1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Update 0.2 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Echo_29, Sep 23, 2018.

1. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Do you guys have to change the FOV to see something when you are in the Bentley.

In the Lambo, I have a nice view of the track, the windscreen takes nearly all the space on my screen...
    However in the Bentley, it's like if I was seated on the bottom of the car. The track seems far away from me, very narrow and tiny.
    Ok, the Bentley is huge, but it's not a Monster truck!

2. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

If you look at real life footage and see where the driver is sitting in the Bentley, then yeah, i think it's unfortunatelly pretty accurate represented in the game :D
    Luckily, peasant me is driving either dash cam view or hood lol

3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

It also doesn't go dark till 2100hrs, at Nurburg the light starts dropping at around 19oohrs and gradually gets darker over a couple of hours, at Misano your still driving around in daylight at 2000hrs.
    Agree with the brightness thing especially in the replays.

For me the overall graphics looked better in the 1st release, there is alot more shimmering in 0.2 and more jaggies on the white lines on both tracks, I'd like it reverted back to the 1st release on this side.
    Also the level of blue tint in cloudy/light & medium rain is ridiculous so unnatural, and again get rid of stormy conditions, absolutely pointless condition to have in a driving sim.

4. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Good build this 0.2.
    Finetuning on ffb, a really new gt3 car that drive very differente from the other, a good track, sounds seem even better and with more details, wonderful special events, race weekend.

On the other side, i've experienced for the fisrt time a game crash, AI need improvement in the last turn @ Misano, the suspension graph need an explanation, graphic is miles away from visual realism and it seems the typical videogame "cartoonish" graphic (the AC style was far better even if very poor in details).

5. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

May be just as intended. Misano is in June, Nürburgring is in September.

Rehooja, Ace Pumpkin and th3o like this.
  6. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Good point, did not look at the date

7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sun position, sunrise and sunset are taken for the exact circuit position and date of the race. Yes at Misano there's a lot of light till 21:00

For the comment about getting rid of stormy conditions because pointless... well thanks for the feedback.

8. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Very glad my PC could run this in VR, (2700k Gtx 980ti)
    No problems so far.......... Bentley is a truck but beginning to like it

Is there a recenter button for VR?

Once again great work Kunos

9. Arlo and jim jones like this.
  10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

i will never understand why people are posting such a nonsense. o_O
    sad. :(

11. fabT

fabT Alien

So please take note of mine too.

Driving ACC in stormy conditions was probably the best challenge i've had in about 20 years of sim-racing.
    Can't recall any other racing sim conveying such a realistic wet physics representation.

Looks great, feels great.
    Not everybody liking it ? Understandable.

12. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I just don't understand why people not liking stormy conditions demand that it gets taken out of the game. No one is forcing them to choose this setting. It's not like they have no choice. Baffling to me.
    Personally, i love it. Even Empty Box who i would say is a serious sim racer loved the challenge and loved the feeling.

dvo, Arlo, sissydriver and 2 others like this.
  13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I mean, it's ok to say you don't like something.
    What annoys me as well are the people that say something is broken or needs to be removed just because they don't like (for whatever reason) and think their opinion is the only valid one while everything/everybody else is just wrong/stupid.

This problem happens both IRL and on the internet sadly.

Typer, F1Aussie, Dean Ogurek and 3 others like this.
  14. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

The FFB is definitely better now. One thing that I still think is odd, is that at low speeds the FFB still doesn't react much. For example, when you are stopped and you floor the gas in 1st gear, the wheels spin (a bit) and the car (visually) twists / oversteers, however the forces through the wheel are pretty minimal. Comparing to AC, the forces here in a similar situation are much stronger.

15. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Vanilla AC is the most cartoonish looking racing game by far, and ACC is the most photorealistic (but not perfect) looking one so far thanks to UE4 which is much more visual feature complete than any custom engine out there.

Only people that spent thousands of hours in AC are conditioned enough to think AC looks good, but it looks like a PS3 game in HD.

Go outside, check how the real world looks like. :D

Kincade likes this.
  16. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

17. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

This is a pretty good way to lose all credibility instantly :p

Ace Pumpkin, Jebus, liakjim and 3 others like this.
  18. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Restart Steam, then when you launch ACC you'll have the option :)

19. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

At this point in development, despite quite good cpu usages on many cores, VR still suffers a lot from CPU bottleneck. I suspect the game is still bound by the cpu draw call limitations of DX11 API.

[​IMG]

I wish they consider to shift resources into DX12 or Vulkan.

Rehooja, AurusCE, F1Aussie and 3 others like this.
  20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

So now with VR available have managed to do some laps, took a while to get going with some control issues but managed to get around in the end. Biggest issue I’ve run in to is that head movement is not free from the car, I look forward and the whole car moves instead of me looking closer to the dash, also there’s no intro sound, much less of an issue