1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

£$%^ it! :mad: It's the same issue as restarting a session. It isn't correctly recognising this as a new session so isn't setting up the UDP connection correctly.

So, basically, I need to to a lot more testing with these scenarios to work out when it is safe to re-initialise UDP and when it isn't (the downside of re-initialising regardless is I risk getting complete repeated settings).

I'm guessing the workaround for SP is to always return to ACC main menu between sessions (which I know is a pain). I think MP should be ok, although I probably need to check again.

It's probably going to take me a while to sort out as there's lots of scenarios to run

2. Mitch Wright

Mitch Wright Rookie

Thanks Doug. Appreciate the effort.

3. Doug Duthie

4. kamkie

kamkie Gamer

looks like moving ARC data folder is brocken now, after app restart it is back to default folder
    Document folder is not best default for ARC becouse by default on new windows instalations it is sync to onedrive and with my db file size (~200MB) it constantly uploading new version of a db file

5. Doug Duthie

OK - I'll have a look at it

kamkie likes this.
  6. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.15.3 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

I keep on adding to this update, so I thought I'd better release it now or it will go on forever

Live Leaderboard Widget
    This has been asked for and is a poor man's leaderboard. It you didn't want to run something a bit more sophisticated like Racelabs as well, then ARC has you covered.

This is just an initial release to get it into the wild and see how it behaves.

It can be activated from the settings page:

[​IMG]

Choose which columns you want to display by right clicking on the widget
    [​IMG]

and the widget will keep a live positional record of the race
    [​IMG]
    It maintains the overall and class positions, along with best, average and last laps. You'll see that everything is generally colour coded by class (White=GT3, Blue = GT4 etc) wihch the exception that the player car is highlighted with the name in Magenta.

The leaderboard shows the top 3 places followed by 3 cars either side of the player and should adjust dynamically. Gaps are relative to the player

Note: It wouldn't be ARC without some odd behaviour!
    • Position deltas don't work yet. ACC isn't making it tricky to get the initial position
    • Positions generally are calculated on the fly as the positions reported by ACC over UDP appear to have a huge lag (sometimes up to half a lap). They work out the positions based on number of laps and car position. This will occasionally give some odd results which I'll work on in the future
      • At tracks where the start line isn't the finish line (eg Spa), this gives an odd order until everything has crossed the start lap (everything is reported on lap 0 but cars at the end of the field have a postion greater than cars at the start)
      • ACC can increment the lap count before the position (spline) is updated. So cars crossing the line may briefly jump to the top of the table as they appear to be a lap up
    • Gaps are powered by Unicorn tears and Pixie dust. As such don't take them to seriously. They estimate the gaps based on distances and player speed so you will see some considerable rubber banding
    • Practice/Qualifying positions aren't yet supported
    Damage widget
    Now you can optionally see damage detail rather than totals. Right click on the widget to select rows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other items
    • Leaderboard. Save row limit and 0 = unlimited
    • BUGFIX: Leaderboard alignment - rank truncated
    • BUGFIX: Leaderboard - re-instate blacklists
    • BUGFIX: Fix tyre sets dialog for SP races
    • BUGFIX: Car/Track History - Fix optimal lap
    • BUGFIX: Add back the installation folder option
    • BUGFIX: Move ACC Data Folder Fixed
    • Help updated

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    AndyK70 and kamkie like this.
  7. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion 1.15.4 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

This release is just about adding to the live leaderboard widget.

[​IMG]
    Main changes:
    • Position delta (Δ) and class position delta (CΔ) activated, Shows the positions gained or loss since the start of the race
    • Calculated gaps more accurate. More unicorn tears have now been added to the mix. For the first lap, the gaps are purely estimated based on the gap distance and the current player speed. However, it builds knowledge of the player speed through each element of the track (split into 100 microsectors). After the first lap, it then uses the microsector speed map to give a more representative approximation of the gap. This eliminates the previous gap rubber-banding and should be closer to the gap shown in the ACC MFD
    • The player line has been made more visible (more contrast in background and most fields magenta) as I found it difficult to quickly identify read in the heat of a race
    • In a similar fashion, most fields now colour coded to the class
    Known issues & Restrictions
    • Gaps/positions not yet relevant to practice/qualifying
    • Widget has no meaning on hotstint, hotlap, spectator sessions. It will be disabled in the future on these sessions
    • Before all cars cross the start lap, positions and gaps will be all over the place. It isn't until everything has crossed the start line that it is possible to update values correctly
    • Selecting/unselecting columns (right click) is a bit weird at the moment
      • The click location is a bit sensitive (I think it only works on the gaps between lines/fields). This is on the list to improve
      • When unselecting columns, the format sometimes goes weird. I found that selecting and unselecting the column appears to fix it. It looks like the redraw happens in the wrong place
    • Start line gap not yet implemented
    • When the player crosses the line, gaps briefly go haywire. I think this might be the same issue where ACC increments lap number before resetting spline (track location)

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  8. kobra167

kobra167 Rookie

I seemed to have a Leaderboard error. The error appears to have deleted all my previous entries on all track leaderboards even though all of the session data is still present in the app. Very weird.

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  9. kobra167

kobra167 Rookie

Nevermind on the previous post. It was caused by a game glitched game profile. Fixing the profile and hitting the rebuild button fixed it.

AndyK70 and Doug Duthie like this.
  10. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.15.5 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

Further updates to the leaderboard widget.

Columns:
    [​IMG]

Race Leaderboard:
    • Positions ordered by position on track (updated each second)
      • Note, there may be a mismatch with ACC positions which are slower to update
    • Gaps in tenths (Gap relative to player, GapL relative to class leader)
      • Note GapL may jump as cars cross lap...it doesn't yet properly take account of laps completed differences
    >[​IMG]

Qualifying Leaderboard:
    • Positions ordered by time
    • Gap shown to thousands of a second
    • Gap relative to player
    • GapL relative to leader in class
    • Deltas don't really mean much in this context
    [​IMG]

Choose Columns
    Right click the widget and choose the required columns.
    Move Columns
    To rearrange columns, move over the column you want to move - this should not be the header (dragging the header moves the widget). The cursor will change to the hand icon. Drag with the left column to the column you want to move to the original column before. The Widget will then redraw

Finally, thanks again to all of you who have donated. It is greatly appreciated

11. Mangoat

Mangoat Rookie

Not seeing sector 2 times at Spa since latest ACC update. Is the Game not spitting out UDP for this sector or, maybe it's changed the format of what it does send

12. Doug Duthie

I've not had a chance to test with the new update yet. I'll try to make some time at the weekend

13. Doug Duthie

I've just had a chance to run a couple of test laps and all sector times are there.

Can you change to SuperVerbose logging mode then run another lap at Spa to see if you can reproduce the issue.

[​IMG]

Then can you export diagnostics ( instructions at https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/page-34#post-3324812) so I can see what is going on.
    Cheers

14. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion 1.16.0 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

Support for American DLC

The 3 new US tracks are recognised. I've included the track records for GT3, GT4 and TCX. I can't find details for the other classes.

It's good to see there are already a healthy number of entries on the leaderboard
    [​IMG]

Unsurprisingly (to me at least) Watkins Glen is far more popular than the other 2 tracks.

Jump to session re-instated
    Jump to session has now been re-instated - it broke some time ago without me noticing.

A quick reminder. For Circuit and Leaderboard entries for the player, if you double click on the row, it will jump straight to the lap in the session.

Other notices
    The help file has again been updated. Most common questions are answered here. You can access help by either pressing F1 or clicking the ? button.

From the leaderboard on the Glen, I see that some users still have quite old versions of ARC. I think the current record holder is on 1.9.9 which was released in 2020. If you are in this exclusive group and still like/use ARC, it is really worth upgrading as
    • The newer ACC tracks & cars are supported
    • There are a huge number of stability fixes
    • New features are constantly being added
    Finally, a big thank you again to all those who have donated. It is greatly appreciated.

NebulaSmudge, Mangoat and AndyK70 like this.
  15. Mangoat

Mangoat Rookie

All good after latest ARC update - All sector times are showing. May have just been a glitch at my end of things.

Cheers!

16. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.16.1 Released (here)

Track Sectors

Someone requested that track sectors be displayed on the track images as a reference

[​IMG]
    • First sector is green
    • Second is white
    • Third is red
    Bugfixes
    Some important fixes to leaderboards where records may not have been uploaded correctly

• BUGFIX: Leaderboards not uploaded if user hasn't previously uploaded records
    • BUGFIX: Possible exception uploading Leaderboards - database closed
    • BUGFIX: Leaderboard records not uploaded for American DLC tracks
    • BUGFIX: Spectator mode typo
    Finally, a big thank you again to all those who have donated. It is greatly appreciated.

17. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Thank you @Doug Duthie for your continuous work and improvement.

Just FYI a little format mishap:
    upload_2022-7-17_11-9-45.png

If I remember correctly it's in there for ages, didn't bother me, just wanted to let you know as no one ever mentioned it until now.

18. Doug Duthie

Whoops - I seem to be the king of typos :oops:

This will be fixed in the next release

19. Doug Duthie

20. Simon Carr

Simon Carr Rookie

Just a minor request... regarding the fuel widget, would it be possible to have the levels displayed to one decimal place please?

kamkie likes this.