearly some remnants

Nathan Prisk likes this.
  17. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.9.0 Released - (here)

ACC 2020 Season DLC compatibility

Note, prior to V1.9.0 you will see lots of errors when using the 2020 DLC so it is advisable to upgrade. The upgrade will prevent the errors and fix the data for the new track/cars

• Imola added (with real records where available)
    • Ferrari & AMG EVO cars added
    Note: Leaderboard will show the above as unknown cars until the other uses update ARC and refresh their results.

Leaderboard Changes

As there have been many more people using ARC than I anticipated, there will be a rolling set of changes to improve the leaderboard. In this release, downloading ARC Leaderboard results will be sped up - only changes will be processed, so apart from the first time through, it shouldn't take so long. There will be more changes in upcoming releases

Opt-out/GPDR

If you don't want to share your fastest laps, use the ARC Leaderboard Opt-out in settings. If checked, your results won't be distributed and any previous results from you will be purged from all other users.

[​IMG]

Privacy, data retention policy & GPDR is covered in the EULA on installing the app.

Other

Other bugfixes/changes:-

• I noticed 5 extra countries provided by ACC but not documented on the interface. These are now included in ARC (Bahrain, Chile, Chinese Taipei, Iran, Zimbabwe)
    • Change track year should now again the session window (again)
    • SP races sometimes were recorded as an inconsistent year

Enjoy

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  18. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.9.1 Released - (here)

2020 Tracks
    To recognise the fact that 2020 uses different tyres (as well as new BOP), times are likely to be different, any tracks in the 2020 season will have their own category (eg Monza (2020) ). The original track will be for example Monza (2018/2019), except for tracks that had different surfaces laid that differentiate between the 2018 and 2019 seasons. The "parent" tracks (eg Monza) won't have any associated year and will show results for all years.

Note, the only way that track years are automatically recognised are via server results. For all others, ACC does not announce on the interface the track year and it will default to recording as 2018 or 2018/2019 as appropriate. If you so desire, you can manually assign the session to the given year by right clicking in the session areas and selecting Change track Year

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Server Results
    About time for a bit of server love. Previously server gaps weren't recorded on laps and only estimated on final standings, but these were way out. This has been changed so gaps appear for laps and should match the ACC session summary in final standings. A caveat that this has only be compared to the final results on one session as I don't have access to a server.

In addition, position changes are reported for lap 1 onwards. I don't think there is enough information to determine the position at the start though

[​IMG]

For final standings, the overall position change is given from lap 1 (note, not the start) to the end of the race. I think this is the best I can do. In addition, the gap will be the gap to the leader (not the car ahead)

[​IMG]

Enjoy

cooknn, Cirith Ungol and AndyK70 like this.
  19. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Hi @Doug Duthie

I'm at v1.9.3 right now, but my issue is happening since already couple of version ago.

On the Session page I arrange the columns to my liking but the order is not getting stored, unless I hide or unhide a column.
    And even when I do this little trick to force to save the order, it still gets mixed up upon next loading, dunno why.
    After ordering the columns, unhide and hide a column, close ACCRC and check the order in ACCResultsSettings.json with Notepad++ the order is saved correctly.
    Then starting ACCRC again and even without selecting a session I already can see the order is messed up again.

This is the order I'd like to have:
    upload_2020-11-23_19-18-32.png

This is the order I get after closing and reopening ACCRC
    upload_2020-11-23_19-20-54.png

I attached the settings.json for inspection if you want/need to.

Andy

Attached Files:

20. Doug Duthie

Hi Andy,
    I found the issue - it will be fixed in the next release. It looks like the issue has been there ever since I introduced saving of column orders, but you'll only see the issue if you order the columns in certain ways

Want2BFast and AndyK70 like this.