1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Screenshots Beginners' Guide

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by phil, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Very clear now, Thanks all!

Now, I'll start looking for info/examples of using other tools we have like Exposure Gain, Tone, etc.... Any suggestions on where to look :)?

2. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Quick question.

Is there any way to take screens while using HDR?
    Both FRAPS and F12/F8 don't work.

Ta

3. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

I really wonder how this will translate to the console release. I am an active virtual photographer so I sincerely hope this feature will be implemented like a kind of official photomode. Is there anything known?

D.Jankovic likes this.
  4. alex_savo

alex_savo Simracer

So, I have got stuck with photos, infact I have also managed to get Dejan confused aswell.

Please see the video link below. Why is it that I cannot get the blurred background effect to work? We are both stuck.

EddardBey likes this.
  5. ARivero

ARivero Rookie

[QUOTE = "alex_savo, post: 1135482, miembro: 201142"] Entonces, me quedé atrapado con las fotos, de hecho también me las arreglé para confundir a Dejan.

Por favor vea el enlace del video a continuación. ¿Por qué no puedo hacer que funcione el efecto de fondo borroso? Los dos estamos atrapados.
    [MEDIA = youtube] _F9UgbMZ7Rs [/ MEDIA] [/ QUOTE]

I am having the same problem. I have created a thread for the same query. I hope someone can help us ...

6. Hi folks does anyone understand all the settings in the DOF pane ? thanks.

7. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

Not all of them, but here's my understanding of all except the FSTOP and SCALE settings. I'm unsure if the numerical values correspond to any units of measurement.

FSTOP: ??? Doesn't seem to have any effect. I would have expected this to simulate the FOCUS AREA and NEAR/FAR TRANSITION of a real camera lens, making some of the settings below redundant.
    FOCAL DISTANCE: Distance between the camera and the focal plane (i.e. the sharp area of focus).
    NEAR TRANSITION: depth of transition from in-focus to blured, in front of the FOCAL AREA plane
    FAR TRANSITION: depth of transition from in-focus to blurred, behind the FOCUS AREA
    SCALE: ???
    NEAR SIZE: Amount of blur in front of the FOCUS AREA (zero = no blur).
    FAR SIZE: Amount of blur behind the FOCUS AREA (zero = no blur).
    FOCUS AREA: Depth of the in-focus area, as a depth behind the FOCAL DISTANCE plane

Notice how I have the NEAR/FAR TRANSITION settings at zero in the first image, it helps understand what is happening.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    SimRacing604, Boonatix, flihp and 8 others like this.
  8. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

I did some tests on focal distance settings using brake marker boards - I think the units are CM.

9. ARivero

ARivero Rookie

I have reinstalled the game, here I leave the graphic settings that I have at the moment and finally an attempt to take a screenshot with the values that a colleague sent me by private message. The result, failure!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Thanks Flaknine , used the bentley just for me too :D

FlakNine likes this.
  11. mob1981

mob1981 Rookie

Thanks all for this informative thread.

Is there a way to bring up the Cinema Hud without a mouse?

I have the keyboard with the attached trackpad. So no third mouse button or wheel

12. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

Not to my knowledge. Maybe you can use some 3rd party utility to map the MMB input to a key.

13. mob1981

mob1981 Rookie

Thank you.
    I found one and it worked. Thanks again

14. RoundTheBend

RoundTheBend Rookie

Hey guys, is there a way to control the roll of the free cam?

15. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

Not that I know of. Asked a while back and didn't get a "yes", so I assume it's not possible, or at least nobody in this thread knows how! Bit annoying because the roll of the free cam seems to be at a slightly weird angle by default - or is that just my imagination?!

16. Yes, but you have to connect a controller. I accidently found a line in the Camerasettings.json called "usecontrollerinfreecam" and i set it to "1".

Now i can use my xbox controller, its far superior to make screenshts and smooth cinematic videos than mouse andkeyboard. :)

17. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

That sounds great, I'll give it a try next time!

18. EddardBey

EddardBey Gamer

could u solve

19. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

I hope I’m posting in the right place.

For some screenshots I like to show the HUD, but not the race standings . They take up too much screenspace. I just want to show the speed, gear, etc data that is lower right on the screen. Can I turn off the standings pane in some way? Can element of the the HUD be repostioned?

20. TurcoMaldade

TurcoMaldade Gamer

the cinema hud doesn't seem to take effect in triple screens. does anyone know if that's an issue?