1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

I can't reproduce this at the moment - I'm guessing it is storing a bad value in the form dimensions when it is shut down that way. Can you close ARC in the way that will always cause the problem and send me the file ACCResultsSettings.json - it should be in <Documents>\ACCResults

2. Doug Duthie

If you press Re-calculate in the Fuel page, it will rebuild all fuel statistics

upload_2020-12-13_14-11-11.png

If it is still giving bad results, can you upload the diagnostics (Right click on sessions list in the Session page and select Export Diagnostics). The statistics are harvested from all previous laps - I'll have to check if there is something wrong with the calculation or it is down to bad data.

3. Sure, here it is attached.

BTW, my display is 32:9 ultrawide and desktop resolution is 3840 x 1080 if it is related.

Attached Files:

4. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I tried Re-caculate, it didn't change anything, here is my diagnostic file : https://he2bbe-my.sharepoint.com/:u...5Jjaj4g4T0gnABKLggeD8BXLVdcvbZyhVkhg?e=bo5A9c

5. Doug Duthie

There's 2 issues here - one causing the other. You have frequently got laps with zero fuel. This is giving insanely high fuel consumption on some sessions skewing the average

upload_2020-12-13_16-47-35.png

Where this happens, it always appears to be your last lap. I'm guessing the shared memory field must have been cleared by the time I come to look at it.

So, what I need to do is:
    • Exclude as zero fueled laps from the averages
    • If when recording the session I see the fuel go to zero, use the last available fuel value. I can't really test this as I can't reproduce (this might be down to the different speeds of our PCs), so I might have to ask you to test this

AndyK70 likes this.
  6. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I don't really know how to reproduce that, I think it's because I train in hotstint mode and when you press "return to garage" it's essentially a new session (with cars that I drove only online I don't have any problem with fuel consumption). The fuel never really goes at 0 in the game, it's when I return to the garage that that happens I guess.

7. Doug Duthie

Ah - return to garage. That might be it, as I rarely use that. I'll see if I can reproduce that way.

8. Tophattingson

Tophattingson Rookie

There's a mean lap time column option for the list of all sessions, but there's no player best lap time column. Could that be added?

9. Doug Duthie

I'll add this to the list of things to do

10. Doug Duthie

Cirith Ungol likes this.
  11. Doug Duthie

I've not had time to fully test this, but in 1.9.7 the fuel calculation will discount laps that go down to zero fuel. If you press Recalculate on the fuel page, it should rebuild all the fuel stats, and also the average fuel on each session. If the fuel does go down to zero at any point, it should try to use the last non-zero fuel (not tested)

12. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Thanks a lot Doug, i'll try this today ! I can't even imagine how ACC would be with ARC, thanks for your work.

Want2BFast likes this.
  13. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Agreed. The detailed data ARC can extract, organize and display is phenomenal. The rare time I forget to start it before a session I am cursing myself afterward because WHERE ARE THE STATS! :confused:

14. Hi Doug. Thanks for the update.
    The exit minimized issue is almost fixed in the new version :)
    Now when I resize the windows and if I click "x" to close, ARC saves the size for next time start.
    But if I resize it and then minimize it and then exit it from the taskbar, ARC does not save the last known size.

15. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Hello Doug

I have a question. Would it be possible to add something like a "add tag" option for sessions? I race in two different leagues and I think it would be nice to be able to find or categorize or sort or filter out some races based on some user defined tags. Could be just a word or two :)

Cheers

16. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

This is not what you look for but it may be helpful fir you as well.

I use MoTeC extensively and one of the nice features of MoTeC i2 is that you have a number of metadata you can tag your telemetry session files with.
    You could use the shirt description field in the Metadata to describe the race and you will see this field in the open file browser window in MoTeC - now simply look at date and time of the telemetry file and look up the session at the same time in ARC ;-)

I know it sounds much more complicated but it is something I use all the time anyway.

I use ARC basically as an additional layer of information attached to the data hub my telemetry session files form.

Did you know ... that the keyboard shortcut to open the MoTeC telemetry session metadata window is CTRL + D ?

17. Doug Duthie

Hi,
    Yes...as part of something else I'm doing, there will be a way to categorise and filter sessions

menos | M6 likes this.
  18. Doug Duthie

I managed to break the saved size - it was always reverting to the default size. Will be addressed in the next update

19. Doug Duthie

georgi iovchev and david m like this.
  20. Doug Duthie

As 2020 draws to a close, it is probably a good time to review what has happened to ACC Results Companion since inception.

Major milestones:
    • Initially developed 18 months ago against ACC 1.0.6
    • First release August 2019
    • September 2019 – support shared memory (and thus more info and online & hotlaps supported)
    • November 2019 – Support server results files
    • Feb 2020 – Leaderboards, fuel calculator, ECU modes and result statistics
    • March 2020 – Broadcast/UDP interface added – now fully supports multiplayer (all drivers)
    • October 2020 – ARC Leaderboard added
    In numbers:
    • > 63000 lines of code
    • 339 hours of testing comprising 1599 sessions over 9810 laps
    • I’ve no idea of the development time, but probably well over 1000 hours
    • I’m not sure of the number of users, but > 1600 users are publishing their fastest times on the leaderboards.
    I’d like to thank all of you for having the patience to try out this little tool, especially where there have been a few bugs along the way. It was originally conceived as a way to save me time in recording fastest laps, giving me more time to race. In that respect, it has utterly failed – I spend more time programming than racing now. I’d also like to acknowledge those of you finding issues/bugs and coming up with ideas and suggestions which have benefited ARC greatly.

Finally, a big thank you to all of you who have donated. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and see you all on the track

Cheers,
    Doug

Claponi, kamkie, Cirith Ungol and 6 others like this.