1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Gamer

Shameless self-promotion, I'm afraid...

I've uploaded a little app to allow laps and championships to be recorded, in order for some simple analysis to be done later (fastest laps, current championship position etc).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Interested? Then head over here to download:-

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/

Enjoy,
    Doug

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Don't Zoom On Results After Session is NOT FIXED [user-induced folder access rights issue] Apr 8, 2014
    ACC Audio Mixing discord audio channel and ACC Yesterday at 10:32 AM
    ACC General Discussions Official ACC Endurance Race? Wednesday at 6:37 PM
    ACC Multiplayer accServer.exe crashes since V1.0.8 Tuesday at 12:37 AM
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Lobby is down Monday at 11:50 AM
    ACC General Discussions HomeFriends' ACC's test killing stats Saturday at 1:33 PM
    ACC General Discussions Video interview with Aris about ACC physics Sep 12, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Happy birthday ACC Sep 12, 2019
    ACC General Discussions ACC driver statistics Sep 11, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC GT3 Championship ... and much more Sep 11, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room E-RacingSeries.com - ACC Championships Sep 10, 2019
    ACC User Interface access other track setups Sep 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions vettel and kimi proved acc physics lol Sep 8, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Not Saving Race Replay Sep 7, 2019
    ACC Physics ACC-bug ABS e clutch mclarem Sep 6, 2019

3. david m

david m Gamer

Hi Doug, first of all congratulations for this nice app. Is it possible to have the track temperature that was in the moment of lap times?

thanks

4. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Gamer

Hi David,
    It looks like I have access to the road, ambient and mean temperature at the start of the session (but not for each lap). There are a few other starting metrics that are also available (ideal line grip, wetness, marbles and puddles) which I could also record. I'll put these on the list for the next update.
    Doug

5. Orcajavi

Orcajavi Racer

Very interesting but would it work for an MP server installed on another computer?

For league administration it would be an indispensable tool.

Thank you.

6. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Gamer

Interesting question. I don't run an MP Server, so I don't know the folder locations etc.

As a starting point, to keep things simple, it just looks at %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\ for the required results files and only records the player car (which appears to always be car id 0).

However, a server mode might be an interesting thing to pursue. Things I'd need to know are:-
    • The ACC Results Companion (ARC) needs to access the ACC user folder on the MP Server. To keep things simple, I'd rather not have to split it out into client/server components (although I'm not ruling it out), so the MP server would have to expose that folder as a network share. Is this something you could do and if so, how are the MP Server and client PC networked (Windows Domain, workgroup or home network)? I'd have to check if file notification events are available across the network share (if not, I'd have to poll)
    • I assume that would want info on all players (not just the "current" player). Is this correct?
    Cheers,
    Doug

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you for providing the ACC community with such tools. If I have understood this correctly this tracks race results from the 'Championship' mode. Not SP & MP etc... Is this correct?

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Coanda likes this.
  9. baboon

baboon Hardcore Simmer

Thanks Doug for sharing your app. I can't run it here because it closes with message "required ACC folder C:\Users\... does not exist"

This is because my Documents folder is not on default location but on another drive.

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Just tried the program. Same issue here, I also don't have my Documents folder on my system drive.

11. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Gamer

Aha - my bad for assuming the folder was always the same and couldn't be changed. I'll put a dialog in so the folder can be overridden.

12. warth0g

warth0g Simracer

This looks pretty great - thank you for being a hero to the community! I will download later today.

13. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Gamer

Epistolarius & Baboon,
    I've put a new version up (0.2.2) that lets you specify the ACC data folder if it can't find it in the default location. Unfortunately, I can't figure out where this is configured/stored, otherwise i would have automated it.

In the folder dialog that pops up, select the folder location that contains the Assetto Corsa Competizione .\Results and .\Config folders

Note, you will need to uninstall the previous version of ACC Results Companion first.

Let me know if you have other issues.

Doug

baboon and Epistolarius like this.
  14. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Gamer

Hi Coanda,
    ARC will display championship standing as well as laptimes from most SP and MP sessions. The exceptions are hotlaps, SP standalone practice and some MP race sessions. As far as I can tell, this is because any session not having a defined end (when you get the Press ESC to continue message) doesn't get a results file written at the moment. As a workaround, I've included a manual entry tab so you can at least record fastest laptimes for these sessions yourself
    Doug

Coanda likes this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you Doug for the explanation. That sounds great. What I don't understand is I have had a lot of SP & MP races over the last month however windows is telling me the race.json file in the results folder was last updated in early July...

16. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Doug for president!:)

17. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Gamer

My theory is that the results file, Race.json etc, only get written when the overtime timer has run down after the race has finished (IIRC this is 3 mins on to the race time). You should then get the Press ESC message. If you don't wait for that, then you don't get a results file. I think a lot of MP servers tend to be configured to flip to the next session before the overtime timer runs down, so everyone's not twiddling their thumbs for 3 mins (actually. I'm guessing here - I've only testing a small number of times on MP since writing this).

The last Race.json I have is for 25th July, which probably does tie in with the last race I ran (on 1.0.6), so it does appear to still be working

Coanda likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I will test this in SP ;) Thanks Doug

19. baboon

baboon Hardcore Simmer

Thanks Doug! I don't see any session data at the moment but I see my Championchip has been imported. I guess if it I keep it running in the background and do a few sessions the data will show up.

Here is it how it looks for me: in the standings it says "Unknown Car"

results.PNG

Rotemezer likes this.
  20. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Gamer

For sessions to show, they must run to completion until you get the Press ESC to continue message. If they still don't show, post the full output in the log tab (an error might have occurred).

Looks like I've got a mapping issue on that car in the championship (the ACC file has the 2015 Bentley described as Bentley_Continental_GT3_2016!). => Fixed in 0.2.3

On a general note to everyone using this, thanks for all the testing and patience

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    baboon and david m like this.
  21. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Gamer

Request for help....

I'm coming to the realization that I don't have time to run through enough scenarios (ie races) so am looking to the community for a bit of assistance. Since 1.0.7, if you have competed in an online race or qualifying that has produced a results file, I'd very much appreciate it if you could post the following from your ACC folder (normally C:\Users\yourUserName\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Results, but may be elsewhere if you selected a different folder when setting up ACC)

• .\Results\Qualifying*.json or .\Results\Race.json
    • .\Config\seasonEntity.json
    • The car you used in the race (model and race number)
    I read something that worried me about changes to MP results in 1.0.7 - I need to check if some of my logic is correct
    Thanks,
    Doug