1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Screenshots Beginners' Guide

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by phil, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Frappete

Frappete Rookie

Hi, i can't open the HUD Cinema.. any help?

2. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

you have to be in free camera mode either F7 or Ctrl+F7 one and then use scroll wheel click to open it

3. Peter Nicholl

Peter Nicholl Rookie

I can get the Cinema HUD to appear and change the various parameters, but I can see no change in the image.
    Is there a setting that is required in a .json file to get the effect to work?

Boonatix shows it working well in his video: at 1:44:23 - 1:53:15, but I can't get it working.

|CPU i9 10900kf |GPU NVidia Geforce 2080Ti 11Gb
    |RAM 32GB 3200MHz |OS: Win10 pro 64bit
    |Wheel Fanatec DD1 clubsport v2 / Fanatec V3 pedals / Fanatec Seq-H shifter
    |MONITOR 49in 144Hz |NVidia High Def Audio
    |VR HP Reverb G
    |SEAT SIMLab P1x

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Lets move the discussion here, maybe this thread will help you find solution??

AngryRussian likes this.
  5. AngryRussian

AngryRussian Gamer

Thanks! Still haven't figured it out, my Dof sliders do nothing no matter the adjustments in cinemahud, so I'm adding Dof for my screenshots in post which is a pain to say the least.. Also encountered another strange bug, it seems that f7 camera motion blur doesn't work in rainy conditions.

Alibi_GT likes this.
  6. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Here, @AngryRussian i set these shot up to show my settings with a harsh DoF so it’s obvious in a small picture.

1. The shot (unedited, straight from the game):
    CEAFB494-2A9B-4A9A-95C7-F1F6A80A78F3.png
    2. Camera Controls:

76D0ECC6-294D-45B2-9605-D3A696BFE5C7.png

3. DoF Settings:
    A6EB67AB-51E2-48D6-BABB-9710DF96841E.png

7. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

I think there is a bug / limitation impacting certain users. The following posts in this thread all report that they cannot get DOF to work: #44 #45 #63 #65

It would be interesting to see what those four users have in common.

8. AngryRussian

AngryRussian Gamer

yep no idea what might be the case, here's a shot with the same settings @Want2BFast 805550_20201103151425_1.png
    The issue persists no matter the graphical settings, what I also found out is that my f7 camera doesn't have motion blur in the rain maybe that has smth to do with it.. @FlakNine

9. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

No, the rain + motion blur thing is "As designed". It works OK if the track is wet but no rain is actually falling from the sky. My guess is the rainfall effect doesn't work well with the motion blur effect, hence they switch off blur.

10. AngryRussian

AngryRussian Gamer

oh good to know, in any case other than that I'm at a loss, I've messed with different combos in the nvidia profiler nothing worked, so I keep it at stock. Quick question now that I thought of it, where's the graphics config ini file located? maybe try deleting it so it resets?

EDIT: ok I found the file, now I'll have to figure out what these settings should be set to.. Capture.JPG

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    FriendOfJah likes this.
  11. AngryRussian

AngryRussian Gamer

So I went ahead and deleted the engine file, it reset to default and now I've got Dof to play with, happy times! My guess is I edited the file for performance reasons at some point can't really remember, it works now though. Here's a complimentary celebratory shot: 805550_20201103160103_1.png

FriendOfJah, D.Jankovic and FlakNine like this.
  12. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

AngryRussian likes this.
  13. MRCMGN

MRCMGN Rookie

Hi guys
    In this video you can see Aris moves camera very quickly up in the sky to have a large view of circuit. Anyone can explain me ho to move so quickly camera. Because if I use up/down key movements are not so fast as in the video. thanks al lot

14. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

Your mouse scroll wheel controls the free camera movement speed.

FriendOfJah and MRCMGN like this.
  15. Solenza

Solenza Rookie

Thanks for informations!

16. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Has any of you ever had F12 working on the main menu but not in replay? Don't know why it started to do that and I don't know how to solve it. Already tried to disable and re enable steam overlay

FriendOfJah likes this.
  17. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Excellent screenshots! Could you please tell me how do you get the Cinema HUD menu to come up on the screen? Thanks so much.

18. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

What is the F12 key in a replay supposed to do besides take a screenshot?

19. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Only that. I think that Steam has problems with taking screenshots with HDR enabled. If I disable the HDR output in ACC settings everything works fine, with it enabled it works only on the main menu

FriendOfJah likes this.
  20. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Thanks so much for the explanation about this, I appreciate it.