1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Update 0.2 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Echo_29, Sep 23, 2018.

1. luk12

luk12 Rookie

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

?
    if you mean that in the replay you can see the car on the air, that's for now as designed. Your car is "moved" to a virtual flat plane when you go to the setup, to make sure the setup is working properly and not affected by the track not being completely flat. Then it is moved back to the track and..."gently" touches ground again.

3. luk12

luk12 Rookie

that's explain a lot ;)

Aristotelis likes this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I am sorry not being here with positive stuff... :(

I really feel like driving in the storm is much easier now. At least the feeling that "something is about to happen" is greatly reduced to me. Wobles are gone, car still slips, looses traction and powerslides, but it is just not the same, twitchyness is gone.

Nurburgring is same pace, or perhaps even slower, but it must be because puddle in braking to T11 is way bigger, also going through Mercedes Arena is much harder, exiting T3 there has to be a bug in the mesh or IDK, it is just sending car to the left, have to be extremely cautious with it

earlyapex likes this.
  5. fabT

fabT Alien

Much easier ? Did you try reducing default TC settings ?
    It's challenging as before imho ( maybe even more dificult due to T3/T4 and T11 -seemingly- worse aquaplaning as you noticed ).

:confused:

6. Typer

Typer Simracer

Having been patiently waiting for VR support before throwing myself into ACC, I made the fatal error of failing to share the development roadmap with the other half (I know, a schoolboy error for sure). A summer holiday was booked and now I am forced to enjoy the vegetables from afar. For me they are but virtual vicarious vegetables .

7. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

I understand that ACC is in EA, still as VR(Oculus) user, my eyes get tired from "road jumping" pretty soon. Pls, consider implementing 'lock to horizon' option ASAP. Also, abscence of true 6dof in cockpit doesnt add to experience either. I certainly hope that team will release interim patch(s) improoving VR experience.

8. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

guys, can you tell me how this now works with adjusting tc and abs? i do adjust it, go on track but it almost always jumps back to 8 and 10 or so, or 6 and 6. in the bottom right corner.
    i can not figure out when it works and when it does not. is it a bug?

9. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Looks buggy

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

its reported as a bug, the devs know it, dunno where its posted, to lazy (sorry) to find it at the moment. the new settings are active, only the displayed are wrong.

th3o likes this.
  11. Stains

Stains Simracer

Other games in VR look fantastic and with a decent PC can get really nice performance but ACC looks like trash ATM and does not perform any better !
    Blurry as crap and the aliasing is absolutely awful !
    I really truly hope Kunos have some magic left to bring the image quality up to say rF2 clarity and smoothness !!

bobken likes this.
  12. Stains

Stains Simracer

o_O

petesky likes this.
  13. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I mean, if you want to be taken seriously, i really advise that you try to formulate your complaints a bit less emotional and using less of extreme phrases. How on earth do you expect someone to think that you might have a point when throwing around things like "looks like trash"? Certain areas of the game might not be polished or finalized as we have just version 0.2 of the game, but "looks like trash"?? Really? Aside from a bit of unpolished AA or Sharpness the game has great textures, lighting and geometry going on and no one said that what we have now is final.

AurusCE, Pulley, Typer and 4 others like this.
  14. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Or maybe instead of being blind fanboys they might just actually know that this is first iterations of VR in this game. So maybe you should give it more time and do as th3o suggested.

Playing alpha EA games need the right kind mentality and attitude towards them. If you can't stand/handle it come back at v1.0

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    AurusCE, Felge Schneider and th3o like this.
  15. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Gamer

Sorry if it was asked before but is the pitstop in the sprintrace meant to be working propperly for the AI? I'm asking because me and two other cars didn't do the pitstop while the rest of the field was pitting.

16. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I can see that...

Kopiller likes this.
  17. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Everyone is a fanboy but me!

Kopiller, Mario Moretti and Stains like this.
  18. Stains

Stains Simracer

Im a massive fanboy .....but of sim racing ! all of them and want the best out of them but in VR and VR only !and atm rF2 ticks the most boxes for me . I was really hoping ACC would just be on another level , it still may be but certainly not just yet .

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

No worries, it's a common passive-aggressive tactic. :p:D

Stains likes this.