1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS ACC Shared Memory Documentation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Fernando Barbarossa, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

Just a thought - you could infer the multiplier by looking at Clock in the Graphic region, If that gives you time of day, you could compare its rate of movement against real time elapsed to give you the multiplier

Neilski likes this.
  2. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

Double checked my code and I'm mapping the MFD pressures as 32bit floats. The numbers are a sensible quantity in PSI, they just never change. Perhaps this is because I don't have them displayed in the currently active MFD page? I really can't see what I could have done wrong there, I get 4 numbers of 25- or 26- point something. TBH, they look like the initial pressures for the setup but remain constant through a race so I'm guessing that the tyre pressures have to be visible in the MFD before these are updated. Which seems an odd design choice (as these are the only tyre pressure data available).

I went back over the yellow flag code and it's also correct. This was in an online race (the AI don't crash enough to make for an interesting test). There was a yellow in sector 2 (an actual incident) which set the GlobalYellow and GlobalYellow2 both to 1, so the initial change was correct. Half a second later they both were set back to 0, then 0.2s later both back to 1 for about 2 seconds, then GlobalYellow2 was set to 0 and GlobalYellow3 to 1 for half a second, then all back to 0, then half a second after that GlobalYellow3 to 1 for 0.1s then all back to 0, then GlobalYellow3 back to 1 after half a second and so on and so on like this until the flag actually cleared. In all cases the GlobalYellow value is 1 if (and only if) any of the sector-specific values is 1, but (for this test) only a single car was ever off track and he was always in sector 2.

Maybe network lag plays a part here, or maybe this car was digging itself out of the gravel somewhere close to the S2 / S3 sector line, sometimes moving around very close to some min-distance-to-racing-surface thresold (beyond which cars don't trigger flags), I don't know. I've seen similar behaviour in various online test races yesterday so it seems unlikely that this was a specific case. If I was writing a dash or HUD it would be a little annoying (flashing flag warnings) but when yellow and clear messages are being played over the radio it's really not possible to use data like this. :(

I took at look at the Clock data and it looks like that would be usable to get a time multiplier factor, so that's good. Does anyone know for sure if the forecast rainIn10 and rainIn30 are definitely relative to the game's (multiplier affected) Clock, or if they're relative to a real-time clock?

3. expor

expor Gamer

Ah, I think you misunderstood the mfd pressures then. The actual (current) psi are already available in another data block. The MFD pressures refer to the pitstop settings. So if you go to the pitstop MFD and change the PSIs it will update in shared memory accordingly.

As for the flags I don't know. I ran my implementation for 24h Kyalami from RCI and flags were always displayed correctly. Keep in mind I'm using 2s data interval for my application but flags were always in sync with the game. When initially debugging / checking the behavior I did not see the behavior you described (even on high frequency data setting). Maybe when you tested the guy indeed went on/off many times?

I did some tests with the multiplier and the 10/30min forecast values were changing very fast when setting multiplier to 12x, so I'm quite sure they indeed scale.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  4. Jim Britton

Ahhh, so I'm looking at the wrong field for tyre pressure, cool, thanks for that :)

The yellows are definitely noisy running online with a 10hz sample rate - the built in engineer definitely wasn't announcing all the changes I was seeing in shared memory

5. Jim Britton

so which field contains tyre pressure? There's a 4 float"wheelPressure" array, which is marked as "working as intended" but this always contains 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0. Always. Is this really working as intended or am I missing something? Does anyone have working current tyre pressure data?

6. Doug Duthie

Yes, it is wheelPressure from sPageFilePhysics (tyreCoreTemp for temps)

Both work for me
    upload_2021-2-27_19-16-11.png

7. expor

expor Gamer

That's the one I'm using and it works as expected for me.

I will test the flag behavior tomorrow by changing it to 10hz and see if I have the same anomalies.

8. Jim Britton

phew, found the bug in CC where I was reading tyre pressure - when combining the shared memory and UDP data for the player it was getting overwritten, so now I see it definitely works :)

AndyK70 and expor like this.
  9. AL612

AL612 Rookie

Probably PITA, but should be possible to work comparing the delta of Graphics.Clock and SysClock, obviously using the same units and only need to do it once.

10. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

On the list for an upcoming hotfix.

Neilski likes this.
  11. Jim Britton

using Doug's method it's pretty easy to get the time multiplier by comparing the rate the game-provided clock increments with real time :)

pankykapus likes this.
  12. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

Hi,

Any change to get the tyre IMO temperatures + maybe tire wear from the Shared Memory, when the car is driving on the pitlane or is on the pits? This info is available from the setup screen anyway, but getting the data collection automated would help a lot.

Cheers,

13. Doug Duthie

I'd agree - it would be nice to have tyre wear & blister/grain/flat spot condition for all tyre sets at the end of the tyre change. Come to think of it, do we have the current tyre set number in shared memory? I know we have the MFD tyre set, but that doesn't indicate what is currently on the car

Iko Rein likes this.
  14. Jim Britton

Yes, knowing the tyre set that's actually on the car would open up the possibility of tracking laps-per-set, which would be really useful

pankykapus likes this.
  15. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

I want to bring here my kudos to the Kunos Dev team to make weather information available. I have integrated it into my AI race engineer app and it works great. But the world does not stand still, so again I have a wish for a future version: Is it possible to expose the original setup (tyre compound, tyre set and initial pressures) through the shared memory interface as well?

Mattze likes this.
  16. Mattze

Mattze Gamer

This would be amazing. We are currently working on a data-driven setup assistent and reading setup parameters directly from shared mem would help us a lot.

17. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Tyre data is only accessible on the setup screen by design, this won't change. I'll forward the request for the currently active set though, as that's reasonable to pass.

expor and Doug Duthie like this.
  18. Doug Duthie

OK - no worries - thanks for the response

19. Mattze

Mattze Gamer

Thanks for clarification. Exporting the setup screen to a JSON is the only interface for tracking setup parameters or did I missed something?

20. expor

expor Gamer

Shared memory: added currentTyreSet and strategyTyreSet.

Isn't the mfd tyre set (added in recent patch) the same as strategyTyreSet? Not sure I understand the difference. The documentation isn't updated yet (although I can guess it's two extra ints at the end of physics page) and I haven't tested it yet either, just wondering.