1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Hi Dough
    Sometimes I am looking at my past sessions and can not figure out on which server I have been.
    Is there anywhere stored server name?

2. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

I don't think ACC makes that information available anywhere unfortunately

3. Niko31

Niko31 Gamer

Hello @Doug Duthie ,

I don't know if it's a side effect of Multiplayer identification fix in 1.12.2 version, but now in single player sessions the displayed driver is the in-game driver, not me. This implies that my best lap times in single player are not assigned to me anymore and don't appears in ARC leaderboard.
    Hope my explanation is clear, tell me if you need more information.
    And I have a question, do you think it's possible in "circuit" tab to filter results by session type ? I mean to display best laps in hotlap, qualifying, races, ...

Regards,

Nico

4. Doug Duthie

Hi Nico,
    I've just run a SP race and I can't reproduce. Can you export the diagnostics (instructions here - https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/page-34#post-3324812) and I'll see what's going on.

I probably won't be able to add that sort of filter to circuits. The dynamic fastest lap type queries on the raw data are killing performance and I'm moving to driving the queries from summary tables (where only the fastest laps per player/car/track are stored)

EDIT: Don't worry..Just managed to reproduce it. It affects hotstints not SP races

EDIT2: I've found the problem now...it was indeed related to the MP driver identification. I'm just working out now how to fix up recorded SP sessions since 1.12.2 so it identifies you as the driver

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  5. N.Madeira

N.Madeira Gamer

Hey @Doug Duthie, a bit of a report here and possibly help if you can.
    I've been training Mount Panorama and so maintained a close look at the leaderboard.
    Today a new user (see if you recornigse his name :D) showed up in number 1 with a crazy fast lap:
    upload_2021-5-31_17-43-20.png

When such data shows up on the leaderboard what I normally do is delete the record of the user... this time I delete the record for it to be replaced with another record... later I tried to delete the whole groups of records associated to the user... and it's stuck... neither I can delete the records nor the user :)
    Help... get this Doug Duthie our of my ACC Results Companion :)

6. N.Madeira

N.Madeira Gamer

And then... this Doug Duthie guy disappeared just like he entered the leaderboard :)

upload_2021-5-31_18-15-47.png

7. Doug Duthie

Just testing a new feature that ensures I'm at the top of the leaderboards ;)

I came across a bug where the query to publish a player's fastest laps would very occasionally assign the wrong track name to the lap. Basically the query to get the fastest laps was horrendous. I'm just testing a replacement mechanism which should fix the bogus records and speed things up a bit. You may see a few entries at the top of each leaderboard which look suspiciously low. These should disappear when people update to the next version. If you don't want to wait, you can right click on the record and select Blacklist Record

N.Madeira likes this.
  8. N.Madeira

N.Madeira Gamer

I figured it was something like that when I realised it was your name :) but always important to report to you.
    Can you please change it so that it's my name at the top of each track's leaderboard? :cool: :D

Doug Duthie likes this.
  9. Niko31

Niko31 Gamer

Hi @Doug Duthie ,

Sorry for my late answer. I'm surprised that you don't reproduce it in SP races and on only hotstints. On my side, I can confirm that I have this issue on SP sessions (race, qualifying and free pratice in my championship season).
    Here is the user ID for my diagnostics : iMLGyxg65Qw2OF-z2897Ou3R0QE285HF71f8FuO85UY
    You will see that in all my latest sessions (the ones in Kyalami), i'm not appearing in the list. But I'm driving the #10 Mercedes (you can guess it because it's the only car with Fuel value).
    Another thing, session results are not displayed in the correct order by default, we have to click on "Position" to order it.

Thanks,

Nico

10. Doug Duthie

SP races are a special case - it merges the results from the results file and Broadcast/Shared Memory as a mechanism to work around resumed saved races (and identifying the player from files works differently). Everything else just uses a single source.

Anyway, I'm just testing a fix which should also correct any sessions not recorded properly.

I know about the ordering issue - basically the saved ordering of laps in normal mode is conflicting with the ordering in final standings (which should always be lap/position). I'm just trying to find time to fix this

11. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.12.4 Released (here)

This update is mainly about bugfixes/improvements rather than features

Leaderboards

The leaderboard was becoming very slow. With nearly 9000 entries on some tracks, this was becoming unmanageable. Previously, the fastest laps were extracted directly from the timing tables with a single query. While this had the advantage that any timing changes were instantly reflected on the leaderboard, it was incredibly inefficient for the large table sizes.

Now, leaderboards will be a static summary of the fastest laps only (updates only at session end/when leaderboard records are received). This makes both the leaderboard and circuits screens much faster to update. Now the bottleneck is just rendering the results in the page rather than the database query.

In addition, the previous query, which was horrendous, looks like it had a bug in a small number of cases. For some users, it would report times against the wrong track on the global leaderboard. For example, on the longer tracks (eg Spa) you may see the leaderboard headed by suspiciously low times. I believe this is a manifestation of the bug and the leaderboard records should be corrected when those users update, and their records will be corrected.

A final benefit is now leaderboards don't use the same tables as the regular sessions, the space requirements are much smaller. Once the DB maintenance task runs (once every 30 days normally), the DB may shrink by about 150MB.

Leaderboard Blacklists

[​IMG]

A filter has been added to the leaderboard to let you show or hide blacklisted records (aimed at those bad records described above). You can also un-blacklist a record by right clicking on the row.

Results Summary Pop-up

I finally got fed up with the behaviour of this. It attempts to display in the foreground at the end of the session. However, at certain points ACC will also jump to the foreground. In an attempt to "win" the foreground, the pop-up repetitively retried for 5 seconds. This became really annoying. Now you can specify how many times the pop-up will try this, and the interval between retries.

[​IMG]

Other Bug-fixes/changes

• Fixed bug (from 1.12.2) in SP events (Hotlaps, hotstints, practice, qualifying) where the virtual driver name was displayed rather than the player name
    • Log settings have been moved to the log page
    • Filter added to the backups page (only some of the filters work at the moment)
    • The sessions Lap Record/Personal best filters have been changed on the sessions page as they had poor performance. At the moment the combined filter (Show/Exclude both LR & PB) is non-functional

NebulaSmudge, JakubFranek and Niko31 like this.
  12. N.Madeira

N.Madeira Gamer

@Doug, you’ve been busy, will install later. Great work.

13. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Hello Doug

I recently encountered a peculiar bug. It seems like Fuel calculation data for Circuit Paul Ricard (any year) and Ferrari 488 EVO are not logging properly. I spent a few of sessions at that track recently, ACC Results Companion has simply no Fuel data for the track and car combination. It does show data for the older Ferrari 488 (non-EVO) though. All the other tracks are fine with Ferrari 488 EVO and show fuel. Let me know if you need me to send any files to help you debug. Cheers!

Doug Duthie likes this.
  14. Doug Duthie

If you export the diagnostics (instructions here - https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/page-34#post-3324812), I'll see what is going on

15. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

16. Doug Duthie

It looks like you just have 3 sessions in the 488 EVO at Paul Ricard, 2x hotlaps and a practice for 2 laps. Hotlaps don't generate fuel figures as the load is always 10L. For other sessions I need more than 1 regular lap to calculate fuel consumption. As the first lap is an outlap, the calculation isn't made. Note that Hotstints/Races are special cases as the first lap is a regular flying lap, so only two laps minimum are required, for all others 3 laps or more are needed

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  17. N.Madeira

N.Madeira Gamer

Installed the newer version, blacklisted users don't show and the drop down menu works as well.
    Now, the problem is that I'm blacklisted in all tracks :( right click my records and ask the app to remove me from the black list... that doesn't work, I'm blacklisted and can only see my records on the leaderboard if I choose to ignore the blacklist, bringing back all the other wrong records I had blacklisted before.
    That's the status over here.

18. Doug Duthie

Can you export the diagnostics (instructions at https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/page-34#post-3324812) so I can see what is going on
    Thanks

19. N.Madeira

N.Madeira Gamer

20. Doug Duthie