1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

ACC Telemtry App, RacingSimTools.com

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Zeraxx, Jun 29, 2019.

1. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

If I bought RST(for ACC) in 2019 - can I continue to use? Or do I need a subscription now?

2. BenZ_67

BenZ_67 Rookie

you can use it normal

3. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Like Benz said, if you have a ACC license, that one time purchase if for life, so you will always be able to use the tool without further payment. The Subscription is for new members only.

4. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Thanks! That nice )

5. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've posted and update, the RST staff has been super busy at our newest update which allows the user to select and compare as many laps as they would like. We hope to get this update into open beta sometime early next week. Get a glimpse of the new update in my latest stream!

6. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Update:

RST Imola Pack is out on Saturday, new RST Update is going into public beta on Sunday!
    P.S. 1:42:2 Race Pace @ 23c with Full Fuel who is hyped for this new setup pack from RST?

[​IMG]

7. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

8. Tadge

Tadge Rookie

RST may be a good and powerful tool in the hands of those who can use it but those who are new to reading telemetry are just as well paying someone to teach them how and instead download Motec, which is free. Why do I say this? Well, in the words of the co-founder Z. Eiter, RST is an advanced tool for advanced users, i.e. people who know how to read telemetry. This came about from a request he made of his own volition for feedback about his videos and the use of his product because someone called Mike Evans allegedly made a 'nasty comment'. I read Mike's comment and saw nothing wrong with it. Then, when I offer my feedback, which was given in a courteous and respectful manner, Zach proceeds to make the aforementioned excuse of the tool being for advanced users. Now, maybe I got it wrong here but when someone asks for feedback, one can be forgiven for believing that the person in question does indeed intend to take all feedback, critical or otherwise and use it for the betterment of his product. Not to insult the person, who inadvertently puts themselves in a position for ridicule, and further suggesting that they are either too lazy or too stupid to learn his tool. Well, I have tried to learn how to use RST and quite frankly it's about as clear as mud to me. I must therefore be thick as 2 short planks. Thank you Zach for pointing this out to me. Could I, however, again probably a stupid thing to do, offer Zach a word of advice? Take a look at the homepage of the RST website and understand and I quote, "
    Racing Sim Tools
    Whether you’re a noobie to telemetry, a veteran, or someone who just wants good setups without the hassle, RST has the Software and Products to give you the edge in Sim Racing.", is entirely misleading and lies to potential customers, if you do indeed stand by your belief that your tool is for advanced users with a solid understanding of racecar engineering, don't advertise it as being usable by "noobie"'s.
    As before, I wish Zach all the best in his future endeavours and that he can find a way to accept help when it is offered and especially when he asks for it.

9. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Tadge, I apologize that you felt that you were being criticized somehow in our discord. I can assure you that would never be the case as I wouldn’t allow that. I do appreciate your opinion, while I don’t agree with it, I do appreciate you giving the time to give us feedback. So that we can try to improve.

When it comes to RST, the other day we were asking for opinions on our setup videos, and if users found them useful. You didn’t comment on the original question, but said you felt that RST was too advanced. I pointed you to our numerous training materials, like our 200 page manual which contains 100+ pages of theory, our setup videos and our setup 101 series. You said you’d prefer another tool, when I looked that tool up it wasn’t a telemetry tool at all, but more akin to a setup workflow, suggesting what setup changes to make in certain behaviors. Because of that I did in fact say, maybe RST wasn’t the tool for you as I want to be as transparent with my customers as possible, not because your not capable of learning, but if your learning the ins and outs of what some settings do maybe diving into telemetry is a little premature until you have a grasp on the basics first.

The wording on our https://RacingSimTools.com “noobie to telemetry” assumes you know the basics of car setup work, and you have a basic understanding of what certain setup adjustments do in certain behaviors. And are ready to begin the path of learning telemetry

Again, because how much time and money we have invested in developing our training material, and how accessible we have made some of this data in RST, I firmly agree that RST can accommodate a wide range of users. I also encourage if there are questions to reach out on our discord, we have 2,000+ users and we all love to help and teach other the ins and outs of telemetry.

While I can’t help but think this is a big understanding and I think this could have been handled better offline by reaching out to me directly, again I do appreciate your feedback!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  10. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Hey guys I’m super excited to announce our new beta build is out. The new update includes a new architecture which should make things easier to update and allow us to do some really cool things we have planned in future updates.

One of the biggest updates to the tool is the ability to select many laps in the lap tree to overlay data for. Check out the video below to see some of the new stuff!

11. Tadge

Tadge Rookie

Hi Zach, without getting descending into a slagging match here, which is not my intention, I do have to further clarify that your reply rather nicely 'down plays' our conversation and somewhat twists what was actually said. Also that it was you who made a request for feedback.

Firstly, I do not understand where you get, you think I felt I was being criticized? I never said anything to that effect nor implied it. Your assurance that you wouldn't allow it seems confusing as it was you I was in contact with. The feedback that was offered was not given without request and your statement of appreciation, so on & so forth makes no sense when viewed with the context of the original conversation. You asked for feedback and then didn't like what was given. Why ask then? Acceptance and appreciation of feedback should be in all it's forms as long as it is given with good intent and in a favourable manner. Which I am quite sure I did.

I was in fact completely aware that you asked for feedback about your videos. I am also completely aware of the content of said videos which is why I couldn't offer feedback on the videos without also commenting on RST at the same time. I thought this would be obvious and therefore I had indeed answered the original question or rather your request for feedback on said videos. As for my comments to you, I shall reiterate, they were simply offered to you in good faith and as a gesture of friendliness to help you, what I believed at the time to be, your willingness to make RST more accessible to those not so conversed in the use of telemetry. As for Motec usage, Aris showed people how to setup Motec for ACC owners, so I don't see how it is any more difficult to use as a telemetry application. As for the 'other tool', I never likened it to RST nor any other telemetry app. I stated that for people trying to use an app for car setups then that particular app was a far easier tool to use, in my, perhaps misguided belief, that a lot of people purchasing RST would do so to create a setup for themselves. Perhaps I failed to put my point across clearly. In which case, that is my fault.

Now, could this have been handled better offline, as you put it, perhaps, as I was already directly in contact with yourself. A big misunderstanding? Funny how it becomes a misunderstanding now.

As for everything else, rather than argue with you about who said what to who and when, because I am fully aware of the who, what and when, nor do I wish to descend into a slagging match with you. I suggest you screenshot the entire conversation from that day and post it here, that in itself is proof enough of what was said to who and not in fact as you describe it here.

I will not continue any further with this nor answer any more posts, I am actually not trying to be obtuse, and prevent this from becoming more than it should. Simply post the conversation as suggested. It will clarify what was said and within what context. Then anyone caring enough to read it can see for themselves without either you or myself diluting or distorting the truth.

Yet again, I wish you and RST all the best in future endeavours and I hope that this has been a learning experience, for both of us.

12. deni80s

deni80s Gamer

RST is a powerful telemetry tool! Thanks for such a great app. Very satisfied. The new Beta version is very pleased with its innovations. Thanks to the guys who did it.

13. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Thank you for the kind words, we were definitely excited to make the new beta public. We have some very cool plans for future update so please stay tuned!

deni80s likes this.
  14. Morgisto

Morgisto Rookie

Well I have had RST since early days and must be honest I have never really understood telemetry in general meaning RST and Motec.... Having said that i must say that yesterday i installed the beta version took the Driver tab (Overview) option and overlaid a Nils data lap as base lap with mine and decided to try and figure out where i was loosing time ....... i actually started getting a good idea of my mistakes and actually gained 0.9 on my second lap. Then I saw James Parkers comment in discord and I must admit it all started making sense to me. See James comments attached

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  15. Morgisto

Morgisto Rookie

Like any program RST just needs time to understand it .

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  16. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Absolutely 1000% correct, that's awesome that you were able to find that 0.9 by using some of Nils data. We just added the driver development content a few updates a go. Have you checked out Nil's video where he steps through RST and some user data and provides some high level analysis? If not check this video out it might have some very useful information for you.

As always you can ask questions on our discord and I or our other users can try to help!

deni80s likes this.
  17. Morgisto

Morgisto Rookie

Videos cant come out fast enough I watch whenever anything comes out.My achilles heel would be my 2 boys are the drivers and I mostly struggle to get them to focus on necessary detail .... I have added RST to my own PC and am trying to get used to analyzing a lap in realtime and then comment on changes they shud make .....(BTW I don't drive )

18. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Well def try to get some more videos out, were about to start up the kyalami setup streams, and I'm hoping to get a few setup 101 videos out soon!

19. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Hey guys were working on some more RST Theory Videos to share on our YouTube, that being said we have been getting a lot of requests for 1 on 1 services to coach people through the data. So just wanted to mention we are now offering this service, check out the information at our discord:
    https://discord.gg/Ekj3GZtnhA

20. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

PRODUCTION RELEASE 2.2.0

New Features:

1) Ability to select as many laps as you want (Be weary huge performance hit the more laps you try to render)

2) Added the Sidebar that dynamically adds/removes data based on what is selected in the lap tree.

3) Backend changes (nearly entire rewrite of the app)

1) Added GT4 and 2020 GT3 cars to the ACC Car Param Dropdown.

2) Removed Damper Histogram Margins

3) Updated the Car Param UI

4) Updated Time Slip Messages on Driver graphs

5) Added the ability to hold down the car params increment buttons.

6) Changed the full screen behavior so it does not hide the task bar.

7) Added some buttons on each page to zoom the graph either in x, y, or x and y at same time. These zooming functions are also key binds.

8) Added Error Logging to RST. The error log will save to the main directory you have RST installed at and is called error.txt

9) Driver toggle, this new toggle will auto uncheck the last lap and check the recently completed lap in RST, this is a feature that is nice if you have RST on a second screen and your trying to improve yourself in a specific corner and have a baseline lap selected.

10) Changed the autologin.txt file location to be in the app data folder, we are hoping this gets around the need for RST to be started as admin every update.

11) RST now points to an enterprise server. The old server will remain online for another 3 weeks so everyone can transition to the new version of RST, at that time it will be shutdown.

Bug Fixes:

1) General Performance improvements in the backend

2) Fixed issue that would cause the application to crash in AMS2 when "skipping to the next session"

3) Fixed display issue with car params.

4) Fixed issue where sometimes the symmetric tick box in car params would still allow users to edit each option.

5) Fixed issue that would prevent RST from reading F1 2019 data.

6) Changed the color list to help with colors that were too close to one another.

7) Various stability improvements

upload_2021-5-9_8-55-36.png