1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing ACC Safety rating

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Pitralon, Feb 6, 2019.

1. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

With 488 in Misano, went from 86->76 during 2h race. No incidents, well maybe one small punt, but mostly consistent laptimes. I guess this might have something to do how I brake at the end of long "straight", where Ferrari might be in a little 4 wheel slide. I would consider it safe but maybe the ranking system does not..

2. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I would have thought that should have an effect on the car control and consistency. Did you notice if it did?
    I suppose there is no reason it shouldn't also affect safety, but it feels very harsh to knock you down for a whole 10 points of you had no adverse incidents with other drivers.

3. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I hope this is not the case. Often you can spend the majority of a race not challenging for position with opponents, so it seems odd to be penalised for this. It would make sense to 'freeze' the rating until such a time as it's tested, but if it were to fall when your driving is ostensibly 'safe' doesn't feel quite right to me.

EDIT: Having re-read the blog post it seems to read that you earn most SA where the racing action is high-risk but you avoid/avert accidents, fewer SA points where the racing is less risky and no SA points when there are no interactions. If I'm inferring correctly then that theory feels right to me .

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  4. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Checked the consistency after race and the bar was well on green. Cannot remember actual values of the consistency rating, it does not seem to change that suddenly. Maybe I'll do some more testing, also with the mentioned using gold/bronze driver as I won the race using bronze driver

5. Pitralon

Pitralon Rookie

... well, would be about time kunos posted some clarifying comments.

6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

And another case of lack of patience. They will clarify it in due time, most probably when they are preparing for the final release, not when *you* think they need to do it.

BoinkTheBeaver and jaxx_za like this.
  7. Pitralon

Pitralon Rookie

... and another case of a self-proclaimed developer representative.

interestingly, ALL your posts are the same lame wise-***, useless comment.

enjoy your crusade.

8. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Call me whatever you want, I don't care, but you know I am right ;)

EDIT: and please, do you really think the post I quoted was useful? Useful for what exactly?

9. Locutos

Locutos Rookie

Whats going on with the SA rating? I lose points without a problem this past week, I have dropped from 90 to 81 but cannot seem to get it back. Tonight I had a great race at Nuburgring, was in 4th position and 0.4 secs behind 3rd place for several laps, we never touched and had some really good racing but I gained nothing on my SA, didnt even see the numbers go green. WHY? (So bleedin frustrating!!!!)

10. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

You might want to check the graph of your SA rating. Most probably good sessions on its left hand side are phased out, so the average decreases a bit before it levels out again.
    Keep doing good races and old bad sessions will be phased out and your average will increase again.

11. Phantom_Mark

Phantom_Mark Rookie

I recently did a 2hr race, led from start to finish with the AI less than 1.0 - 2.0 secs behind the whole race, dropped a bunch of SA at the end despite no contacts, at that point I gave up on the SA rating thing and am just ignoring it now tbh. Gone from 90+ to 65 in a few weeks as I can't be bothered driving for SA any longer, I just race as clean as possible and race to have fun now - and it is a lot more fun when you are not worrying about a rating system you don't quite understand.

12. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Just sped read this and please correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see any mention of driving in close proximity to opponents (AI or Human).
    This is the factor that leads to SA increase. Also if you have had a good SA session some time ago , it ages and drops out of the period being assessed therefore a new clean session with little or no close proximity racing can cause drops. it's all in the documentation and has been discussed to death.

13. Phantom_Mark

Phantom_Mark Rookie

I actually tested that aspect, I deliberately drove in close proximity for a full 30m race twice, within 1sec to 1.5 sec average and still barely got 1 or 2 points , I also did a whole hour race where every lap was generally with half second to 1 second max and only manged to attain 1 or 2 points consistency - 2 times now, my experience prior to this was positive, it felt like something changed in the last update when it comes to those scores tbh, as it seems near impossible to build on them despite driving most days for at least an hour.

14. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I think you need to drive within 1/2 sec

15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

What do you expect?
    From 0 to 99 SA in 20minutes?

16. Phantom_Mark

Phantom_Mark Rookie

Always one smart alec.....I have over 200hrs in ACC so hardly complaining , if you read my previous post you will see I am comparing my current experience with previous experience on the back of the notion things feel different after the last update ?

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

It was a simple question.

18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I think you need to be in 0.3 or 0.4 range from other cars to gain safety rating from them. You also gotta keep in mind that the higher your safety rating is, the harder it will be to gain safety rating. Especially when racing against AI, this to avoid farming rating.
    And like Winston says, old stats get replaced by new ones as you do more races. So if you've done a couple really clean races, and then a number of very bad races, at one point the clean races will be removed from the stats and only the bad races will be there. This will ofcourse mean your rating will drop, until the bad races are removed.

I don't think anything changed with the last update, with regards to safety rating.

Winston and Phantom_Mark like this.
  19. Phantom_Mark

Phantom_Mark Rookie

I had a couple of bad races where the AI were just being plain nasty around "The Mountain" , after 2 attempts and dropping from around 90% SA to 65% SA I kinda lost hope ,despite lots of clean hours since and many races trying to acquire it all back I must admit I have kinda given up hope, all the previous SA was gained against the AI because I couldn't find any clean races online with such a low SA previously, hence made the effort to increase it by racing lots etc.

20. The ratings are broken. Since a while now and nobody cares about it.
    Rolling the dice is less random than the functionality of the ratings.

JnJ | Rayleigh and Phantom_Mark like this.