1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC - Sound - Your Audio

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by GONKO, Apr 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I am just wondering what people are listening to ACC through. I have a headset hooked up to my front 3.5mm jack on the PC (my 373D headset dongle died so no longer using that), so I am wondering if I am losing out on any sound quality?
    I have also been looking at the windows audio options, such as 24 bit 48,000Khz and 96,000Khz and so on....I am not sure what the ideal option would be here or to what extent the source sound in ACC is sampled at?

I love nothing more than the sound of a car driven in anger. Please share you audio settings and your listening device. I am open to buying new headset if it is going to add to the experience.
    My current headset is a Sennheiser BT 4.50.

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

Most modern games run at 24 bit, 48000Khz. If your cord is long enough, I would plug it directly into your sound card in back and not use the front panels. Turn off all "enhancements" like virtual surround sound, etc.

That's what I'm using with an Asus Xonar DX sound card and wired gaming headset.

3. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I don't think the machine has a dedicated sound card. It is running off the Realtek high definition audio, which I think is on the Mobo. I sometimes hear what is like some interference on the menu screen in ACC, and I think this may be down to the audio setup I have.

buddhatree likes this.
  4. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

Try plugging your headphones into the back panel and see if you still hear the interference.

5. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

For my headphones (Sennheiser Game One) I have a USB Headphone amp - the SoundBlaster X G5. My system also has an onboard Realtek sound card which I use to drive my ButtKicker Gamer 2. The sound quality and depth of using a dedicated headphone amp like this vs the lower end onboard sound of most motherboards is massive if you're on good headphones. This difference goes down somewhat if you're using an independently powered speaker system, or if you have a higher end motherboard with better sound (like an ASUS Crosshair or ASRock Fatality).

Snoeipaard likes this.
  6. GONKO

GONKO Racer

So plugging into the rear panel, no interference, but the overall audio quality drops. The interference is only when the game is launched, so I feel the graphics card firing up may be causing static.
    I've ordered a Arctis Pro with Game DAC so this will bypass the on board audio completely and hopefully make the cars sound even sweeter.
    I love ACC and want to hear it in all its glory.

7. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

Regarding audio, I use the Astro headset and have only recently connected it directly to my pc (was connected to tv before) as I have just discovered the joy that is crew chief. It has worked flawlessly for days but today for the 1st time my headphones decided to keep switching themselves off every 5 minutes. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know the solution?

many thanks in advance
    Baz

8. FLO 1337

FLO 1337 Rookie

Feel your pain Gonko- My previous sound card is not compatible with windows 10 and had enough of on board, same issue interference and overall quality; opted for a new card. Made the world of difference on my 10 year old earphones. The new headphones you ordered have an on-board dac Sabre 9018q2c and although never used SteelSeries I'm sure you will see the gains and quality your looking for!

9. Simos

Simos Rookie

Get a usb headphone amplifier, it will make a huge difference. Around a 100€ will be great, half the price will be nice if you make some research. You will not regret it.

Rogue Leader likes this.
  10. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Racer

Optical out from an onboard realtek soundcard connected to a Harman Kardon Enchant 800 soundbar with subwoofer. Sounds awesome ;)