1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. unpierrot

unpierrot Racer

You can save ACCResults.DB from C:\Users\<Your User Name>\Documents\ACCResults
    Then reinstall from scratch to start a with fresh (empty) database

2. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

As @unpierrot says, you can rename ACCResults.DB. When you start ARC the next time, it will create a new fresh DB. (No need to reinstall)

Another option (if you wanted to still access your old times) if to activate user profiles. I’m not at my PC at the moment so can’t fully explain the mechanism although it should be described in the help. Basically you could have a profile for prior to ACC 1.8 pointing at your old ARC folder and create a new profile pointing to a new folder to record everything from now.

Finally, another option which I’ll probably use myself. On the basis that I’ll most likely use only 2021 tracks from now on (and assuming servers will now default to 2021 tracks), I’ll assume for my purposes that 2018-2020 times were ACC 1.7 and 2021 times were ACC 1.8. I’ll be adding 2021 tracks with the next patch.

As a side note, I see BGT races on 2021 tracks now use DHE tyres. I haven’t tried it yet but assume the same applies for ICGT. In the absence of anything better, I’ll make a change to default to 2021 track if DHE tyres are detected. Of course that doesn’t help for Cup, ST and possibly GT4 (or indeed in the wet) so it’s not ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyK70 likes this.
  3. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.13.12 (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

• ACC 1.8 : Add BMW M4 GT3 (including ECU map analysis)
    • ACC 1.8: Add 2021 tracks (2021 tracks now default if DHE tyres detected)
    • BUGFIX: Session total time was finish time of last car on same lap as leader - Now leader time
    • New optional fields on lap (accurate only to broadcast interval plus broadcast latency...eg 1/10 second for broadcast interval of 100)
      • Lap 0 timestamp (offset from leader car crosses start line on lap zero)
      • Real timestamp (calculated timestamp at end of lap)
      • Lap completed timestamp (timestamp from ACC)
      • Real duration (Total session time for car)

4. Tophattingson

Tophattingson Rookie

Renaming the DB did do the trick. Thanks.

5. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Thank you!

6. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.13.13 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

Brake Temperatures
    Brake temperatures and compounds are now records in the laps and also in the post session tyre set dialog. On laps, the average temperature for the lap is displayed

Font Contrast Adjustment
    To re-cap, the colour of the font is chosen (black or white) to contrast with the background colour of a heatmap. On dark blues (as in very cold brakes), this didn't work too well as pure blue is much darker than pure red or green. Therefore in a addition to overall font contrast, you can tune the weighting for each colour (here the weight for blue is reduced, to ensure a white font displays on blue)
    [​IMG]

Fuel Widget
    Think of this one as a proof of concept. The idea is to show an overlay of fuel required and so on, so you don't have to switch to ARC to find the figures. This is not a true overlay so only really works properly if ACC is not full screen - ie
    [​IMG]

If you can't live with this restriction, then the fuel widget isn't for you. Maybe at some point in the future, I'll look at doing a proper overlay in DirectX or whatever.

The fuel overlay is activated as follows.

[​IMG]

The fuel overlay will now be display when in a race.
    [​IMG]

The widget can be dragged around the screen and its position will be saved. Close the widget using the close (X) button, which will turn off the Show fuel widget option.

The reduce performance impact, fuel usage statistics and average lap time (both used to estimate the required fuel) are only calculated at the start of the session. If no fuel statistics or lap times are available, estimates may not be available for the first session with the car/track combination.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    kamkie, Want2BFast, AndyK70 and 2 others like this.
  7. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Awesome feature ! I don't even have to turn my head by 40° to check my second monitor :D

Want2BFast and AndyK70 like this.
  8. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Nice!!!

9. Simon Carr

Simon Carr Rookie

Great work on the App, loving it! :cool: However, I have a small issue since the last update; the display colours have gone a little 'weird'! See the screenshots below for example. Could you please look into this? Thanks! :)

Capture_1.PNG Capture_2.PNG Capture_3.PNG

10. Doug Duthie

Sorry...white backgrounds went a bit weird with the default font contrast. Play around with the slider on the settings page until you get an acceptable contrast

upload_2021-12-5_18-51-10.png

NebulaSmudge and Simon Carr like this.
  11. Simon Carr

Simon Carr Rookie

Yep, that sorted it! Thank you :)

12. Doug Duthie

BUG: White backgrounds showing white text
    To everyone affected.

Sorry - stupid mistake. I hadn't assigned defaults to the new colour weightings

[​IMG]

If you move these to the other end of the scale, it should choose the correct contrast

[​IMG]

I'll put a change in to fix the defaults and to ensure you don't get white on white or black on black

Bradbury, steeltom and AndyK70 like this.
  13. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Thanks, Doug. Was so simple I feel sheepish for asking LOL

14. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.13.14 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)
    • Fix font colour contrast defaults - prevent white text on white background
    • Remove BMW M4 ECU mode 9
    • Allow position of widgets to be saved
    • ARC CPU usage widget
    • Tyre Sets window has option to remain on top (to be used for comparison in ACC setup)
    • Tyre Sets title shows the session description the tyre sets are for

15. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion 1.14.0 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

Infrastructure updates
    The app is now updated to .NET framework 4.8 and some of the included packages (SQLite particularly have been updated to the latest version). Due to problems getting some things working now with 32 bit, the app will now only be 64 bit. I’m assuming that no-one still runs 32 bit Windows. If you do however, you should stick to v1.13.x but there won’t be any further updates to the 32 bit install.

Overlays
    Overlays have been changed to be more consistent

Overlays can be used to display a results summary at the end of a session, or in session fuel etc..
    [​IMG]

Note: Overlays are only designed to work if ACC is NOT running in full screen mode (see below). If you cannot, or do not want to run ACC with fullscreen disabled, then overlays will not work properly or may cause ACC to flash, so you should not use this feature.

Appearance
    The appearance of all widgets can be customised using the Appearance button.

[​IMG]

A dialog is shown allowing you to customise the font, colour and background. A test label is also shown with these applied settings. In addition, a test widget is displayed with your current settings

[​IMG]

When you change the font, colour and background, the test widget will be updated so you can see how this looks

Note, some colours may always be fixed (generally applies to value fields such as times and fuel levels where the colour will indicate the status).

Note, the background can be transparent. However, how effective this is, depends on the contrast of the screen background so use this with caution.

Lap Times Overlay
    This can be shown by selecting the Show Laps Widget in settings.
    [​IMG]

The columns are as follows:-
    • Lap type
    • Race number of car the time is for (#nn). For Record this may be another player's car
    • Lap number the lap is from
    • Lap time
    • Sector 1, 2 and 3

upload_2022-1-16_13-10-41.png

Timing Colors
    The timing colours are driven from the Lap/Sector colour configuration on the settings page. Therefore, if the settings are as follows, the timing widget will be displayed accordingly.

For current/last laps, the following colours are used:-

• Slower - slower than player's previous fastest
    • Faster - Faster than player's previous fastest
    • Sector Max - Fastest player sector and faster than the sector for the record lap (note this isn't necessarily the fastest across all players - only the fastest overall is relayed at this point)
    • Record Lap - Player is the fastest in the session
    • Invalid lap - Player went beyond track limits at least once on the lap
    For Best laps, the following colours are used:-
    • Slower - The sector is slower than player's fastest
    • Faster - The lap/sector time is the player's fastest
    • Sector Max - The sector is the player's fastest and the fastest overall
    • Record Lap - The laptime is the fastest overall
    Selecting Times
    You can select which times are displayed by right clicking on the widget - note at least one must be selected

Fuel Overlay
    The widget has been updated to switch to actual consumption after enough information is available in the session.

upload_2022-1-16_13-11-6.png

Shared Memory Widget
    This is really just a development tool, but if you are interested in interrogating ACC shared memory (and broadcast settings) in a session, then this might be useful.

This is activated using the Show SHM Widget in settings.

To add fields, right click and add fields required.

[​IMG]

The fields are organised into the shared memory regions and also the broadcast flags. See the relevant ACC documentation for descriptions of the fields.
    [​IMG]

Note, where the field is an array, only up to 5 values are shown, just so everything fits on the screen.

Default Tracks
    2021 tracks are now the default for everything except GT3 cars using DHD2 tyres

Bugfixes
    • Tab headers make a return – I managed to break these in a recent update
    • Broadcast sessions weren’t being fully closed properly. This may have caused problems which a resource leak…possibly preventing new ACC connections if ARC was left running for a long period

Attached Files:

AndyK70, Rolz, Niko31 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion 1.14.1 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)
    Another quick updates with a few bug fixes (described at https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/post-3480329). Also some changes with the widgets
    Damage Overlay
    This is only really to save a couple of button clicks on the MFD and some metal arithmetic. If selected, this widget is normally hidden but will become visible when any contact or accident is made, or damage is incurred.
    [​IMG]

The damage is split into aero (body) damage and suspension damage, This displays the repair time for each type of damage. Note for suspension, the maximum damage is 2 minutes (30 seconds per corner)
    The Contacts counts the number of times damage occurs and counts collisions both with other cars and with barriers. Accidents is a count of the contacts with other cars in multiplayer only. Note, there is not necessarily a direct correlation between accidents and contacts. A single contact incurring damage may be with multiple cars for count as multiple accidents. In addition, it is possible to have a collision with another car that incurs no damage. Therefore this may be counted as an accident, but not as a contact.

Laps Overlay
    [​IMG]

Optimal lap is now included. This is the fastest potential lap based on the individual fastest sectors. If faster that the overall session best, this is displayed in the fastest colour (here purple)

In addition, it is clear that the estimated adjustment for race lap 1 (ACC added a large random time to sector 1) isn't reliable, so this will never be considered for best/optimal lap

Appearance Dialog

The test widget from the appearance dialog is no more. Instead. all selected widgets will be displayed in test mode. Change the appearance and move them around as desired. For the damage widget, you should definitely position it first from this dialog, as it is normally hidden (you don't want it popping up in an unwanted place)

17. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.14.2 Released - (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)
    • Speed up initialisation - non-critical tasks made asynchronous
    • Enrich all columns for SP race laps (brake temps etc)
    • Ensure app closes if cancel pressed from User Profile dialog
    • Enforce 96 DPI and turn off auto-scaling for other resolutions
    • Updated help - how to improve blurry text at other resolutions
    • BUGFIX: All listbox columns have sizing restrictions removed
    • BUGFIX: Fix broadcast error message when starting ARC when ACC is already in session
    • BUGFIX: Fix error when getting confirmation message box when deleting a session
    • BUGFIX: Last lap of previous hotstint creates new session

18. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

There is a spectator mode toggle, but I don’t recall seeing an explanation of how to use it. I didn’t miss it, did I? Not rushing you to release anything; I’m just not sure if it should be self-explanatory.

19. Doug Duthie

It is really only to enable a slightly different mode for testing. It may well break other things, so don't use it at the moment

Want2BFast likes this.
  20. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

That’s what I suspected. Thanks!