1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS ACC Shared Memory Documentation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Fernando Barbarossa, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Paul Revival

Paul Revival Rookie

Hello! The Docs are really awesome :) But can you help me - maybe I'm blind but I can't find any "clock" field in docs..
    The very first post is marked as "updated on 5 feb. 2020" but you post about "Corrected version is now up in the first thread" is marked as "16 Apr. 2020".
    Where can I find the very new version of docs that contains "clock"-field and mb some more features ? :)

2. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Well, firstly the forum is fibbing. I don't know why, but it's not showing the last change to the atachments. The PDF file was updated in July and somehow it seems that @Ensi Ferrum broke part of the document - see post below for the bit you wanted. (Maybe a fresh version of the PDF file would be helpful? ;):p)

Paul Revival likes this.
  3. Paul Revival

Paul Revival Rookie

Ahaaa!! Thank you lots'n'lots! :) There's no "float clock" field in docs from first post on that place - that's why I wondered why "directionLightsLeft" is a such big integer - but that was a time :D

expor and Neilski like this.
  4. Gallow24

Gallow24 Gamer

Hi,

could you add values for pit stop settings for tire set, tire pressures, fuel to add? This would allow us to create tools to control the pitstop-settings for example depending on remaining race time, weather conditions etc. Or a team mate can handle this.
    If we have only read access this could be done with button macros. Is it possible to get write access as well?

detoit likes this.
  5. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

Just a quick question.

When going through the documentation/shm data for a review for a new release, I was testing from the SPageFileGraphic the
    float fuelXLap : Average fuel consumed per lap in Liters
    When I look at the data received, I only get 2.00 or 3.00, i.e. it seems the value I am getting is floored/rounded from the real value.

So my question is, do you get fractions in the fuelXLap, i.e. is there an issue in my way of getting the data or is the data bit useless? All other data received is ok, like e.g. the fuelEstimatedLap. Just this fuelXLap field is bit odd.

Cheers.

6. Hornet-Wing

Hornet-Wing Rookie

I'm looking for exactly the same data for the same reasons. Is there any chance this could be added?

7. expor

expor Gamer

I'm quite sure I get the correct values in my app for fuelXLap...

8. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

Thank you for the reply for confirming the data should be correct.

I did go through my code with extra care and found a misplaced (int) cast. That is gone now and the data I receive is correct.

Cheers.

Neilski likes this.
  9. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

Documentation for V1.6 is up.
    Check first post.

10. expor

expor Gamer

I was hoping for flag indication for each sector. Is that in the pipeline by any chance?

11. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

@Ensi Ferrum - are there any plans to differentiate between the track years (eg silverstone_2018/silverstone_2019/silverstone_2020) in the same way the server results files do? It would sure be nice as the potential lap times are quite different

Thanks

12. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

I just pushed to GitHub my ACC Shared Memory --> UDP code.

This is the Shmem-UDP relay, I provide with my Telemetry tool, so that the tool can reside on different computer than ACC.

The code is based on the Shared Memory example on the first page. I have added
    - UDP networking
    - 1 byte at start of each sent packet for easy recognition of packet
    - relay version packet to provide that info too
    - fixed keyboard input retrieval to avoid AV flagging of the compiled code.
    - cleaned bit the code + added some comments.

The repo is at: https://github.com/IkoRein/ACC_ShmemUDP_Relay

Just wanted to share it, if any other devs need such stuff.

Cheers

AndyK70, Ensi Ferrum and PhilVitt like this.
  13. Malc2169

Malc2169 Gamer

Hi,

Is the SharedMem extraction available as a DLL extension? I only know how to program in Visual Basic :(

Thanks

14. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

I am not a C programmer either. This was the first time I did anything with C for many, many years.

I have also never done anything like a DLL stuff either, thus cannot help on that. Maybe you could take this as a little "learning" project, i.e. how to turn the ShmemRelay into a DLL.

Cheers.

15. cgfdoo

cgfdoo Rookie

Visual Basic shouldn't be a problem. I am consuming the data with C# just fine. There were a couple of links in this thread for ready-to-go libraries (for C# anyways). You want to check the documentation for MemoryMappedFile to read the bytes from the Shared Memory File and then parse those bytes into the proper data types to get the actual values.

If you go back a few pages in this thread you should find a C# example that you can adapt to VB.

16. Malc2169

Malc2169 Gamer

Hey mate, thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I now have the C# pretty much fully translated and am extracting tyre pressures in Visual Basic. I'll even have a go at compiling the C# codes into a DLL to make it more accessible to all (but that's for another day ;) )

Again, thanks. I really appreciate the heads-up.

17. Doug Duthie

This is probably quite obvious, but I'm being a bit dim, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. Why is there an offset between the brake bias reported in shared memory and the values displayed on the dashboard, and why is this different per car?

18. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

That is just because how BBias is calculated by the Physics engine.
    In the official Shared Memory documentation you can find the correct offsets for each car.

19. Doug Duthie

OK - thanks for the response

20. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

@Ensi Ferrum I think in the Shmem documentation the Windspeed unit is not correct. The values from Shmem are in KPH, not MS.

And Ensi or anyone else. How do you make sense of the windDirection value?

The documentation says windDirection is in Rads, but I just cannot get my head around the values. They seem to be all over the place, from -66 to 703 and even with same wind direction the values can be pretty far from each other. I was expecting values around PI.

Cheers.