1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing ACC Safety rating

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Pitralon, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Pitralon

Pitralon Rookie

Is that implemented? Not seeing any difference in driver behaviour on servers, no matter what my settings.

Raklödder likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Discussing AC vs. ACC Aug 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Discussing GT4 in ACC Jul 21, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Driving Position and Ergonomics Feb 20, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Discussing AI (no reports) Mar 20, 2021
    ACC Physics Discussing the BMW M6 GT3 Jul 28, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Discussing MP Mixed-Class Racing - GT3/GT4 Jul 9, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Release 1.3.1x Apr 15, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents Jan 15, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Discussing hardware, rigs and performance [CONTROLLER REPORTS IN THE CONTROLS SECTION PLEASE] Nov 1, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Unreal Sep 13, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Driving Views Apr 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Real-Life Motorsports - 2019 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 Dec 28, 2018
    ACC Multiplayer ACC dedicated server race start hangs, but only on Nordshleife Saturday at 6:06 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Access violation on game startup . The UE4-AC2 game has crashed Apr 11, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Setting Apr 7, 2024

3. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Don't think that the servers can make use of ratings at the moment.

Turk likes this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think we need to wait til the advanced MP and new MP code comes before we see ratings effected and used in MP.

Turk likes this.
  5. Pitralon

Pitralon Rookie

thanks for the info. glad to hear it isn't implemented yet.

safety rating is a key selling point for me and i do hope this turns out good. pub races are just a joke usually and i dont have time to race leagues.

6. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Wow! Just spent some time online this afternoon (I've been mostly single player due to the known MP bugs with the build as it currently stands). It is a demolition derby out there! You're right, the safety rating cannot be implemented quick enough!

7. Quick race against AI. 90% strength 50% agression. Random starting position 10th. 30 min race without any contact or track cut with purple lap and P2 at the end. Safety rating at start 85% after the race 75%. WTF?

8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Try again with same settings and car, but choose at least a gold ranked driver.

tjr and Németh Gábor like this.
  9. Pitralon

Pitralon Rookie

Have a look at this article:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...acc-rating-system-part-ii-long-version.51975/

What I do take from it is that SA can drop even if you don't have contacts, crashes with other cars or go off track. How I understand it is that by driving solo without engaging in car to car battles you are losing SA, since you didn't "prove" your capabilities to race clean.

I might be wrong, thoug. The article isn't very clear, I find.

In any way, I think the safety rating doesn't receive enough attention. there are no updates or infos and the average carnage in online races does not give me the impression that wreckers are being filtered out.

I would hope ACC gets this sorted out and sim racers find a clean place to race other than iracing that costs an arm and a leg.

Németh Gábor likes this.
  10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

11. I tried it. 5% have come back. You know something Bro ;)

sps_for_race likes this.
  12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

So if you take AM driver and dominate the race you will get good SA rating..interesting i should test this

13. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

So what's going on here? Exploitable bug, problem with none-gold drivers, or intentional system?

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

sounds more like coincidence

D.Jankovic likes this.
  15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Coincidence? Not for me, it is reproduceable.
    Everytime with bronce driver losing a lot SA, if choosing gold or platinum I,'m gaining.

16. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Did you tested it?
    It is not about dominating the race!
    Just the choise of the high ranked driver makes the difference. Did so many races and for me it is definatly reproduceable.
    Dropping SA as bronce driver ist fast, without any touches or leaving tracklimits, gaining slowly with gold or platinum, but constant.
    Maybe because I don't let the higher class pass me, when I'm driving as a bronce driver or overtaking them? Aggression of AI is set to 60, skill 92-95.
    No coincident, dreaming or imagination on my side.

P. S. Talking only about offline races.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I meant to try this out yesterday but didn't find the time. Hopefully tonight .

sps_for_race and D.Jankovic like this.
  18. tchoob

tchoob Rookie

Are you guys sure this depends on driver level? I have experienced losing or gaining SA without contact, but this depended on the AI level. On Zolder I'm generally faster than the AI on the approach to the penultimate corner. Very often I would be alongside the AI before braking, usually passing under braking (a bit divebomby, probably). Now, how this is scored for the SA seems to depend on the braking performance of the car being passed. Against level 90 AI, I will outbrake them significantly, entering the corner firmly ahead. Against level 100 AI, I will enter the corner slightly ahead, and we will go through the corner side by side, with me half a car ahead. There's no contact either way, but the first pass will award SA, while the second pass will make me lose SA.

19. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Never changed the AI Level between my races, same settings like stated above at any track.
    Mentioned this in december already, no Zolder available that time but it happens there as well.

20. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Same here :)

sps_for_race likes this.
  21. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Ok, just ran two quick races:
    Each 20 mins @ Zolder, 19 opponents, AI at 90/50, starting position 11 so I would be 'in the thick of it' from the start, both run in the Lambo, first race with a gold rated driver, second with a bronze.

I'll admit it's a limited test, but on this evidence I'm not convinced that there is any difference attributed to how safety is calculated between the two, my rating was fairly stable through both races and floated around 87. In fact it stayed between 86-88 which I think is very consistent.

Now usually I don't pay attention to the rating numbers while in races, but I should say that a couple of things did catch my eye. Please note that these are not complaints, merely observations:

1. During one lap (which was entirely clean) I was overtaken, cleanly, by an opponent. As I crossed the line my safety went down by one. Not sure what about my driving was unsafe, but perhaps I unwittingly obstructed the driver behind? Again, not to my mind. This while assuming a gold rated driver profile.

2. Following another mid-race clean lap in which I was amongst a pack of cars and cleanly overtook two opponents, my rating did not improve at all. I thought I demonstrated exceptionally good, clean racing technique, even if I do say so myself, so it was a shame to see that the rating system did not concur with me. This while assuming a bronze rated driver.

3. While racing with no opponents around me I put in an entirely clean lap which also happened to be my quickest over both races. To my dismay this also dropped my safety rating by one. I can not for the life of me suggest what about this lap was unclean, it was entirely within track limits and the car was under control throughout.

In summary, I had two fantastic races against the AI. No complaints about their behaviour whatsoever. A real pleasure.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    D.Jankovic likes this.